What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"..hello, viewers, Today we are looking at possibly the most un-observed species on the planet.

Those who live in the Fourbidden Zone.

A place of much mystery, somewhere many try to find but few do.

How dedicated & dreadful must it have been for those who passed before, to spend a lifetime
trying to reaching this 'Nirvana', yet never to find it.
It has been likened to a Diabetics El Dorado
a place of peace and beauty, were everyone is wealthy with health

Well today we open up the Fourbidden Zone, in a new 6 part series documentary

* We trace their roots from everyday folk to the warriors of Diabetes

* Explore how they slashed their way through high carbs & misinformation to arrive,
here in the resplendent jungles of, what many called unreachable,
but the Fourbidden call, simply ...HOME.

You'll hear tell of awful, unspeakable, practices we in the west simply do not understand.

* Boiling the bones of animals to make Bone Broth,

* Eating, yes dear viewer, Eating the fat on those meats when cooked
* And reducing their carbs from the 500g+ a day we KNOW is healthy down to for some 60g or even LOWER a day..

A subset of the tribe simply refuse the meat and only eat a vegetarian or Vegan diet
Eating plants and vegetables grown without a long list of chemical or list of ingredients, to help make the food taste 'NICE'

* We delve deep into the Bravery of these peoples, to discover what not only drives them to such desperate measures that they DARE to eat such foods, but who then claim to ENJOY eating them..

Incredible i know..yet well documented by earlier explorers.

And yet whichever Ancestral method they choice, they not only don't die on these outlandish diet, they actually thrive.

So much so, many Nations are now scrambling around trying to find any studies for just how they manage to be SO healthy when they reject all that we know to be good and holy in the West..?

Little is known of this tribe, apart from the gossip and hearsay..

I must warn you, caution IS required if watching and a suspension of belief is desirable.

Tales of being able to eat whatever they want....
to
stories of unbelievable fasting and living off fresh air.

So for this First episode let us show you, the viewer, the truth behind those Legends and Stories.

THE FOURBIDDEN ZONE
Episode One.: Naturally Unnatural

I have been taken in by the Oomee-fingha tribe, and allowed free access to their lands.
they are a simple peaceful peoples, living on the plains just below a Falls they call the Six Rivers

We are sat here on the very edge of McGarrett plains looking down into the Fourbidden Zone

i'm at a place the locals call simply 5.2,
A sweet-spot if you like, where many come to visit, dreaming of the day, they too can travel into the Fourbidden Zone

And what a difference down there...:wideyed:

For the Plainsfolk, it's all wooden cabins and lean to's, open fires and meat drying on lines......

"Connection unavailable.
please check you wifi connection and reconnect.
"
@jjraak I want to do two emoticons...funny and winner to this amazing post...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"..hello, viewers, Today we are looking at possibly the most un-observed species on the planet.

How dedicated & dreadful must it have been for those who passed before, to spend a lifetime

* Explore how they slashed their way through high carbs & misinformation to arrive,

You'll hear tell of awful, unspeakable, practices we in the west simply do not understand.

* And reducing their carbs from the 500g+ a day we KNOW is healthy down to for some 60g or even LOWER a day..

A subset of the tribe simply refuse the meat and only eat a vegetarian or Vegan diet
Eating plants and vegetables grown without a long list of chemical or list of ingredients, to help make the food taste 'NICE'

* We delve deep into the Bravery of these peoples, to discover what not only drives them to such desperate measures that they DARE to eat such foods, but who then claim to ENJOY eating them..

And yet whichever Ancestral method they choice, they not only don't die on these outlandish diet, they actually thrive.

So much so, many Nations are now scrambling around trying to find any studies for just how they manage to be SO healthy when they reject all that we know to be good and holy in the West..?

I must warn you, caution IS required if watching and a suspension of belief is desirable.

to

So for this First episode let us show you, the viewer, the truth behind those Legends and Stories.

THE FOURBIDDEN ZONE

I have been taken in by the Oomee-fingha tribe, and allowed free access to their lands.
they are a simple peaceful peoples, living on the plains just below a Falls they call the Six Rivers

We are sat here on the very edge of McGarrett plains looking down into the Fourbidden Zone

A sweet-spot if you like, where many come to visit, dreaming of the day, they too can travel into the Fourbidden Zone

For the Plainsfolk, it's all wooden cabins and lean to's, open fires and meat drying on lines......

