What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brindley's recipe?:angelic:
Some friends of my son works with an Indian Lady who does Meals for Indian Festivals and events and she gives these friends recipes and advise. So son and friends drink copious amounts of Gin and Tonnics, make a lot of noise, steam, smells and blue smoke in his kitchen, all ingredients are purchased fresh and cobbled together, then served to us in batches for approval, feels a bit like The Great British Bake Off.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some friends of my son works with an Indian Lady who does Meals for Indian Festivals and events and she gives these friends recipes and advise. So son and friends drink copious amounts of Gin and Tonnics, make a lot of noise, steam, smells and blue smoke in his kitchen, all ingredients are purchased fresh and cobbled together, then served to us in batches for approval, feels a bit like The Great British Bake Off.
Sounds like what would be a perfect evening in our house :) Atul Kochhar’s Simple Indian is the most used cookbook in my kitchen but how great your son has a friend to advise.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like what would be a perfect evening in our house :) Atul Kochhar’s Simple Indian is the most used cookbook in my kitchen but how great your son has a friend to advise.
I'm not very good at remembering the names of Indian dishes although I enjoy them immensely. They did all the usual starter food from scratch, Cauliflower in some spiced coating and batter, onion barges which they were determined to get perfect, thus the large amaoun eaten, some sort of cheese coated with a spice served with a sauce, with chilli, tomatoes and spinach then a chicken and coconut curry. Rice was the only big cheat, microwaved packets. This is the third Indian Meal they have cooked for us this year, they seem determined to get it perfect. Luckily our Granddaughters love the food too so a good family evening in a very cramped cottage, one of life's treasures as you well know.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold cheese and wine parties are the height of sophistication sounds like a good night.

It was; two retired teachers, an archaeologist, and a dodgy scientist that we believe is an evil genius. The conversation revolved around ancient cultures but reached a lack of sobriety wherein all that could be discussed was "what did the Romans do for us?" (Monty Python reference) :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not very good at remembering the names of Indian dishes although I enjoy them immensely. They did all the usual starter food from scratch, Cauliflower in some spiced coating and batter, onion barges which they were determined to get perfect, thus the large amaoun eaten, some sort of cheese coated with a spice served with a sauce, with chilli, tomatoes and spinach then a chicken and coconut curry. Rice was the only big cheat, microwaved packets. This is the third Indian Meal they have cooked for us this year, they seem determined to get it perfect. Luckily our Granddaughters love the food too so a good family evening in a very cramped cottage, one of life's treasures as you well know.

does sound a rather perfect evening..well jel..:D

before i forget, mention was made of chicken tikka Masalla
lovely dish..BUT when we were in India, we bought the boys in shack fruit, and a pineapple.
ladies cut the pineapple, all skin and the pips, then chop up & put in a bag to eat,
AND the option of Masalla spice to go ON the pineapple.

afraid i was too wary of the pineapple to try.
but the lads seem to think it weird NOT to have it spiced as such.
( just a little titbit of information i had tucked away.
now regurgitated..so happy ;) )

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Beautiful frosty morning here. Sky at sundown yesterday was that beautiful hue of pale blue and pink. Today’s number is 5.8 so heading in the right direction.

Your ok @PenguinMum ,.... i've got ya back.:)

5.9 coming through here..:D

McGarret plains is breathtaking from here, don't you agree..

What a view, ...what a view indeed.

best of day to you.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4:15 am.

Painted in acrylics this morning.

I spent an hour on this, then I stopped because I would have gone on messing with it.
It needs something else... I have ideas, but I am leaving it as it is, because it a suitable for me to put into photo software and create something using it as a base...which I will probably do at some point...

View attachment 37917

Have a good Sunday...I was going to say Saturday...!!!
Take care...
Have fun...

9a55d8ec-284d-4b52-85de-d2d658676495-jpeg.37917

mmh a dark shadowy creature, perhaps...?

483px-Edvard_Munch%2C_1893%2C_The_Scream%2C_oil%2C_tempera_and_pastel_on_cardboard%2C_91_x_73_cm%2C_National_Gallery_of_Norway.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, late on parade today as the old tumble dryer that I rescued from the siren call of the scrapmen last week was making strange vibrating noises, I soon found which bit needed a swift kick, there's another twenty years in that thing.

