What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday 22/23/20
Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 173g yogurt, 70g blueberries, 1/2 tsp true cinnamon, 16g peanut butter

Lunch: Two white corn tortilla, 60g hummus, 100g sauerkraut, mustard.

Dinner: 2 XL eggs, 116g tempeh, 75g mushrooms, 138g tomato

I think my soy allergy came back with a vengeance, spent the night struggling to breathe, running to the bathroom, using maximum doses of asthma meds, one of them being steroid based. Going to cut soy out again. Feeling better this afternoon, but god all that coughing was not good for my chest. Fasting blood glucose was 5.1 this morning, but I put that down to the steroids, not sleeping and being ill. Today I am just eating meals that I have previously tested, and hoping my blood glucose normalizes when I am over this allergic reaction thing.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Yesterday 22/23/20
Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 173g yogurt, 70g blueberries, 1/2 tsp true cinnamon, 16g peanut butter

Lunch: Two white corn tortilla, 60g hummus, 100g sauerkraut, mustard.

Dinner: 2 XL eggs, 116g tempeh, 75g mushrooms, 138g tomato

I think my soy allergy came back with a vengeance, spent the night struggling to breathe, running to the bathroom, using maximum doses of asthma meds, one of them being steroid based. Going to cut soy out again. Feeling better this afternoon, but god all that coughing was not good for my chest. Fasting blood glucose was 5.1 this morning, but I put that down to the steroids, not sleeping and being ill. Today I am just eating meals that I have previously tested, and hoping my blood glucose normalizes when I am over this allergic reaction thing.

I hope the alergy gets better soon . I have a very bad alergy too and I’m constantly in fear of eating something wrong . A while ago I was taken to hospital with an ambulance, due to stroke-like symptoms only to find out it was an extreme alergy to some food I had eaten .
What helps me is to stick to familiar , not to do any food adventures , always check the ingredients , avoid certain foods such as Asian or Indian where the ingredients are masked by spices.

Reactions: DJC3 and Quinn1066

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope the alergy gets better soon . I have a very bad alergy too and I’m constantly in fear of eating something wrong . A while ago I was taken to hospital with an ambulance, due to stroke-like symptoms only to find out it was an extreme alergy to some food I had eaten .
What helps me is to stick to familiar , not to do any food adventures , always check the ingredients , avoid certain foods such as Asian or Indian where the ingredients are masked by spices.
I have bad reactions to MSG, cumin the spice doesn't agree with me, I try to avoid spicy foods as they upset my tummy now, but now I know I must avoid soy. It's ok, at least I know what caused it.

Reactions: DJC3

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 23/01/2020
Sticking to foods I had tested before
Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 63g frozen blueberries, 170g non fat greek yoghurt, 24g peanut butter

Lunch: two white corn tortila, 36g reduced fat cheese, 60g hummus, bit of mustard

Dinner: 3 servings of lentils, 250g zucchini noodles, bit of italian seasoning, scant tbsp gravox salt reduced, 3 garlic lemon herb olives. KInd of lentil zucchini Bolognese . The garlic lemon herb olives were really good.

One white coffee for breakfast, that's all I could handle, multiple cups of lemon, ginger, pepermint tea. Two with lunch, two with dinner. But I reuse the two teabags for the second mug.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
22-01-2020

FBG 6.4 lemon tea only.

Hour later 6.5 ??? Recently it's been going down in the mornings.

Breakfast. Bit rushed so 2x CWC, nut granola.

lunch. Very late 3pm. Salad of lettuce, cucumber and radish. Mayonnaise, slice of chicken breast, several pieces of cheese. CWC.

Dinner. Blinis. I made MrSlim cut mine in half horizontally. And then left most anyway. Topped with smoked salmon and soft cheese, capers and bits of other tasty garnishes. Then we had scallops with boudin noir. Bouillabaisse. They had chunks of bread. I had just one cheese topped crouton. But dessert. Oh my. One of MrSlims specialities. Crêpe Suzette. Carbfest indeed, but so delicious. Several glasses of fizz, tiny one of Grand Marinier. Coffee with cream.

Later lemon tea, probably won't help the FBG, But won't make it worse.

Bedtime, lemon tea.

20200122_170923.jpeg
20200122_174658.jpeg
20200122_181652.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to add, since you kindly asked, that was not the last instalment. Another date with the camera in 3 months then, hopefully, increasing intervals for 5 years. If it happens my all clear could coincide with GB being all clear of that thing in N0 10.:)
There's something in Charlotte Square I'd like gone!

Reactions: DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Gorgeous sunny day! i've had all the south facing windows open - dogs were not impressed.

