What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She has so much patience with Dennis and he dotes on her, follows her round like Mary’s lamb.
Sounds like a perfect match for Dennis I love it when the kids kove & respect animals it teaches them so much...perhaps I'll need to send Charlie & Lola down when Liv is not available.

Reactions: trick60 and DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

sorting out a kitchen cupboard today ;)

I'm going to have a 'home' day today and I've been meaning to sort out some of my kitchen bits (so I can open the cupboard without something falling out :hilarious: )

Hope your day treats you well :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good almost afternoon, a 5.8 for me today.

Late because I decided to tackle the horrible fungus growth I discovered under the roof of our garden corner seat. So overhanging Holly cut back fungus roof removed and all tidied up, yuk job. Now I have to decide what to do about replacing the roof which is all strange shapes as it's a corner seat. Blooming copious amounts of rain to blame.

@gennepher love the water and tree again and please keep posting your challenge. I am still keeping up with one a day but may start just posting a few a week and be inspired by your art in between times.

@DJC3 Ouch!

@Krystyna23040 Your tourist information is tempting me to look at campsite in the area for a visit in our VW camper. We are planning a Northern Ireland trip in it for spring, Whitby and Mid Wales and we're looking for some more outings so you have done a good job for the tourist board.

Off now to bleach exposed wood in the hope of stopping further spread of fungus.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist for the compliments.

I will try to.

Keep posting when you can. I like seeing your work.

I am working in the garden today while the sun is out, also repairing and repainting/preserving a wooden arbour...
I just came in for rest and a cuppa...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a perfect match for Dennis I love it when the kids kove & respect animals it teaches them so much...perhaps I'll need to send Charlie & Lola down when Liv is not available.

She’d love it. She was very upset last week as their cat Jesse ( aka Prince of Darkness) was badly injured. His whole lower leg was stripped of skin and flesh: vet thinks he must have got caught in a snare ( there is a lot of farmland round there, so maybe farmers setting rabbit snares?) it was like a scene from a horror film in their living room when they got in, with copious amounts of blood on floor, walls and sofa. Vet was miraculously able to stitch a patchwork of skin together and he’s now under house arrest for 2 weeks. I think he’s finding this harder than the actual injury, he is a very hard dude.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this sunny but freezing morning, -4 degrees outside.

@DJC3 hugs to you and granddaughter and Prince Jesse. I hope your dental appointment goes well. I lost a tooth a couple of weeks ago, now I have a cavern on my upper left side. Thank goodness no pain involved.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
he is a very hard dude.
Bloody awful thing to have happened...thank goodness he managed to get himself home or who knows what could have happened...I'm letting these two out just by the garden door while I'm watching...they have a little sniff about...then I shut the door loudly while knocking on the glass & they come straight back in...they're in training

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished garden, passed my studio door, (a room Mrs MC despairs of :)) saw my paints and could not resist so did a quick winter seascape, A5 watercolour and about 20 mins. Only problem is Sea is running off to the right, tilt your phones and tablets every one.

IMG_2495.JPG

Now you see if I was as tidy as Mrs MC would like, I would not have been able to do this as I would have to first get things out, artists need to be able to create as the mood dictates. :joyful:

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished garden, passed my studio door, (a room Mrs MC despairs of :)) saw my paints and could not resist so did a quick winter seascape, A5 watercolour and about 20 mins. Only problem is Sea is running off to the right, tilt your phones and tablets every one.

View attachment 37952

Now you see if I was as tidy as Mrs MC would like, I would not have been able to do this as I would have to first get things out, artists need to be able to create as the mood dictates. :joyful:

As do writers. And KittenCats do not mind papers and pens lying around, especially if they -- the KittenCats -- can nap on the papers and pounce on the pens. ^. .^

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy, busy till now so catching up. @DJC3 hug for the tooth and hope the dentist can build it up without fleecing you. At the last check up mine made a remark about the gap in my lower teeth widening and he could fix it for £750. I bet he could! Our roof facia needs sorting more.
Sorry to hear about Jesse but glad he was able to be treated, not nice for the girls at all. @HarryBeau hope L&C’s outdoor training goes well and they dont make a bid for freedom...when they figure out Liv is next door there might be a bit of fence hopping. @gennepher I hope I am not selfish but I will never tire of your paintings or @Muddy Cyclist’s either. There is someth8ng really zen about water scenes. @SaskiaKC hug for the tooth problem but glad no pain involved. Cats love pens dont they.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

minus1C here

it was minus 2C yesterday

the cold makes me sleepy and not want to paint...or do anything

so yesterday I was nibbling food all day right up to bedtime. It was all protein and nuts, but two sultana biscuits crept to my coffee mug...

I just ate more of my usual food. Probably double! And it doesn't appear to have affected my blood sugars. I can tell I am in nibble mood again today...mixed nuts and coffee at the moment...

Here is my painting for today in my daily painting challenge to myself.

View attachment 37941

Brushes I used are at the side.
Acrylics. A4 size. Took an hour.

Just going to put my heated eye mask on, and go 'under' for an hour until the sun wakes up...

Have a good Monday
Hugs if you need them
Take care...

I would like to canoe down that stream to @Muddy Cyclist 's seashore.

41991cc3c8c76958bd23386a5e007756.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 37952

Artists need everything left out all the time @Muddy Cyclist
Tidiness doesn't come into it...
Tilting my tablet to get the water back into the deep sea....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloody awful thing to have happened...thank goodness he managed to get himself home or who knows what could have happened...I'm letting these two out just by the garden door while I'm watching...they have a little sniff about...then I shut the door loudly while knocking on the glass & they come straight back in...they're in training

Yes we thought the same about him getting home.
I’m glad your two are taking to their training so well, must be an anxious time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 this sunny but freezing morning, -4 degrees outside.

@DJC3 hugs to you and granddaughter and Prince Jesse. I hope your dental appointment goes well. I lost a tooth a couple of weeks ago, now I have a cavern on my upper left side. Thank goodness no pain involved.

Thanks for hugs - I will pass them on ( but not to Jesse who is eschewing all tactile offers of sympathy at the mo, preferring to remain aloof and glare at everyone, can’t say I blame him)
Tooth fixed now and I’m £110 out of pocket and with a lopsided face. To be fair I would have paid whatever it cost though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 37952

Love it, phone tilted or not.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for hugs - I will pass them on ( but not to Jesse who is eschewing all tactile offers of sympathy at the mo, preferring to remain aloof and glare at everyone, can’t say I blame him)
Tooth fixed now and I’m £110 out of pocket and with a lopsided face. To be fair I would have paid whatever it cost though.

What did the dentist do to fix your tooth? I have a nub left of mine, but it isn't sharp so it isn't cutting my tongue ...

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What did the dentist do to fix your tooth? I have a nub left of mine, but it isn't sharp so it isn't cutting my tongue ...

He moulded a new lump where the broken off bit was. Feels a bit odd but I think I’ll get used to it. He said there wasn’t actually much tooth left anyway, it had such a big filling in. Are you just going to leave yours for now?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He moulded a new lump where the broken off bit was. Feels a bit odd but I think I’ll get used to it. He said there wasn’t actually much tooth left anyway, it had such a big filling in. Are you just going to leave yours for now?

Yes. It doesn't hurt. I'm just disappointed to think that all the "healthful" nuts I've been eating may have broken it.
But maybe they didn't. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3