5.4 on the dice, happy enough with that.
Have a lovely day all.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

The shopping/lunch trip with Mum for her birthday went pretty well, Mum decided she just wanted a 'normal lunch' so she had a baked jacket potato with coronation chicken and a small side salad :hilarious: and I had the same without the potato (always gets a grin from the waitress when I request that but they're used to me by now ;)), plus Mum picked a fancy strawberry cupcake to take home for tea :p

over to Mum's again for the usual Sunday lunch today so I'd better get my act together :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, first thing I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes for my eye surgery. It seems to have went well, with only a small bleed within the eye. The operation itself was something I don't want to repeat again as it was strange to say the least. It was a lense repositioning that I had done but I managed to get away without the face being paralysed just the eye itself which was fun!! Just a bit sore now and vision in the eye is slowly getting there. On a entertaining note I very nearly had a hypo after the op but managed to treat it before anyone noticed (didn't really fancy a night in hospital) doomy must like me at the moment as a 6 greeted me this morning.
Take care everyone

Reactions: DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Splash sounds good, Jackson Pollock Style? I'm up for it.

@gennepher good piece of art, reminded me of The Dark Hedges in Ireland, be interesting to see what you do with it in the future.

I did a quick sketch yesterday in colour pencils whilst being entertained by Granddaughters at my sons, just did not have time to post it. But here it is.......
View attachment 37918

Used kids pencils which don't blend very well.
Ah! Splash - a bit of Hockney. I painted a copy of it about 20 years ago, it hangs in our downstairs loo and I tell everyone that David H doodled it for me

upload_2020-1-19_11-34-27.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing wrong with a bit of online Bamber Gascoigne amongst the colleges.
Agreed. However, Baron Sheppard of Liverpool, P B H May, E R Dexter and M A Atherton give me a warmer, fuzzier feeling than Strauss and Hussain. Full of admiration for Ruth Strauss foundation though https://ruthstraussfoundation.com/ . Personally, I concede Rob Andrew rather spoils things.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4:15 am.

Painted in acrylics this morning.

I spent an hour on this, then I stopped because I would have gone on messing with it.
It needs something else... I have ideas, but I am leaving it as it is, because it a suitable for me to put into photo software and create something using it as a base...which I will probably do at some point...

View attachment 37917

Have a good Sunday...I was going to say Saturday...!!!
Take care...
Have fun...

Beautiful scene. Thank you for posting it. I would love to walk through that scene. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of cream cheese and pate filled ham rolls and an early morning mug of Sencha Fukujyu Japanese green tea rolled out a 4.4 this a.m.
A very busy day day today trying to persuade my right hip to stop banging on about what is just fair wear and tear; a forced march along beach and the esplanade in search of the Snark (for the Snark was a Boojum you see) might actually make it a bit happier: you can hunt a Snark with thimbles, you may hunt it with forks and hope; you may threaten its life with a railway-share; or charm it with smiles and soap.
Meanwhile, some quick thinking Co-dydramol laced koffy and a bit of dashing about may assuage the protesting joint.

Have a great day if you can., where’s that koffy.

I would gladly lend you my right hip on occasion, if you would be willing to lend me your left hip sometimes.

I have often prowled the aisles of my local grocery store, hunting the Snark with forks and hope, but rarely with success. Hmm ... I believe I have a thimble in a sewing kit, somewhere up on the closet shelf ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Splash sounds good, Jackson Pollock Style? I'm up for it.

@gennepher good piece of art, reminded me of The Dark Hedges in Ireland, be interesting to see what you do with it in the future.

I did a quick sketch yesterday in colour pencils whilst being entertained by Granddaughters at my sons, just did not have time to post it. But here it is.......
View attachment 37918

Used kids pencils which don't blend very well.

I would love to find this at the end of @gennepher's woodland path. So beautiful, and the roofs remind me of the roof of a house near here, that I loved as a child. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, first thing I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes for my eye surgery. It seems to have went well, with only a small bleed within the eye. The operation itself was something I don't want to repeat again as it was strange to say the least. It was a lense repositioning that I had done but I managed to get away without the face being paralysed just the eye itself which was fun!! Just a bit sore now and vision in the eye is slowly getting there. On a entertaining note I very nearly had a hypo after the op but managed to treat it before anyone noticed (didn't really fancy a night in hospital) doomy must like me at the moment as a 6 greeted me this morning.
Take care everyone

I am glad it went well and that you came through it so well. It is good to see you back here. :)