23-01-20

Last night's bed time test: 5.4
Today's FBG 5.8
Breakfast: Soya coconut yoghurt with berries and a few nuts and seeds
2 hours later 5.8

Lunch: 4.8
Green Gloopy stuff

Dinner will be a butternut squash, fridge veg and cannellini bean casserole - I've promised Mr C to try to use up all the veg in the fridge as my Asda delivery is coming tomorrow and the fridge still looks full. Oops!

Drinks: Usual black decaff coffee until mid morning then water for the rest of the day.

This is the first time I've had an FBG in the 5's since the day after I did a 5 day fast last March. Woo HOOO (A bit lower would be nice.)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Has anyone had one of these exercise tests for blood pressure done - the sort where they put you on a treadmill and keep increasing the steepness and speed?? Mr C has just had one done this morning and had very dizzy episode which stopped the test from finishing. I'm just wondering if this is normal / okay?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Fbg today was 6.5 after very few carbs (10 at best) yesterday and going to bed on 4.7 several hours after eating. Can you feel my frustration?
Had a slice LivLife toast, thick butter and tea because I was going out for the morning and its really cold.
Came back 1pm tested 5.8 on my new Tee 2 and 5.3 on my Codefree. Needed to eat so had small plate iceberg, chunk cheddar grated and 4.6g carbs coleslaw. Had coffee with a little milk to warm me up.
Tonights supper will be 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and spinach and will eat before Mr PM gets home. The next plan will be to either get a Libre as a one off education or get up between 2 and 4 for a few nights and test.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi All
Fbg today was 6.5 after very few carbs (10 at best) yesterday and going to bed on 4.7 several hours after eating. Can you feel my frustration?
Had a slice LivLife toast, thick butter and tea because I was going out for the morning and its really cold.
Came back 1pm tested 5.8 on my new Tee 2 and 5.3 on my Codefree. Needed to eat so had small plate iceberg, chunk cheddar grated and 4.6g carbs coleslaw. Had coffee with a little milk to warm me up.
Tonights supper will be 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and spinach and will eat before Mr PM gets home. The next plan will be to either get a Libre as a one off education or get up between 2 and 4 for a few nights and test.

Oh yes, I can definitely feel your frustration - i sometimes think BGs have a will of their own and do what they want when they want. Big hug coming your way.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's something in Charlotte Square I'd like gone!
Gladly swap you for our sub optimal George Cole (St Trinians ) tribute act. Since this is a food thread, bearing in mind who is in charge of food/agriculture etc, please can you guys take him (Gove) back whilst there is still food safe to eat. Still looking forward to the Deep Dive - are sponges keto?

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Different lunch today. Leftover meatloaf from earlier in the week. Had taken some cold lamb too, but that wasn’t required.

Dinner just eaten was 1 air fried chicken thigh - skin was divine - with some of my carni stuffing. Delicious.

@Chook great news on the FBG

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb - I'm not an insulin user but I wonder if you should be taking insulin with your BG'S so low? Glad you had something on hand to bring them up again. @SlimLizzy - great looking food. On the subject of BGs, @Chook your BGs are certainly looking good. That gloop certainly must be doing something. @DJC3 - I enjoyed the cheesy meatball and cauli slaw thing too. I added a bit lettuce, tomato and cucumber to it as I thought the slaw went better with it. I agree though, it was odd but nice (a bit like yesterdays). @ianpspurs - I have my snorkel ready - 1 more week to read the blurb.
Bed 4.6 FBG 4.7. Back to Aqua Zumba today and gardeners here to give my tree its annual "haircut" . Busy morning, boys to school, get rolls etc to make bacon rolls for the gardeners, get bag ready, quick coffee and off to Aqua.
B. TAG
L. After Aqua. Usually I check but I assumed I was back to the avocado with the smoked salmon thingy. It wasn't. I was supposed to be a plate with tuna, avocado, boiled eggs, spinach I think and some kind of dressing. It was sort of that as I had avocado, 1 boiled egg, smoked salmon and a spoonful of Philadelphia.
D. Is some kind of Keto Fajita bowl. Hubby is having the chicken bit with a spicy rice.
DD-528-ketosalmonplate-2.jpeg
DD-535-KetoChickenFajitabowl-2.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. A 3 meal day on the DD plan. Yummo!
B: DD Veggie Keto Scramble
L: Out with a friend - bunless cheeseburger, coleslaw, salad. Black coffee
D: was supposed to be DD Creamy Keto Fish Casserole. Just realised I made DD keto Fish Casserole with mushrooms and French mustard. A closer look shows they are very similar but one has mushrooms. I love mushrooms so all good there.
@SlimLizzy your meal looked fabulous was it a special occasion?
@Chook good news about getting a bg in the 5s. The green gloop is obviously doing its stuff. Sorry I haven’t had one of those bp tests.
Didn’t they give any reassurance at the time?
Sorry to hear about the soy reaction @Quinn1066 but glad you’re feeling ok now.
Hugs to you @Winnie-the-Pooh for the bad day. And to you @PenguinMum for the frustration over your BGs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb - I'm not an insulin user but I wonder if you should be taking insulin with your BG'S so low? Glad you had something on hand to bring them up again. @SlimLizzy - great looking food. On the subject of BGs, @Chook your BGs are certainly looking good. That gloop certainly must be doing something. @DJC3 - I enjoyed the cheesy meatball and cauli slaw thing too. I added a bit lettuce, tomato and cucumber to it as I thought the slaw went better with it. I agree though, it was odd but nice (a bit like yesterdays). @ianpspurs - I have my snorkel ready - 1 more week to read the blurb.
Bed 4.6 FBG 4.7. Back to Aqua Zumba today and gardeners here to give my tree its annual "haircut" . Busy morning, boys to school, get rolls etc to make bacon rolls for the gardeners, get bag ready, quick coffee and off to Aqua.
B. TAG
L. After Aqua. Usually I check but I assumed I was back to the avocado with the smoked salmon thingy. It wasn't. I was supposed to be a plate with tuna, avocado, boiled eggs, spinach I think and some kind of dressing. It was sort of that as I had avocado, 1 boiled egg, smoked salmon and a spoonful of Philadelphia.
D. Is some kind of Keto Fajita bowl. Hubby is having the chicken bit with a spicy rice. View attachment 38062View attachment 38063

