Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What are your H test results?

Mine is 7.1mmol

My last HbA1C was 42 which converts to 6.0, diabetic T1 for 40 years, good diet and exercise a lot, Pilates, some yoga and walking a lot, which knocks my BG down more than running does, hence the low result. Works for me and my Fitbit tells me I've walked the length of the Great Wall of China, 5,500 miles, in 22 months. Told you I exercise a lot but I'm retired so that helps!

Reactions: Diakat

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My 8 year old daughters was 35/5.4% last week. Same as 3 months ago but with fewer lows and smaller standard deviation. So all good.

Reactions: River83 and michita

teasytux

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Forum,

I'm a Type 1, 46 years so far as & diagnosed 1972. My Hba1c this month was 6.1. Just seen my consultant & he was unimpressed with that & said it's too low, near non Diabetic & raise level to 6.5 to 7. Ouch, I thought..that's me told. My Hba1c is usually around mid 6's. I've been using an insulin pump about 10 years & the Libre just over a year. I've complications... neuropathy, a childhood of blood sugar that misbehaved all the time!

Best wishes to all
Tux

Reactions: porl69 and Aginoth

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
4.7 % after spending the last 3 months in and out of hospitals and largely lying on my back unable to exercise and zero hypos. Looks like I don’t need to exercise at all to achieve tight control:-(

Reactions: Aginoth

WJP1055

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar, being overweight
Had my annual visit to see the local Consultant this week! She advised me that my HBA1C was 47 - best result ever as I usually come in around 51 - 53. In fact, I think the low carb regime has significantly contributed to this result. Now I have to maintain it! Happy days.

MarkHaZ123

I was been treated for type 2 for a year before finally going onto insulin as a type 1 when I felt horrendous.
My hba1c was 78 or 9.3 going by how you guys say it.
In a year I went from 48 to 78. Before starting my insulin I was spending the day in the mid teens for blood sugars then high 20s on a night.

Hopefully now I can bring that down especially after I've just done the Dafne course

Alternative Diabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes...want to find a cure !
My recent was best ever in 26 years !! ... think they said 53 mmol/mol which converts to 7.0 % .... always been over 8 %sometimes 9 % even reached 10 % but I went on a low carb diet 8 months ago and turned it round reduced my insulin too ‍♂️ follow my blog and my journey www.alternativediabetic.com

localshop

38mmol/l, down from 43 last year. Diabetic since 1988. Hopefully my hypos will reduce next week when I've swapped my Levemir twice a day for Tresiba once a day.

DaLe-2020

I don’t no how to convert it but I was diagnosed type 1 in March with a reading of 146 mmol (I think) which reduced to 76 mmol after using nova rapid and Lantus for 6 months still having glucose readings in the teens but there finally becoming stable in the single figures now I’m carb counting still learning it all as it come as a shock

Well wishes to all

Reactions: michita

mrtn.pllr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm newly diagnosed, two months ago. My HbA1c was 14,2%, when I was admitted to the hospital.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just got my most recent HbA1c...

Covers exactly the time I’ve been on Clinical placement and doing shift work...

Up from 35, I’ll take that :D

Reactions: CranberryIce

arto9191

6.3 ! Diagnosed half a year ago with hba1c 18%

I eat pizzas and other stuff many times per week. The key is to give yourself multiple incjections and figure out all by yourself.
Even if I got sick and have high sugar with insuline shot and stationary bike, I can bring it back in 15 minutes of cardio!

I am on pens insulatard and novorapid. Honeymoon period was there for 2 months after diagnosis.

daemoncor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Onions.
Lowest A1c = 74
Most recent was December 4th = 157 (I know, I know.)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
50 yesterday up a bit from 3 months ago BUT my DSN wanted it at 50 and she got her wish lol

ArsenalCath

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The rain and constant testing and insulin injections
A lot of doctors say different as well. Some say aim for your sugar level to be between 4-8 and some say 4-7. I know its only one but still, lol.
When my glucose levels fall below 5 I actually feel ill and have been told by DVLA not to drive below five, and they are right. I also take a while to recover when levels go a bit low and also when they go high - but with high my balance is badly affected and I get rotten cramps in my legs. With low I go really shaky and disorientated. Not good if driving so I always check glucose before I set off.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently had my highest ever (since post-diagnosis) of 6.5 (47).

Honeymoon is definitely now over, 5 years in was a good run, now time to start being a bit stricter with myself!

angela0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, my latest hba1c test being a type 2 my blood sugar have been terrible to control only time ever been half decent were when I was rushing into ITU last year then another 2 times with anaemia, pneumonia, and at the moment it's a 16.8% which I think is bout 171