What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.
Still following the DD Lose Weight for Good plan. I don’t really need to lose weight but wanted to reset myBG levels which have been a bit high for a few weeks . Seems to be working well. I’ve lost a few pounds too but that’s fine for now, I’ll just adjust if it carries on.
B: black coffee x2
L: Tuna salad ( DD Keto tuna plate)
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/italian-keto-chicken-stew-with-cabbage-pasta another thumbs up from the family for this.

@Goonergal the lamb ribs sound good. I’m heading over to the carni thread now to have a ‘butchers’ ( lol)
@Chook I do hope you’re not pressured into insulin again if you don’t want it and if you are feeling fit and well. Certainly your bg levels look fine now. Fingers crossed for you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook good luck with the bloods tomo. Your recent bg levels would have made me very happy. I have never been a “smoothie person” and the green one does sound challenging so well done on that too. I think Mr C’s suggestion sounds good with perhaps a shot of vodka ;).
@Annb I dont think you should beat yourself up about your bg levels because you have constant pain, are on meds and make the most heroic efforts to eat carefully. Thats not to even mention how much you do to help others notwithstanding your mobility challenges so you very particularly inspire me.
Today I am eating:
Usual breakfast.
Lunch: small plate lettuce, emmenthal and spoon of cheesy coleslaw.
Supper: cheese & tomato omelette so should be within 20g carbs today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Today's food: B was bulletproof tea; more tea later in the morning; L= a mongrel latte (230 mls almond milk, 20 mls lacto free , 30 mls dbl cream); Eve= Chicken and avocado salad with chia seeds and flaxseeds. @Chook salad looks very much like your smoothie - spinach, rocket, celery, cucumber (no peel) plenty ACV (+ EVOO and dijon) - I wouldn't add the avocado, scallions or radish EVO & dijon. With basil should be fine but unlikely to aid transit much without the seeds. May have some chocolate soon . 1 row of Green and Blacks velvet edition sea salt (takes longer to type than eat).

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Today's food: B was bulletproof tea; more tea later in the morning; L= a mongrel latte (230 mls almond milk, 20 mls lacto free , 30 mls dbl cream); Eve= Chicken and avocado salad with chia seeds and flaxseeds. @Chook salad looks very much like your smoothie - spinach, rocket, celery, cucumber (no peel) plenty ACV - I wouldn't add the avocado, scallions or radish. With basil should be fine but unlikely to aid transit much without the seeds. May have some chocolate soon . 1 row of Green and Blacks velvet edition sea salt ( takes longer to type than eat)
So glad you are back in the fold. :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook good luck with those bloods crossing fingers and toes for you.
Couldn’t do the smoothie or blended veg mix never liked them - I can’t bear the texture much prefer range of tastes and textures in a meal!
Breakfast kipper ( first for years!) delicious had with butter and half a chaffle will have again but must say that it’s a very smelly fish and the bin had to be emptied straight away!
Lunch celery sticks and cheese with some walnuts. A few squares of 100% montezumas almond choc with coffee
Dinner frittata with mushrooms, pancetta and cheese served with salad - mix of avocado, walnuts, celery and lettuce with lemon Mayo. Pudding lc lemon mousse and yoghurt.
Lots of walks today in the cold crisp weather - very enjoyable but felt much hungrier than usual.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chook good luck with those bloods crossing fingers and toes for you.
Couldn’t do the smoothie or blended veg mix never liked them - I can’t bear the texture much prefer range of tastes and textures in a meal!
Breakfast kipper ( first for years!) delicious had with butter and half a chaffle will have again but must say that it’s a very smelly fish and the bin had to be emptied straight away!
Lunch celery sticks and cheese with some walnuts. A few squares of 100% montezumas almond choc with coffee
Dinner frittata with mushrooms, pancetta and cheese served with salad - mix of avocado, walnuts, celery and lettuce with lemon Mayo. Pudding lc lemon mousse and yoghurt.
Lots of walks today in the cold crisp weather - very enjoyable but felt much hungrier than usual.
Indeed I find all fish smelly, I used to eat a lot of sardines and tuna, and had to empty the bin right away. So glad I don't eat fish anymore, the smell is the worst part.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, I love kippers. You reminded me I have some of the delicious M&S Arbroath ones in the freezer.
Mmm m and s kippers sound good. These were Waitrose and really good value compared to other fish. Will deal with the smell - worth it for the flavour I love fish.