I’m looking forward to that fajita bowl next week. It’s good having you a week ahead of me so I can see what you thought of some of the meals. Tell me though, how do you get to the plan on the website? I have to click through a lot of pages to get there which is a pain when I just want to see what I’m having for lunch. The only way I can save the week to my meal planner is by changing it a bit and giving it a new title. Any tips?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Fung's schedule has B and L for Thursday, I went OMAD and ate this evening - much happier with no B. Start was 800 mls bulletproof tea (added some cream to kerrygold and MCT today) waited 2 to 3 hrs then pint bulletproof tea. By midday bg was 4.2 on meter and ketones 3.7 on meter - yeah whatevs mate. CW 20 mls C whilst out. Hour walk and Sencha tea before evening meal of Gammon (air fired), mushrooms (fried in butter) halloumi fries (brushed with MCT and air fried) - ah, that is what dry January means . 2 x DGF double choc brownies with cream. Gammon was smoked - how did that happen? It and the DGF were mistakes but we need to clear a freezer to give to son as part of the move.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m looking forward to that fajita bowl next week. It’s good having you a week ahead of me so I can see what you thought of some of the meals. Tell me though, how do you get to the plan on the website? I have to click through a lot of pages to get there which is a pain when I just want to see what I’m having for lunch. The only way I can save the week to my meal planner is by changing it a bit and giving it a new title. Any tips?
The fajita bowl was very good @DJC3 & @PenguinMum. Only thing I did to it was to add some sliced red peppers as well as green, added a bit chopped cucumber and did a mix of sour cream/mayo/lemon juice for the dressing. I am full! Even Hubby said it was rather good!
@DJC3 - are you getting the weekly weight loss for good emails from Diet Doctor? If so there is a button on the email - Go to Course. Click on that and it takes you to that week. You have the individual days that you can click on (which I use during the week to see what I'm supposed to be eating) or if you scroll down a bit that week's meal plan is there. Click anywhere on the pictures and it takes you there. If you've altered it (as I am prone to do) just underneath the meal plan pictures is a link to your altered versions that takes you straight there. There are also links to the various hints and tips and course articles.
The fajita bowl was really easy. Ripped up lettuce, chopped up tomatoes and avocado. I added in chopped cucumber as I said. Pop it into a bowl. They just used sour cream - I mixed mayo, sour cream and lemon juice. Only cooking is put sliced chicken breast into a wok and stir fry with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and the sliced peppers, stir and cook a but more then add the seasoning mix (I used fajita mix). You might need a touch more oil. Stir until the chicken is totally cooked then serve on top of the chopped salad, add grated mexican cheese, sprinkle over chopped coriander and enjoy - glass of dry white would have been wonderful with it but I'm trying to stay away from it for now.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato.
Lunch: Cheese and vegimite sandwich, bowl of greek yoghurt with passion fruit on it. First passion fruit I have for a while since I ripped the vine we had out.
Dinner: Steak and salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water

gbJUC1R.jpg