What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke up thinking it was Tuesday & no appointments to attend...about to stretch out & turn over then remembered a baptism I'm attending is today...so up coffee & cream in hand...then to scramble around find something to wear...then off to see family & old friends at church...woke to a 6.5 (succumbed to a cheese scone last night made by my little neighbour & kitten sitter Liv).

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
saw this and happens to be my thinking too.

so thought i'd share.

the idea we have an ideal weight our bodies fight tooth and nail to get back too, makes so much sense..
Little suckers taking NO chances we might kill it with ignorance or neglect..:D

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dog looks just like our Duke who had to be euthanized last year and, as Carly Simon said, I miss him more than I ever knew.
Our animals are so loyal and loving. They do leave a huge gap in our lives when they go. I always feel grateful though that we can euthanase them and that they don't have to suffer long and painful illnesses.

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from the village that invented Bandy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandy. A sub optimal 5.2 ± 5% was today's offering. Air fried pork belly from the crocodile farm atop avocado salad only meal yesterday - did have 800 mls bulletproof tea, a bulletproof coffee and tea with cream in Waitrose. The buffalo sirloin, venison shanks and >20 types of sausage looked good as did the Impala, Zebra, Croc, Ostrich etc (they had lamb @dunelm but who wants that in such a place?) - diversion to avoid road works to blame there. Rotisserie gizmo in air fryer is a revelation so hoping the barn reared chicken delivers. Amy Carmichael to remember today, @SaskiaKC psalm 33 vv 2-3 for ya. @trick60 sing along later:angelic: Cricket, football and rugby to absorb today. You be careful out among them English (John Book).

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Hug for the exhausting experience, and for the tattooed lady! I hope I remember about it next time I try to do business with someone who is probably perfectly capable and qualified but whose English is so poor that they can't understand what I'm saying any more than I can understand them. Sigh.

Thanks @SaskiaKC
:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re faaaarm yes you are probably right, I mark myself as a newcomer every time I mention a place name round these parts though. I’m sure the pronunciation is specifically designed to make a fool of non locals! Mr C thinks he is a local now ( even though he still has a Yorkshire accent) because he refers to his ‘crib’ which means packed lunch. In Yorkshire they called it ‘snap’
My grandfather had a snap tin to pack his lunch in and a white enamel tea kettle. Some parts of Yorkshire call it ‘bait’ but for my grandfather it was ‘snap’.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 3:40 am

Well...no acrylic painting this morning. Something else for my painting a day challenge to myself.

As I said yesterday at the insurance office, the extensively tattooed insurance lady (who was of a much larger size than most of us...this large size explanation is just so you can visualise how much tattoo work was on her) was scary to see. Although the main thing was that extensive tattooing up her legs, up her hands and arms right to her shoulders, and creeping up her neck into her face and also ears, hindered me a lot with my Lipreading because it was all too busy for my eyes to concentrate on her lips. I never mentioned the lip, tongue, and ear piercings did I? So her lips and tongue were distorted for lipreading as well...

It was all scary because there was not one bit of her pink flesh in between the tattoos. It was like she had a highly decorated garment covering her. It was the fact there was none of her natural flesh showing in between the tattoos...it was all filled in with colour...

I forgot to mention the barbed wire tattoos entwined up all her fingers and thumbs...

I do have to say she was a lovely lady and was patient with me, because she had to re explain quite a few times because I couldn't follow what she was saying (because of her lip and mouth and tongue distortion with tattoos and piercings).

But all I could think of was the illustrated man stories by Ray Bradbury...

But this was the illustrated woman...

My imagination had her in a travelling circus, where different stories can be viewed from her tattoos....and this is while I am trying to concentrate on my insurance!

I had a couple of nightmares when I got home and a disturbed night's sleep with weird dreams on tattoos.

So this morning I did this illustration on my feelings on the tattooed lady.
It's on an A4 sheet paper. I used felt tip brush pens, and nylon bristle brush pens.

It took me too long, two and a half hours. My eyes hurt with concentrating on this. I did enjoy the process of doing it, but I won't be repeating this any time soon. It was hard work doing the silhouettes. I wanted to entwine more silhouettes in this picture, but I just couldn't do any more.

