What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3, clouds overhead, sunny sky in the west, 6 degrees out there; around 36.8 - 37.7 in here.
I just read something hilarious:

Take your cat's respiratory rate. Watch your cat breathe when he is relaxed and standing.

I don't think that was written by a cat person, I mean, how often is a relaxed cat standing? And if s/he is relaxed and lying down, and you stand him/her up, how long can you expect this "relaxed" state to continue?

giphy.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3, clouds overhead, sunny sky in the west, 6 degrees out there; around 36.8 - 37.7 in here.
I just read something hilarious:

Take your cat's respiratory rate. Watch your cat breathe when he is relaxed and standing.

I don't think that was written by a cat person, I mean, how often is a relaxed cat standing? And if s/he is relaxed and lying down, and you stand him/her up, how long can you expect this "relaxed" state to continue?

giphy.gif
Good morning to you. I think those gingers have more sense. Your apartment seems very warm. The sun atm is warming the room up nicely and B & D are loving it!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, first thing I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes for my eye surgery. It seems to have went well, with only a small bleed within the eye. The operation itself was something I don't want to repeat again as it was strange to say the least. It was a lense repositioning that I had done but I managed to get away without the face being paralysed just the eye itself which was fun!! Just a bit sore now and vision in the eye is slowly getting there. On a entertaining note I very nearly had a hypo after the op but managed to treat it before anyone noticed (didn't really fancy a night in hospital) doomy must like me at the moment as a 6 greeted me this morning.
Take care everyone
Good to hear John and well done for averting the hypo!

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, late on parade today as the old tumble dryer that I rescued from the siren call of the scrapmen last week was making strange vibrating noises, I soon found which bit needed a swift kick, there's another twenty years in that thing.

5.4 on the dice, happy enough with that.
Have a lovely day all.

leading the way with saving the planet, @trick60 ..way to go mate.:)
lets be rid of inbuilt obsolescence,
should be cheaper AND more healthy for our world if we went back to fixing not scrapping everything once it's a few months old
or the latest model comes out.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, as it is https://center-of-the-plate.com/2020/01/02/did-you-know-january-is-world-carnivore-month/ visits to farm shops for logs require some additions to remain on message. Yes, I know buffalo aren't carnivore kemosabe but me and #transitgate also need veggies and fibre. Also occurs to me that, being born in 1955 and 1954 respectively, me Julie and me are returning to simpler times. Fat on meat, leaf tea, woolen and cotton clothing, clothes horse and heat from fire. I did have an underprivileged early childhood though - no phone, computer, colour TV, wifi, central heating or Alexa. Brutal times. What might have been?:angelic:

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-19_14-51-10.png
    upload_2020-1-19_14-51-10.png
    546.1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to you. I think those gingers have more sense. Your apartment seems very warm. The sun atm is warming the room up nicely and B & D are loving it!

You're right. Those indoor temps I posted do seem high now that I reconsider them. I must've converted them wrong -- I have a weather app that does the outside temp for me! :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, first thing I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes for my eye surgery. It seems to have went well, with only a small bleed within the eye. The operation itself was something I don't want to repeat again as it was strange to say the least. It was a lense repositioning that I had done but I managed to get away without the face being paralysed just the eye itself which was fun!! Just a bit sore now and vision in the eye is slowly getting there. On a entertaining note I very nearly had a hypo after the op but managed to treat it before anyone noticed (didn't really fancy a night in hospital) doomy must like me at the moment as a 6 greeted me this morning.
Take care everyone
So pleased that the op went well. Hopefully your eye will feel less sore very soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up with the larks this morning. If there are any larks listening in, where are you hiding?

The wonder wheel of dark mornings and a wonderfully quiet house came in at 4.8 this a.m.

Just packed Mrs Miggins and her twin sister into a taxi, they are off to Paris for a few days to blow wolf whistles at workers on the building site formally known as Norte Dame. There is also a large Leonardo exhibition at the Louvre and they are hoping to see Vitruvian Man, on loan from Italy.
Blooming hip is still complaining, such a drama queen. Have to keep it moving though so it will probably be a few days more of pill popping.
Have a wonderful day if you can, koffy calls.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning and it's Monday (not that it makes any difference to me). Apparently we are in for a lovely day, -2C at the moment so the moment is set aside for coffee. Have a great week :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm Apparently the customs label was filled out incorrectly and that right hip I attempted to send you was dropped off by mistake at the Lark & Languorous Wildlife Park ...
ed5698fd3208dc9ceb92e536d3d76a3d.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a great weekend including a whole day off posting on any kind of social media...Saturday went by so quickly meeting up with old friends & family at the christening...great food which I took full advantage of no testing yesterday no point...Sunday was a lazy day spent writing thanks U's watching classic films catching up & lounging around...it's freezing here coffee downed then off to get ready must get some logs for the fire & collect prescription...kittens looked after brilliantly by Liv she fed them brushed them & indulged them ...this morning woke to a not surprising 6.6

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad lurgy seems to be under manners. We like Cromer but may need to seek out Suffolk places to be loyal - Southwold is too obvious but seems like an East Anglian Padstow to me. Mildenhall Cricket club (from memory very pretty ground) and Bury St Edmunds RFU seem like 2 places I need to spend time, Don't forget to take the chocky:angelic:
You are moving to a lovely County. We often stay at the Crown and Castle at Orford, (one of our favourite places) and love visiting Dunwich Heath (which is stunning in August when the heather is flowering). Sutton Hoo is another favourite place, as are Aldburgh and Thorpeness.

Flatford Mill is well worth a visit. We have recently discovered the Swan at Lavenham - which has become another of our favourite places. Then there is Ickworth - I could go on and on but am beginning to sound like an employee of the Suffolk Tourist Board.