Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Fairygodmother I love my tea, I have the biggest mug in the office :hungry: !!

Bad start today, woke at 10.4 did correction and stopped at shops on the way to work and went hypo, dealing with a fair amount of work stress at the moment which has my head whirring so thinking it's related to that, Pump clinic this afternoon to get a brand spanking new one as the 4 year warranty has just run out, was hoping they'd give me the 670g but I think it's just a straight 640g swap today.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
A 670 would be wonderful, fingers crossed and teabags out for you @Juicyj. Here’s hoping.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mornin’ all, nearly topped up the caffeine tank enough to get my brain up and running. Who else is a shameless addict? I’d find life without coffee, and tea, a tad difficult.

Not me, cuppa tea in the morning with breakfast, another when I get home from work and thats about it, I'll have a coffee mid morning at weekends usually. I don't need any other stimulus other than insulin! :D

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning.
Set change last night, BGs were perfect all night (hovering around 9). Had breakfast and am now on 16.7 BUT a southerly facing arrow, insulin is taking an age to work! Today Fiasp is slower than NovoSluggish

@slip I average around 8 cups of tea a day
@chris85 type 1 woohoo well done mate. Good to see you are getting a reign on things

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mornin’ all, nearly topped up the caffeine tank enough to get my brain up and running. Who else is a shameless addict? I’d find life without coffee, and tea, a tad difficult.
I used to run on coffee and insulin now less coffee but no way could i stop drinking it

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cup of tea for me first thing then coffee by the troves all day although i dont drink any tea/coffee after 6.30pm or i cant sleep :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Bet it’s not as big as mine. This baby holds two pints :D

11C4C2D1-90D7-4E8E-8EBC-2B9210184397.jpeg

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
four hours after eating BG at 8.9 these are the lowest most consistent readings i have had in two weeks :):):)

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Hopeful34 They actually have done research on fybromyalgia and pain. A year later with a pin test and people with fibromyalgia actually were still sore at the same test spots versus others who weren't.
Yes, it doesn't make it easy having diabetes when we have to stab ourselves so often. So thankful when I got Libre though, certainly cuts down on the finger pricks, although having used it for a while my arms are now very sore. Thanks to LooperCat I now use my chest as well, which helps :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Bad start today, woke at 10.4 did correction and stopped at shops on the way to work and went hypo, dealing with a fair amount of work stress at the moment which has my head whirring so thinking it's related to that, Pump clinic this afternoon to get a brand spanking new one as the 4 year warranty has just run out, was hoping they'd give me the 670g but I think it's just a straight 640g swap today.

Was it just medtronic they had on offer?

Reactions: Juicyj

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends

5.9 today is bang on fantastic, especially sleeping in I think I’ve had a positive start with a pump, a few hiccups like I told the rep that correction ratio wouldn’t work in the morning and afternoon. So there was a day where I stayed between 9.0-12.9mmol/l despite bolus wizard suggested corrections.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to add that the new Medtronic 780G will be connecting to IOS as well so we’ll be putting on our Apple swag.

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, congrats to @chris85 type 1, welcome to @Hopeful34, top banana to @LooperCat for the size of THAT one!

Rubbish start to my day, woke on 2.3, got out of bed and was unbalanced enough to stagger in to the wardrobe. Got sugars back up but still not quite right balance wise, especially if I bend over then straighten up. It's improved but I don't know what it is; wondering whether it may be labyrinthitis as I've just got over a cold....give it a few days I think as no other symptoms. Managed to get to puppy class and have a short stroll rather than walk afterwards. Don't like the feeling though.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@LooperCat wow that’s big !! Here’s mine (please no references to the image as might need to be moderated !!) Side on seems to be my trade mark now..View attachment 38011

Awwww you cant put a pic of a mug with a large cockerel on it and not expect someone (ME) not to say something.......
"Thats a nice scene behind your cockerel @Juicyj"
I refrained :hilarious::hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all, congrats to @chris85 type 1, welcome to @Hopeful34, top banana to @LooperCat for the size of THAT one!

Rubbish start to my day, woke on 2.3, got out of bed and was unbalanced enough to stagger in to the wardrobe. Got sugars back up but still not quite right balance wise, especially if I bend over then straighten up. It's improved but I don't know what it is; wondering whether it may be labyrinthitis as I've just got over a cold....give it a few days I think as no other symptoms. Managed to get to puppy class and have a short stroll rather than walk afterwards. Don't like the feeling though.

I hope the day gets better for you, hypo's, not nice x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Awwww you cant put a pic of a mug with a large cockerel on it and not expect someone (ME) not to say something.......
"Thats a nice scene behind your cockerel @Juicyj"
I refrained :hilarious::hilarious:

Not saying anything lol :hilarious::angelic:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes welcome @Hopeful34 and please don’t get hamsters @LooperCat, if Fidel and B******s don’t eat them then they’d drown in that mug. I thought my tea mug was big, that’s enormous.

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Oh hugs! Horrid! Time to put your feet up for the rest of the day. Hope it improves.

Reactions: Robinredbreast