Normal service of acrylics will resume tomorrow...

By the way I have been working with my Chinese metal exercise balls with my painful hand, and it is working. The only thing is Popeye doesn't like them. He keeps trying to knock them out of my hand. And when that didn't stop me, he then grabs my hand exercising with the metal balls with both his front paws, claws extended but not to hurt me, but to prevent me moving the metal balls. He seems confused I want to do this...
BB0106E0-3418-42F9-A72D-E580DD6B22BE.jpeg

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.9 this morning I’ve been following a DietDoctor keto meal plan all week and have found they usually help to bring things back under control. I usually have to swap a few of the meals. Goats cheese featured twice and I really don’t like goats cheese. I’ve tried and tried but now given up on it.
Hope everything went well for you yesterday @johnpol had everything crossed for you.
@dogslife I do hope you manage a restful weekend and feel better today after a good night’s sleep. It makes such a difference.
@Tipetoo your comment on crib was interesting, I wonder why crib means lunch though - it means a baby’s bed to me. Maybe, originally the baskets the food was carried in looked like little cribs?
@ianpspurs I like trying exotic game meats - there was a gastropub near our old house which sold them, you could order 3 different types and they’d arrive raw with a super-hot slate on which you cooked them to your own preference of rareness. Never fancied croc though.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greeted very nicely with a 5.2 this morning. Apparently, there is going to be a Siberian summer for the next few days so I am guessing her ladyship is already planning some form of horticultural torture ;)

#transitgate was jolly good yesterday with two for the price of one. All in all, I am a happy bunny, enjoy the weekend :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greeted very nicely with a 5.2 this morning. Apparently, there is going to be a Siberian summer for the next few days so I am guessing her ladyship is already planning some form of horticultural torture ;)

#transitgate was jolly good yesterday with two for the price of one. All in all, I am a happy bunny, enjoy the weekend :)
Great stuff esteemed thread leader. Moi aussi for fbg and #transitgate - no 4 BSC for me. Yours? Siberian summer is a keeper as is poo 1 get 1 free. POGOF maybe?

Reactions: SaskiaKC

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of lazy nights and working on a go slow came in at 3.9 this a.m. A quick dash around the kitchen had it up to 5.1, now at 4.2 - all in 30 minutes.

Duck legs yesterday, sous vide for three hours then chucked into the oven. Not bad but I do prefer confit duck legs, a tin of which is still sitting in the cupboard, brought back from our last trip to France.

Rumour has it that some folk are moving house so that they can be in the catchment area for the Bury Fen Bandy Club. The things people do now just to get into top notch clubs.

Hygiene inspection at the GP surgery this morning. Best sharpen my pencil and dig out my white gloves.

Koffy calls, have a great day if you can.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way I have been working with my Chinese metal exercise balls with my painful hand, and it is working.
Interesting, I have suffer with Arthritis in my Knees, Ankles, Hands and Shoulders, was x-rayed a few years ago and the advise I was given by my doctor ,not the same useless one I saw regarding T2, was keep exercising and playing your instruments you can't overdo this, and so I have, thus the bike riding and music, it's proven successful for me, I notice if I have some days not doing exercise the pain and stiffness is much worse than when I do. I'm pleased it seems to be working for you.

Loved your work of art, brilliantly captured Tattooed Lady as did your description, there are some amazing tattoo artists especially those who do not use templates, can't afford to make a mistake in that line of art.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
saw this and happens to be my thinking too.

so thought i'd share.

the idea we have an ideal weight our bodies fight tooth and nail to get back too, makes so much sense..
Little suckers taking NO chances we might kill it with ignorance or neglect..:D

Makes complete sense to me @jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and the arty fa*rty also the welly wangers, I admire the skill, plus I never able to throw my wellies with any accuracy.
A 7.6 this morning, still it's under 10 so OK, but I have reduced my insulin and played with my diet. Therefore today I cannot question the marital state of my meters parents.
Me and me's have a busy day ahead, my eldest grandson 9 3/4's is coming round to show me how to make a go cart .
Well folks enjoy your day remembering to stock up on jumping jacks and bangers.