What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmn we shall see...I'm hoping Charlie won't stick his head in the coal basket just before we leave for the appointment...I'll get Liv in to give them a wash brush & a polish before we go;)
They will be amazed at the shelter to see how well and happy they are with you. If only they could speak ;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brown soda bread toasted and smothered in butter for breakfast PM. Bloods 4.7 at10.30, didn’t realise it was that late.
A walk around Sligo town this morning, then on to Strandhill, have a lovely day all.
Great bg after the bread Trick...I can honestly say I have eaten an awful lot of soda bread sometimes warm from the oven but never ever toasted.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nooooo...lord knows what they'd tell them I say every time I have to empty their litter tray or clean up their excesses!
Also if they could tell the other cats how good it is at yours you would be inundated with surprise visitors. ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Friday, everyone! It's a rainy Friday here, temperature 6 degrees, FBG 7.8, I wish I could reverse those numbers.
Yesterday afternoon when I walked to the grocery store the rain felt like sleet on my face; back in our garden I saw these little ones blooming by the patio -- the first flowers in our garden this spring :)

20200123_141027.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1 at 5am

I had to drive back in the fog and dark last night. Had not eaten since my nuts at 6am yesterday (those nuts can keep me going all day) (and the place where I been going to eat had a kitchen malfunction and were only doing sandwiches, so I didn't eat knowing my reaction to bread), so I knew I might overeat when I got home because I was tired, and so I bought battered fish (a place which only uses fresh fish on the way home, and ate it in the car watching You Tube! Then drove the rest of the way home. It was a sensible thing to do because I was not tired now.

Barricaded the cat flap when I got home. And went to bed with cat. When I got up this morning to paint, cat asked for barricade to be removed and went hunting for mice. He came in and declined the tinned cat food...and proceeded to attack my arm (I have a thick jumper on) ...he was still in full hunting mode, honing his skills, and then stared at my sliced roast beef ((I had a couple of slices with my nuts this morning)....of course I gave in and he ate some.

Cat is asleep now...

So my painting is a bit different today.
What happened was I had some left over acrylic paints in sealed containers. I always squeeze too much out. So, I primed the next few pages of my sketch book with these colours, mostly dark colours, ready to do a painting on later. I was just squishing the paint on, some pages a bit more watery than others.

But when I looked at the first one, there was suggestions of something already in the paint.

For awhile now I have been wanting to pant those dark shadowy nightmares, and the shadows you see before you go to sleep moving around your bedroom...

I did try photographing them from my bed, but all my phone camera gives me is blackness, which is pretty obvious really...

So, I have a pair of small curved sewing scissors. By the way, that lady's face was already there, and I just scratched a little more away. She was holding an animal, and so I made that a cat's face. Then I used a chalk pen and added a little lightness to the path and in between the trees.

It took me just over an hour.

View attachment 38082

You can see whatever you want within it....

Happy Friday
Hugs for those who need them
Take care

I like this painting. After first study, I thought, Brothers Grimm; then I thought, more like Mabinogion? ... Now I want to go find a copy and read ...
Popeye seems to lead an idyllic life. :)
^. .^

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also if they could tell the other cats how good it is at yours you would be inundated with surprise visitors. ;)
I can't even have a shower on my own now PM...I was singing/scrubbing away when a little tabby head appeared over the side...Lola has to know every thing going on!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday, everyone! It's a rainy Friday here, temperature 6 degrees, FBG 7.8, I wish I could reverse those numbers.
Yesterday afternoon when I walked to the grocery store the rain felt like sleet on my face; back in our garden I saw these little ones blooming by the patio -- the first flowers in our garden this spring :)

View attachment 38083
Nothing like the first flowers...there are clumps of snowdrops around my way though nothing yet in my garden. Dont worry about the fbg too much it seems to be very challenging everywhere atm. Its grey chilly and damp here highest was 7 degrees so not dissimilar. Enjoy your day :).

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing like the first flowers...there are clumps of snowdrops around my way though nothing yet in my garden. Dont worry about the fbg too much it seems to be very challenging everywhere atm. Its grey chilly and damp here highest was 7 degrees so not dissimilar. Enjoy your day :).

Thank you for your kind words. :)
My body always seems to feel best when it is "over"weight. More energetic, more comfortable, just "happier." And after all, Wednesday's BP was lower than it used to be before I started all these new drugs (Prozac, atorvastatin, Metformin) in addition to the BP meds.
Hugs to you and Bobs and Daisy.
^. .^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't even have a shower on my own now PM...I was singing/scrubbing away when a little tabby head appeared over the side...Lola has to know every thing going on!

Awww ... my old tabby cat Mas was just the same when we moved into a new apartment 7 years ago! :)
It was wintertime, and when taking a shower I would close the bathroom door to keep the heat in. But I didn't let the latch catch, in case either she or the KittenCat wanted to come in to the litterbox.
Almost invariably, right in the middle of my shower, the bathroom door would inch open, and a little face would peak in. It was a furry little face, with stripes and whiskers, but it made me feel like some parents I have read about ...
She never actually joined me in the shower while the water was on, but as soon as I turned it off she would come and join me to lap up the water before it all drained away.
She also used to jump up into the kitchen sink and suckle the faucet trying to get the water to flow!
^. .^

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your kind words. :)
My body always seems to feel best when it is "over"weight. More energetic, more comfortable, just "happier." And after all, Wednesday's BP was lower than it used to be before I started all these new drugs (Prozac, atorvastatin, Metformin) in addition to the BP meds.
Hugs to you and Bobs and Daisy.
^. .^. .^
You are so right..I am coming to the conclusion that as we get older we must take heart from the things that are going well whilst just doing our best with the rest. My BMI is 26 just one point into overweight (if you believe those rules are for everyone) and I am not aiming to go lower. Since I started my current way of eating two years ago I have maintained at my current level for quite some time now so it must be my natural level. Is there much fuss in the US about the Coronavirus? I hope it can be slowed and they come up with a drug. I would be worried for my two friends recovering from cancer and others with compromised immunity if it spreads here.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are so right..I am coming to the conclusion that as we get older we must take heart from the things that are going well whilst just doing our best with the rest. My BMI is 26 just one point into overweight (if you believe those rules are for everyone) and I am not aiming to go lower. Since I started my current way of eating two years ago I have maintained at my current level for quite some time now so it must be my natural level. Is there much fuss in the US about the Coronavirus? I hope it can be slowed and they come up with a drug. I would be worried for my two friends recovering from cancer and others with compromised immunity if it spreads here.

