I'm so done with diabetes - help!!!!!

sophiiehirst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is it normal to feel like this? I just can't control my diabetes!!! Was in hospital last week with dka (again) although this time it appears to have not been completely my fault. I'm 20 and I've had diabetes for 4 and a half years and I'm so done. I dont know where to go from here!! I also have bipolar, autism spectrum disorder and high anxiety and this cocktail of illness' along with diabetes makes it almost impossible! Even when i try I can't control my blood sugars :(
Wish I was a functioning human being
I've attached a photo of my blood sugars over the past week just to show you what I mean
Snapchat-551599691.jpeg

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@sophiiehirst
No wonder you feel done honey those peaks an troughs would make anyone feel awful, even without the other stuff.
Do your mental health team talk to your diabetes team? What insulin are you on? Are you MDI or a pumper?
The great thing is that you are out of DKA and reaching out for help. Things can get better.

Medina27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're not alone. I know how you feel. Having other conditions is just a double slap. Some days are better than others. Hope you can get these levels stable