What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New Good morning all. 5.7 for me today - another Gloucester Old Spot which no amount of lipstick will disguise. There can't be many roads not taken by me in the T2 forest. They all seem to leave me lost and confused.
That is a puzzle - I think that you need someone like Albert Einstein to work out what is happening.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a puzzle - I think that you need someone like Albert Einstein to work out what is happening.
Thanks but probably much more simple. I recognise and am delighted that yourself and others have put T2 into remission. I also recognise a man has run a sub 2 hour marathon. Strangely, I have never tried to emulate the latter nor do I waste time trying.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your painting today reminds me of a scene from the Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. I can just imagine a faun trotting out from behind the fir tree.
You may be right about the snacking and higher bg levels, I find the same thing, definitely better control when I stick to meals with nothing in between.

I am not sure I can paint fauns @DJC3
:)
Thanks for the compliment.

I seem to be better, like you say with periods of no food. And especially with at least a 14 hour window of no food...between last meal and breakfast. Preferably 16 to 18 window with no food each day for lower blood sugar levels.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonder world of sparkling frost and the tantalising peep show of a promised blue sky.g

The wonder wheel of misrepresentation and the law of surprise came in at 4.7 this a.m.

Trains, planes and automobiles yesterday, in no particular order to get down to England, smog mask to hand, in order to ferret out alternative sustenance for a Fat Duck and a Donkey that brays.

@PenguinMum - no idea why my hip is playing up - not happened before so a whole new experience and a good excuse to say to Mrs Miggins, “walk this way”.

Again, wonderful art by @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist.

Big hugs for all those still out there, blindfolded, batting for team T2. Koffy calls as does the prospect of an interesting day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonder world of sparkling frost and the tantalising peep show of a promised blue sky.g

The wonder wheel of misrepresentation and the law of surprise came in at 4.7 this a.m.

Trains, planes and automobiles yesterday, in no particular order to get down to England, smog mask to hand, in order to ferret out alternative sustenance for a Fat Duck and a Donkey that brays.

@PenguinMum - no idea why my hip is playing up - not happened before so a whole new experience and a good excuse to say to Mrs Miggins, “walk this way”.

Again, wonderful art by @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist.

Big hugs for all those still out there, blindfolded, batting for team T2. Koffy calls as does the prospect of an interesting day.
You are on a roll with the fbgs. Is that a cryptic Heston B reference hidden in there? Hope the hip problem soon disappears and doesn't cramp your style too much in the interim. Enjoyed the cricketing reference but, hopefully, more bad light than blindfold or Vitae Lampada

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Should involve the moving date but our solicitor and ,it transpires, the old family one aren't helping to speed this process by failing to do basic things in a timely manner. Provisional moving date still Jan 31. Today is more pivotal to me and important to navigating the poo show that has been my diet and exercise regime since Dec 5th. @PenguinMum hugs for the fbg and praise for stoicism.

Good luck with all of that.

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning and no excuse for posting late beyond that I can. The rumour that I was so engrossed in another forum that I forgot to be here on time is...

Anyway, I'm here now, enjoy the day :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

nice and mild again this morning but not so bright looking, Not so many layers required :D

Yesterday we had a pottering morning as planned then a nice walk around the village in the sunshine :)

then we decided that since it was mild and not raining we'd go and have a go at clearing the mud from the side of Mum's drive entry and clearing out the road type drain the council put in after they raised the road level outside. :sorry:

mr gee took this just after New Year, which is nicely illustrative of the sometime difficulties of Katy photography, she took a great liking to my camera, but not in sitting still whilst I used it :hilarious:

upload_2020-1-21_9-37-39.jpeg

Hope your day treats you well :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 and I am trying very hard not to be cross about or it will be worse.
The last two days I have made sure to stay within 20g carbs. The only question is the tub of Codefree strips I started last week. The expiry date says 20.11.1 which I read as Nov 1. I still have another of the same batch so no point in trying that. But maybe I am grasping at straws. I am not unwell or tired. Maybe the day of reckoning my endo warned about is coming.
@gennepher thanks for the wonderful wintry scene.
Have a good Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.