Oh, that virus sounds horrible! I have not heard or read anything about it (I don't keep up with the news). I will look and see what I can find out from people here. My doctor didn't mention it on Wednesday, nor did anyone else in her office. ...

I liked what you said about BMI and weight. Mine are always included in my doct's printout; I should probably look to see what they are. The weight I am sadly all too aware of -- the other, not so much.
I remember reading years ago that in the US "ideal" weights and maybe BMIs were based on some Air Force standard. I don't know if that's still the case, but good grief, I am not in training to be a fighter pilot!
(Although I did name a friend's male kitten F-14)

81nL3Gq4fyL.jpg

Reactions: HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, that virus sounds horrible! I have not heard or read anything about it (I don't keep up with the news). I will look and see what I can find out from people here. My doctor didn't mention it on Wednesday, nor did anyone else in her office.

In the UK the govt is saying that it is highly like that we have infected individuals. The virus is a combined crossover that affects the upper respiratory tract known as 2019-nCoV, the information on general coronavirus is here...

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus#1

Funny how we were talking about new viral strains the other day

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the UK the govt is saying that it is highly like that we have infected individuals. The virus is a combined crossover that affects the upper respiratory tract known as 2019-nCoV, the information on general coronavirus is here...

agree it's a very connected world these days

two cases in Vietnam..we just got back a few weeks ago..

Tell of cases being investigated in Scotland..and other places and most seem to be cleared
and the lady who ducked all the checks to get to France..
seems she had got a cold or sniffles, but not the virus..:nurse:

have to bare in mind numbers, so far are low..at the moment

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC never heard the word faucet before so assume it is what we would call a tap either in kitchen or bathroom (do I mean wash room?). My old Ginger was a bit obsessed with water liked to drink from a tap usually in the kitchen but when the boys were little and in the bath together he liked to join us and often walked around the edge of the bath which the boys loved. One evening he slipped and he hit the water and sprung out again so very fast with the boys loudly cheering. I caught him and towelled him down. He never did it again but it is one of the boys’ favourite childhood memories!

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you for the link. :)
It starts off sounding like an ordinary cold virus ... then people are being hospitalized ...
???

You are right, @jjraak, it is a very connected world nowadays. And that is wonderful when it works for the planet and its inhabitants. But bedbugs have returned. "They" are blaming it on the discontinuation of DDT but I think it's the convenience of worldwide travel ...
I'm thinking smallpox and the Americas, back in the day ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum Yes, you are right, a faucet is a tap. (Sorry 'bout that!) :) ---

BREAKER BREAKER
CATCALL TO FELINE-NINE-NINE .... CATCALL TO FELINE-NINE-NINE ...
Attn: Brig. Popeye, Cols. Bobs & Daisy, ClawCommander Marley, Leftenant Lola and Rightenant Charlie ...

The KittenCat calls for claws and purrs ... reports Meowing continuing for a full 30 SECONDS from the bed ... human unresponsive ... midday rations nothing more than 1 tablespoonful of tuna&egg ... advanced to Bed for bath maneuvers .... commenced MEOWING ... no response from human ...
DO YOU CLAWPY?

Stand down ... stand down ... all is well ... human has responded ...
Report cuddle-clutch and kisses and murmurings muffled against neckfur and cheek whiskers ...
Transported with full armament to Sofa ...
Purring accomplished ... Commencing nap ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC never heard the word faucet before so assume it is what we would call a tap either in kitchen or bathroom (do I mean wash room?). My old Ginger was a bit obsessed with water liked to drink from a tap usually in the kitchen but when the boys were little and in the bath together he liked to join us and often walked around the edge of the bath which the boys loved. One evening he slipped and he hit the water and sprung out again so very fast with the boys loudly cheering. I caught him and towelled him down. He never did it again but it is one of the boys’ favourite childhood memories!

And before this conversation was so abruptly interrupted by a false alarm ... ^. .^

"Bathroom" yes, because in most houses here it is all in one -- bathtub, sink, and toilet all in the same room -- but there is often an additional "half bath"/"powder room" which is technically a two-thirds -- toilet and sink -- bathroom, but it's not a half-BATH since there is no bath(tub) ... language is funny ... :)

I grew up saying "faucet" for the pipe that the water comes out of into a sink or bathtub; the taps were the things you turned to -- OK -- turn the water on/off. Now they have "mixer taps" which is a single lever (which I don't like) to turn the water on and off, but the pipe where the water comes out is still the faucet.

Then, moving outdoors, the water pipe sticking out of the wall of the house was a "spigot" when I was growing up. I have a funny story about spigots; not sure if I should tell it here ... not really inappropriate ... Also has a rather remote association with the tap**** on a keg of beer.

I love the story about your Ginger kitty and your boys and the bath! :D

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It starts off sounding like an ordinary cold virus ... then people are being hospitalized ...
???

Yes, just like our yearly flu it affects the very young and the elderly as well as those with existing lung issues.