What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Winnie-the-Pooh

She’d love it. She was very upset last week as their cat Jesse ( aka Prince of Darkness) was badly injured. His whole lower leg was stripped of skin and flesh: vet thinks he must have got caught in a snare ( there is a lot of farmland round there, so maybe farmers setting rabbit snares?) it was like a scene from a horror film in their living room when they got in, with copious amounts of blood on floor, walls and sofa. Vet was miraculously able to stitch a patchwork of skin together and he’s now under house arrest for 2 weeks. I think he’s finding this harder than the actual injury, he is a very hard dude.

Awww my heart aches for your cat . I’m glad he is ok . My sister has a cat and she was sick due to painful lady cat problems , I nearly died from sadness but she is ok now after a surgery. I just sat there and meow-ed with her.

Send him lots of meow from me . He is a brave cat. He might enjoy a new calming cat toy . Also there are some scents you can get and it makes cats happy

I got my sister’s cat a shirt that said : eat , sleep , poop , repeat
Cats are angels walking among us.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.2 this morning , up and wide awake wondering why I can not sleep, when feeling so tired...weird never had any trouble with sleeping but happens now and again then am shattered all day ....

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 6.0 on the testing dice marks a departure from the plains of McGarrett, must have been the Ruby Murray for tea.
@SaskiaKC don't forget to make a paddle for that canoe, if you don't you'll be up a certain creek that's for sure, I suppose you could always use the axe as a paddle might come in handy if there's any gators :woot:.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 6.0 on the testing dice marks a departure from the plains of McGarrett, must have been the Ruby Murray for tea.
@SaskiaKC don't forget to make a paddle for that canoe, if you don't you'll be up a certain creek that's for sure, I suppose you could always use the axe as a paddle might come in handy if there's any gators :woot:.

Actually I thought I would ask you to rig up an outboard motor for it. ;)

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning , up and wide awake wondering why I can not sleep, when feeling so tired...weird never had any trouble with sleeping but happens now and again then am shattered all day ....

Sometimes if I can't get sleepy at night I take one acetaminophen tablet. It puts me to sleep and doesn't leave me hungover the next morning. I just don't like to take one every night, because like any pain pill it will "back me up" eventually! :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning peeps it’s 5.55 am and I’ve suddenly woken up. Checked on my little randomiser machine and it reads 3.3..... I’ve not had a hypo for ages... I’ve had a few mornings at 3.8 but I usually feel ok until I go below 3.5. So bizarrely ever since I have halved my gliclazide ( I now take one in the morning and one at night ) my blood sugars seem lower... it’s all very bizarre... I’ll do an every 2 hours of checking day I think... I’m actively trying to reduce my carb intake along with intermittent fasting but this is weird

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I m sympathising massively as it’s just happened to me too.. but I’ve done a blood sugars check and I’m languishing at 3.3 hugs to you

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.3 for me. Happy this morning as I’ve woken a bit earlier than usual so I have time for a coffee in bed before I need to take Dennis out.
Hope you aren’t too tired the rest of the day @PatsyB
Was your Ruby last night a takeaway @trick60 ? I really miss those, the only place near us now has started to make everything sweet. I’ve no idea why but I’ve had one or 2 surprises there after previously safe dishes so I’m wary about getting it again.
@SaskiaKC I suppose those ‘healthful’ nuts may have had a say in your tooth breaking I think my teeth are just getting generally weak and past their best sadly. I’ve a horrible feeling there might be more dentist visits in the near future.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I attempted to take a picture of the silver birch tree in our garden every day but I’m not sure why I didn’t keep it up

That is a lovely idea. I think it's great. Birch trees are beautiful trees.
The bark on birch trees is interesting. I like painting birch trees :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.7 for me today - another Gloucester Old Spot which no amount of lipstick will disguise. There can't be many roads not taken by me in the T2 forest. They all seem to leave me lost and confused. For now I need to be like my relative Mr Percy Fear on this bumpy track. @DJC3 great number and good news the dentist fixed the tooth. Seems cheap compared to a similar process I will have next week. Interesting day today to start a fortnight or so of non T2 related events. Hindsight will be needed to distinguish twixt progress and change. How much continuity is the elephant in the room. It appealed to my sense of humour that today's readings were the story of Noah and Matthew 24.15-28. Have a great day - yours has started well @karen8967 . @trick60 at least your tale sparked a conversation with djc3.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. The lurgy is definitely almost gone but I wonder why the body likes to run with higher blood sugars when it is fighting stuff. Could it be beneficial or is it just that illness messes up the body's ability to control BS.

@Muddy Cyclist your planned trips this year sound great. Glad I was of assistance in my role as ambassador for the Suffolk Tourist Board.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.3 at 4:30 am

I was nibbling food again yesterday....
I tend to nibble when I am slightly stressed working stuff out, paperwork and stuff.
So maybe nibbling is the reason for fbg rise?
It will be end of week before I have sorted this stuff....

Anyway my painting a day challenge to myself...
My this morning offering....

Acrylics in A4 pad...

8F081808-C247-4A9E-AB5A-F92E893B57D4.jpeg

Have fun today.
Hugs for those who fancy some hugs...
Take care

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher your painting today reminds me of a scene from the Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. I can just imagine a faun trotting out from behind the fir tree.
You may be right about the snacking and higher bg levels, I find the same thing, definitely better control when I stick to meals with nothing in between.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.7 for me today - another Gloucester Old Spot which no amount of lipstick will disguise. There can't be many roads not taken by me in the T2 forest. They all seem to leave me lost and confused. For now I need to be like my relative Mr Percy Fear on this bumpy track. @DJC3 great number and good news the dentist fixed the tooth. Seems cheap compared to a similar process I will have next week. Interesting day today to start a fortnight or so of non T2 related events. Hindsight will be needed to distinguish twixt progress and change. How much continuity is the elephant in the room. It appealed to my sense of humour that today's readings were the story of Noah and Matthew 24.15-28. Have a great day - yours has started well @karen8967 . @trick60 at least your tale sparked a conversation with djc3.

Hope the next two weeks go well. Does the process involve your moving date? I seem to remember you saying it was towards the end of Jan.

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 and I am trying very hard not to be cross about or it will be worse.
The last two days I have made sure to stay within 20g carbs. The only question is the tub of Codefree strips I started last week. The expiry date says 20.11.1 which I read as Nov 1. I still have another of the same batch so no point in trying that. But maybe I am grasping at straws. I am not unwell or tired. Maybe the day of reckoning my endo warned about is coming.
@gennepher thanks for the wonderful wintry scene.
Have a good Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the next two weeks go well. Does the process involve your moving date? I seem to remember you saying it was towards the end of Jan.
Should involve the moving date but our solicitor and ,it transpires, the old family one aren't helping to speed this process by failing to do basic things in a timely manner. Provisional moving date still Jan 31. Today is more pivotal to me and important to navigating the poo show that has been my diet and exercise regime since Dec 5th. @PenguinMum hugs for the fbg and praise for stoicism.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A very quick good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
I have a long way to go, places to see and people to annoy today.
A 5.3 this morning.

Well folks enjoy today, remember it's pre bin day.
I must get my posterior in motion, no not that sort of motion!