"Connection unavailable.
"

Brilliant post JJ. So funny and spot on.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

to

THE FOURBIDDEN ZONE

"Connection unavailable.
"
I somehow keep missing out on posts, dont think I am alone, but wow what a post. Its just AMAZING have you thought of writing for publication for lucre? You defo have the ability. Thanks also for the message of support to me re testing. You are a good lad young JJ.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

to

THE FOURBIDDEN ZONE

"Connection unavailable.
"
Brilliant

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

to

THE FOURBIDDEN ZONE

"Connection unavailable.
"

Brilliant. :) I gave you a paintbrush for Creative and wish I could have given a star and a :D as well. I can't wait for Part Two!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I somehow keep missing out on posts, dont think I am alone, but wow what a post. Its just AMAZING have you thought of writing for publication for lucre? You defo have the ability. Thanks also for the message of support to me re testing. You are a good lad young JJ.

Thank YOU for the kind words.
Who knew my fertile imagination would come in handy one day..:wacky:

And you are most welcome, as always
May the numbers be low and the day be long

Reactions: trick60

Winnie-the-Pooh

I love the expression ‘wompy jawed’!
I’m amazed that 30yrs ago someone couldn’t use a non digital clock.
When I first started school ( longer ago than 30yrs) we spent a lot of time learning to tell the time. We had an ink stamp of a clock face (without hands, just the numbers). So we used to stamp a load of these in our exercise books and then had to draw in the hands of whatever time the teacher said. I can remember really enjoying the stamping bit.
Ps thanks for your comments about my daughter, I know she will be wonderful, she is such an empathetic person. Her favourite placement so far was a day centre for adults with learning difficulties (Downs, autism etc) she learned Makaton so she could laugh and joke with the people there and join in properly. She loved it and said their happiness was infectious, she looked forward to going to work every day.

Awww we did that stamp thing too and we had to draw hands . I always added eyes and lips and eyelashes and a ribbon too . My clocks looked so nice .
Then I addd fingers to hands and finally I started to add legs as well to my clocks and it was when our teacher asked me to stop
I also would compute how many minutes it was after midnight to show off my maths and no one appreciated that ( jealous kids ). Sigh! Miss school badly !

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg on meter was 4.8 at 5.15 ish. The poor sleep score and early waking plus raised resting pulse tend to convince me the lower bgs shown by meter and good ketone levels yesterday were accurate. Wish it were not so but experience suggests my body treats a very fatcentric diet as a threat, plays along for a while then asserts its authority and shuts down. Bulletproof tea, morning worship (mindfulness with a listener?) and some inspiring M People tuneage rather than exercise bike first thing as part of bend not break strategy. Short term plan is to hold course and be like Mr Asquith - wait and see. Psalm 27 and the happy ending to Noah's story all good. Francis de Sales to commemorate. Have simply the best day whether inside Nutbush City limits or no.
Update: Fitbit obviously took a while to work out my resting pulse - it was actually lower as it should have been:)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me
FB_IMG_1558096106528.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. New meter. 5.7 at 0700. 4.8 at bedtime 22.00. Woke at 03.30 was still 4.8.
Yesterdays carbs were 10-20g for fourth consecutive day. But I atm I am going to adopt Asquith’s plan. Cant believe its Friday already. We are having supper with friends at an Indian on Sat so will be crossing my fingers and toes.
Hipe you all have a great Friday. Stay well, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 38050

If it takes lamb, Montezuma, coffee and randomly flooding previously edible food with "heavy" cream and cheese to make this work I'm done for. As Spencer Davis said https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/spencerdavisgroup/somebodyhelpme.html
I think that you wouldn't have liked my dinner yesterday. Beefburger covered in melted cheese with mushrooms and asparagus, followed by Montezuma and a coffee and cream.

I have a mini blowtorch that I love using to melt the cheese. So far I haven't set fire to the kitchen - but husband is taking no chances and has installed a fire extinguisher and fire blanket by the blowtorch.