Type 1 Carbs in Blackberries

Angel1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I am trying to find out the carbohydrate value in 100g of blackberries. All my research of this topic on the internet, the measurements have been in cups! Would anyone know the carbs for 100g? Thank you so much.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the app Nutracheck for carb values. I find it very useful :)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Blackberries and Raspberries ar 5g/100g. Strawberries are 6g/100g.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I popped out and picked some blackberries for a photo opportunity, and looked up blackberries on my favourite macro-counting site - fatsecret (ghastly name - but hey!).

About ten wee blackberries are just under 3g of carbs?

The way they taste in nature, as it were - ie growing wild in my front yard - are deliciously sour, so I am not surprised they are so low in carbs.
1 oz of blackberries 3g of carbs.jpg

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I popped out and picked some blackberries for a photo opportunity, and looked up blackberries on my favourite macro-counting site - fatsecret (ghastly name - but hey!).

About ten wee blackberries are just under 3g of carbs?

The way they taste in nature, as it were - ie growing wild in my front yard - are deliciously sour, so I am not surprised they are so low in carbs.
View attachment 38087
This is something I will be campaigning on. Some supermarkets think it is cool to have the pre fix "super sweet" before whatever berries - enough already with the hybridisation; more sugar doesn't have to be the norm. I berrie picked from my local country side last summer, it was wonderful.

Reactions: AloeSvea

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have asked several times for the normal strawberries when standing in front of banks of supersweet ones. There is usually a blank look.
Yesterday I saw a snippet of TV where someone was commenting on the inaccurate labeling of supersweet cherry tomatoes as they were outside the legal guidelines.