Wrong insulin

tizzy

Hi please could anyone advise I’ve taken tressing in stead of novo rapid I’m talking to 111 tonight in a little while waiting for gp to ring back back but I’d like some help thanks

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi please could anyone advise I’ve taken tressing in stead of novo rapid I’m talking to 111 tonight in a little while waiting for gp to ring back back but I’d like some help thanks
So you have taken your long lasting insulin by mistake? What time do you usually take your long lasting?

tizzy

At 10 o’clock in the morning thanks I’m a bit scared so probably won’t seem with but ok so far

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did the other way round once and took 10 x the amount of novirapid that I should.

Just keep checking your sugar levels on a regular basis and have hypo treatments nearby. I set my alarm overnight and took readings every 2 hours.

With background the risk is lower than fast acting (i had to eat 4 x Crunchie bars) but you might find you need to eat a bit more or drop your fasting acting dose.

Happens to all of us!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
This is good:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/insulin/insulin-overdosage.html
'TREATING AN OVERDOSE OF LONG-ACTING INSULIN
If you have given too high a dose of long-acting insulin, this could affect you for up to 24 hours.

How you prevent a hypo will depend on how big the overdose was. If the overdose was large, such as a double dose, take carbohydrate to raise your sugar levels and call your health team or out-of-hours service for advice.

If the overdose was smaller, such as up to 5 units too much, take more carbohydrate than usual and aim to keep your sugar levels higher than normal over the next 24 hours to prevent a hypo occurring.

Test regularly through the day and at any time you think you may feel hypo.

Take plenty of carbohydrate before sleeping. It is better to wake up with higher sugar levels than risking a hypo overnight. Don’t risk going low. If you cannot be certain that hypos will be avoided, call your health team or out-of-hours service.'

tizzy

Thank you for your reply’s I’m sat in the hospital now feeling stupid we were supposed to be at a party been given a wrist band but no information about what they are going to do