Reactions: Chook

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: gingerbread Carb Killa bar with a black coffee
Dinner: carbonara made with Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

B: bone broth and a small lc hot choc. Am finding this is a superb breakfast. BB first, with collagen and a little Bovril, then 150mls of hot chocolate made with real chocolate, hot water, double cream and erythritol. Astonishingly fortifying.
L: prawns in brinjal pickle cream
D: carni pizza (homemade using a dietdoc recipe)

definitely an eating day! And delicious from start to finish.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today Monday : public holiday so no work

FPG 98 = 5.5

Breakfast : an egg , 3 mushrooms, a few cherry tomato , black coffee

Went to mall to buy bf his valentine gift. Got him a very nice formal suit from Ralph Lauren. He will be even more handsome in it <3

Lunch : a ham and Swiss cheese croissant at mall with black coffee . Sent BG briefly to 140 = 77

Walked a lot , bought a few other gifts for other ppl ( I buy my gifts when there is a discount) but nothing for me after the boots yesterday . Now off to grocery shopping.

Dinner : will have sausage and salad early then a movie . Must wake up early tomorrow for work .

Ok Edit : no sausage for dinner . I had salmon and vegetables . I just realized I enjoy salmon again ( was off it for a month or two ). Keto Chocolate and keto ***** bears for dessert . Yum

Last edited:

Winnie-the-Pooh

I am technically an insulin dependent T2 - well, thats what my doctor says - he's not convinced that low carb /keto will work long term for me. Plus I have changed to vegetarian in the last few months and in December/January i had to stay with relatives who couldn't cater for my keto / vegetarian / gluten free diet so my BG went up to mid to high teens for a few weeks. The low numbers I'm having now are very recent.

I might be told to go back to injecting insulin but i won't unless i get a lot worse - it makes me feel dreadful and i put on a lot of weight with it.

If your BG is this good , this means that you are producing a good amount of insulin, in my lay opinion . So maybe getting a second Endocrinologist opinion would help to put your mind at ease ?

At any case , I wish you all the best with your test results and cross my fingers !

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 21/01/20
Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 171g non fat yoghurt, 20g protein peanut butter, 73g frozen blueberries. 4 white coffee's with 80ml of milk split between them

Lunch: Two white corn tortillas, 50g hummus, 101g capsicum, 90g tomato, 45g dill pickle, 33g sauerkraut. One white coffee with 20ml of milk at 10.30

Dinner: 150g boiled cauliflower, 40g reduced fat cheese, 2 XL eggs, 116g tempeh (oven baked).

NitinHP

Just had my most delicious meal, during my journey.

2 eggs, a little bit of onion, a finely chopped single slice of pickled jalapeno, a chunk of cheese, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and a small piece of chicken finely chopped.

Was supposed to be an omelette, but ended up as a scrambled omelette.

Very, very tasty

Had a pint of water already, so another coffee with a drop of f f milf, will do the job, until I go for a walk. The sun is shining and there is frost on the ground. Vitamin d boost, as I have a deficiency. Reminded me to take my multi vit.

Happy Tuesday

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday - bed 5 FBG 4.9. Week 3 of the latest DD plan underway. This week there is no breakfast until Saturday and a lot of avocado by the look of it. They do have lunch and dinner every day but for the most part lunch looks light enough not to interfere with dinner.
B. Just TAG.
L. a light Italian plate - prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato and olives. I added half a small avocado.
D. Was supposed to be LC chicken nuggets but, since I still had stroganoff, it be came stroganoff and cauliflower rice.

I've lost another 2lbs as well so, 5lbs in the first 2 weeks. It's more than I was expecting since I've been keto for a long, long time. I guess getting back to my classes and cutting out most of my nibbles helps (nuts, square of dark chocolate, berries etc all on the back burner for now). I also think the way they are mixing up the food consumption schedule helps. Must be confusing the body.

Reactions: Quinn1066 and Annb