Type 1'stars R Us

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
im not suicidal just had enough cant wait for my appointment to get the ball rolling my friends and family have already noticed i seem to be a bit more upbeat lol i know i dont sound it its just one of those days just took 24 units of levemir and 6 units off novorapid i will come down !!

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My question tonight is: Is it worth spending £60 on two pairs of lady underwear with insulin pump pockets? Organic cotton and very high quality apparently.

Reactions: chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Chris, sending you a hug! I know diabetes is an everyday struggle, but right now you really need the support from your diabetes team, GP and someone who you can talk too.
i need to tell my dsn my feelings but how do i do that its easy telling you guys some of how i feel (you guys are not right in front me) but i dont like being weak or needy iv been asked by previous nurses how am i coping mentally i just tell them im fine im afraid ill open up and cry im a very emotional empathetic guy oh and shy

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i need to tell my dsn my feelings but how do i do that its easy telling you guys some of how i feel (you guys are not right in front me) but i dont like being weak or needy iv been asked by previous nurses how am i coping mentally i just tell them im fine im afraid ill open up and cry im a very emotional empathetic guy oh and shy
You can first research on some of the diabetes technology, make a list on what you want to talk about and include the things you are having difficulties with. Also bring your BG book to show your levels. It’ll be a well researched structured discussion.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nurses are always there to help, they don’t judge you and they will do anything to help you with diabetes management.
i know but when i was in hospital i wanted to get out i didn't remember i was there mainly for dka not the flu and pneumonia i was a bit rude to her my head was all over the place now im back to myself i know she was trying to help me but i just kind of pushed her away

Justin04

Gday Chris85. Many years ago I had a bit of drama a few times with blood sugars way out of control. Normally pretty good but went haywire. I wondered if I was becoming insulin resistant as I was having huge doses of insulin and even not eating anything sometimes to see no change in bloods at all. Found an article somewhere on the web and it was from an old bloke that said bring your sugar down in small doses. As insulin is a hormone, having huge doses close together makes the body resist it as a fail safe from overdosing. Not sure how much truth is in it but when I went from correction bolusing 15 units to working it out properly any using 4-5 units, it came back into range a lot quicker. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Worst case scenario? You're stuck in a traffic queue on the motorway, in a car with auto-engine-off and with falling blood sugar levels.

The device stops your starter motor from working and you're sitting in the middle lane unable to get to safety?

What happens next?

Good point. If you drive "lean? " forget it.

My wife has such a car... The function freaks us both out at lights. Between you & me?
I turn all that "stuff" off including traction control. & put it in sport mode.. (It all comes on by default when starting up at the push of a button..)b
Lol, her battery cost nearly 4 times dearer than mine "cuz" it deals with that "start/stop" Eco stuff.. Modern cars? I can't see any way to "pimp" them.
It seems to be "monopolised" by the manufacture's "spec?" I don't see any personalised individuality anymore? (Tasteful or otherwise....)

I'm probably thinking (narrow mindedly.) the sort of wagon (like my 02 plate.) you don't need to wrestle a load of "Tupperware" to get at the "basics." Which needs a computer programmer & a flow chart to diagnose faults with? (In later vehicles.) My Jap import has plenty of room under the dash... (A slowly dying art?)

The home service on the drive is becoming redundant... Back to the dealer for the tune up..

My neighbour owns a Merc. Some dude shows up un a clean white coat to take it away, leaving behind a courtesy car from "Total recal." for a service (lovely guy.) whilst I'm up to my elbows in dirt with my old Mazda.

how do i mention someone without quoting them ?

Hi,

Put an "@" before the member name like @chris85 type 1 , then leave a space before writing ... You may see a drop down menu of similar named members? Choose the relivant one. It will come up as a link to profile & tag in...

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gday Chris85. Many years ago I had a bit of drama a few times with blood sugars way out of control. Normally pretty good but went haywire. I wondered if I was becoming insulin resistant as I was having huge doses of insulin and even not eating anything sometimes to see no change in bloods at all. Found an article somewhere on the web and it was from an old bloke that said bring your sugar down in small doses. As insulin is a hormone, having huge doses close together makes the body resist it as a fail safe from overdosing. Not sure how much truth is in it but when I went from correction bolusing 15 units to working it out properly any using 4-5 units, it came back into range a lot quicker. Hope this helps. Cheers.
thing i can almost grantee i have taken to much tonight its always 20 units of levemir and maybe a correction dose of novorpid at 8 or 9 pm well tonight i took a correction dose of 6 at 8 then another at 11 of 8 units and 24 units of levemir i will hypo tonight and nobody will hear me

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Look back on this thread to find the page and post number you started this conversation with and make a note of it. When you see your dsn, look it upand tell her you find it difficult to explain how you feel and ask her to take her time reading trough the last couple of pages.
Should you end up crying, doesn't matter, she's a HCP and can't tell anyone :)

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
this was me an hour before i took my profile pic what a state

Attachments

• IMAG1111.jpg
    IMAG1111.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 247

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Look back on this thread to find the page and post number you started this conversation with and make a note of it. When you see your dsn, look it upand tell her you find it difficult to explain how you feel and ask her to take her time reading trough the last couple of pages.
Should you end up crying, doesn't matter, she's a HCP and can't tell anyone :)
your still awake must be nearly half 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The Dutch are just an hour ahead. I've done gigs in the Netherlands, no big "jet lag."
Check your watch. Being an hour ahead means that indeed it's past half 2. In Dutch, that is :D
We name the hour that's on its way with the half hours, not the hour that has been, like you do.