Type 1'stars R Us

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well late lunch bg down to 4.4 36g of carbs 13 units of novosluggish thanks for that new name @LooperCat
quick update after food which was more like 75g of carbs and 13 units of bolus by 16:10 i was down to 3.9mmo/ls looks like i could maybe cut down my bolus dose if i take two basal doses 12 hours apart.
think im going to bring it back an hour a day from 22:00 to 20:00 to make it easier to remember

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I ate 3 biscuits today. The first in 3 years. (This may give you some sad insight into how strict my regime tends to be.) No fruit or dexter tablets nearby at work and I didn't feel like legging it back to the office. The biscuits appear to have done the trick and were super.

Last edited:
Reactions: becca59 and hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all!

Reporting in before vanishing to have a Big Think. Yeah, work was that good today, I'm seriously considering a change beyond the world of education.

Still, I may feel better after food, another walk, a hot bath and more sleep... a rare night-time hypo didn't help last night's slumbers.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @Marieba @Hopeful34

@Hopeful34 I get pain sometimes now from insertion of my Omnipod, and I never did before. I'm going to try to remember to start using a oil blend on my stomach in case it's a scar tissue issue. But years ago I also had some fat inflammation issues in a couple of spots so hopefully it's not that.

But what I do because it's a little unpleasant is I scratch my skin fairly hard with my little finger as I'm inserting and it's distracting you aren't focused on it and then you don't really feel it as much.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Marie 2. Some of them are ok, just seem to be having a run of painful ones from certain lot numbers. Roche replaced one lot number for me, and the new ones seemed better, but new box and same issue. Will try your suggestion thanks. Also have fibromyalgia though, so my body remembers pain for longer than it did when I was young.

Reactions: chris85 type 1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My mummy has overfed me and I’m actually happy about it Mum: would you like ramen? My tummy: no more please. Me: YASSSSSSSSSS PLS

Reactions: Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Hopeful34 They actually have done research on fybromyalgia and pain. A year later with a pin test and people with fibromyalgia actually were still sore at the same test spots versus others who weren't.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
quick update after food which was more like 75g of carbs and 13 units of bolus by 16:10 i was down to 3.9mmo/ls looks like i could maybe cut down my bolus dose if i take two basal doses 12 hours apart.
think im going to bring it back an hour a day from 22:00 to 20:00 to make it easier to remember
Good morning everyone here is another update that i want to say THANK YOU ALL for.
My BG was at 6.5mmo/l before i went to bed then during the night 5.1mmo/l and when i got up 7.7mmo/l that's the best night i have had in a long long time think i actually got some good sleep

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re the Libre sensor shortage. Partha Kar put a twitter post up to say it should be sorted in the next fortnight I believe.

Reactions: Leeannea

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good morning everyone here is another update that i want to say THANK YOU ALL for.
My BG was at 6.5mmo/l before i went to bed then during the night 5.1mmo/l and when i got up 7.7mmo/l that's the best night i have had in a long long time think i actually got some good sleep
That’s awesome mate! Sleep makes such a difference to your insulin sensitivity - if I have a rubbish night’s sleep I need to up my insulin by 10-20% the next day. Are you trying the split Levemir today?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I've been steadily in range since about mid morning yesterday - no post lunch 'hump', tea/dinner/supper the same, and no evening dog walk crash either (although I did have to 'work' at that ;))

Just need to get my breakfast pre-bolus timing sorted - have a feeling 15-20mins is too early and 5-10mins is too late! Timing is critical........who'd have thought that :rolleyes:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ all, nearly topped up the caffeine tank enough to get my brain up and running. Who else is a shameless addict? I’d find life without coffee, and tea, a tad difficult.