Hugs for the inexplicable fbg. Who knows why it’s decided to taunt you like this? I changed from Codefree about a year ago. I now use the Tee2 and I find it a lot more reliable. ( I got the meter free when I phoned them up to set up an account for ordering strips 0800 881 5423) they are very slightly more expensive than the Codefree but I think quite a few people changed away from Codefree because the readings were often unreliable and higher than expected.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and another high 6.2, the reason is most likely late night snacks of cheese, must find more self control.

Back into garden today Mrs MC thinks our old faithfull corner seat must go, so demolition time today, another Muddy Cycle ride missed :banghead:

@gennepher a fine moonlit scene, bought back memories of Muddy Cycle rides I used to do in the dark on Cannock Chase, sadly no longer as my night vision is not what it used to be.

Make the most of your day especially as daylight is now noticeably longer.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is a lovely idea. I think it's great. Birch trees are beautiful trees.
The bark on birch trees is interesting. I like painting birch trees :)

and @Goacher55 I was going to post a birch bark canoe yesterday but decided the dugout would be more regionally representative as there aren't any birch trees around here. We used to have silver maples in our front yard ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning. The lurgy is definitely almost gone but I wonder why the body likes to run with higher blood sugars when it is fighting stuff. Could it be beneficial or is it just that illness messes up the body's ability to control BS.

@Muddy Cyclist your planned trips this year sound great. Glad I was of assistance in my role as ambassador for the Suffolk Tourist Board.

My guess is that the body is equipping itself with energy for the fight, or for a hasty retreat from the stuff.

And apparently I am still missing some posts ... :(

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the inexplicable fbg. Who knows why it’s decided to taunt you like this? I changed from Codefree about a year ago. I now use the Tee2 and I find it a lot more reliable. ( I got the meter free when I phoned them up to set up an account for ordering strips 0800 881 5423) they are very slightly more expensive than the Codefree but I think quite a few people changed away from Codefree because the readings were often unreliable and higher than expected.
Thanks for that. I used to say that I didnt mind Codefree reading a bit higher because I got a better A1c than expected. Now I am not so sure. I will continue for now while trying to rein in my food and if things dont improve then I will get a Tee2. I hate wasting the strips! I am not snacking atm and too scared to go near the peanut butter jar which is not a bad thing lol. How is Jesse doing? Hope Dennis is not getting into any more trouble, Bless him!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A sharply angular 7 on a morning of clouds and -3 degrees (I see now that it has warmed up one degree out there, so now -2). It always interests me when it is colder here than in London -- and today I see that Inverness is warmer than both! I have vague memories of meteorology lessons mixed with the geography ones at school -- sort of like sleet mixed with rain, or snow -- but it can't have been the Gulf Stream, can it?

Oh, well, I can still quote Kipling, and Polonius, so I haven't forgotten everything ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.5 today

nice and mild again this morning but not so bright looking, Not so many layers required :D

Yesterday we had a pottering morning as planned then a nice walk around the village in the sunshine :)

then we decided that since it was mild and not raining we'd go and have a go at clearing the mud from the side of Mum's drive entry and clearing out the road type drain the council put in after they raised the road level outside. :sorry:

mr gee took this just after New Year, which is nicely illustrative of the sometime difficulties of Katy photography, she took a great liking to my camera, but not in sitting still whilst I used it :hilarious:

View attachment 37980

Hope your day treats you well :)

Awww .... ! :) That is such a sweet picture! And the Christmas cards in the background make it even cosier.

Reactions: ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A sharply angular 7 on a morning of clouds and -3 degrees (I see now that it has warmed up one degree out there, so now -2). It always interests me when it is colder here than in London -- and today I see that Inverness is warmer than both! I have vague memories of meteorology lessons mixed with the geography ones at school -- sort of like sleet mixed with rain, or snow -- but it can't have been the Gulf Stream, can it?

Oh, well, I can still quote Kipling, and Polonius, so I haven't forgotten everything ...
-5 here last night but we are in the countryside got as high as 4.5 niddle of day and dropping fast now as the sun sinks. Just pulled the rug down and two cats have pounced! Stay warm you and the KC