What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
22/1 = 5.7
23/1 = 5.4
24/1 = 6.1 (late night dinner and strawberries and cream)

I've caught up! Phew. Must do that again (yer right!).

Up early as doing my first parkrun. Well daudle in my case. Just going to see what it's like so I can share at my support sessions and presentations etc. You never know, I might like it!

Speaking of support sessions. My one last week was full. Not one free appointment. Mainly booked in by DNs! All good. This week they booked in a type 1. T1d since age 12. Now gluten intolerant. Very down. Bs uncontrolled. I always say I'm not medically trained but sharing my journey. And im t2d. That said I do know LC beneficial for t1d too. I said I would collate some info and prepare it in an envelope and leave at reception. So I came home, googled a lot over next couple of days. Bought 2 books from Ebay. Dr Bernstein diabetes solution and take control of t1d by dr David cavan. Lots of helpful links, forums, YouTube videos etc. I'm just waiting for one more book then it's going in to surgery. If anyone on our thread can help with the t1 or gluten intolerance I would be most grateful.

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/ in about 6 hours so best get some shut eye. Night/morning all

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist Your lovely post made me smile, nearly made me cry, did make me laugh out loud.

I love the dog pic -- he looks as if he has just lit his pipe and is about to place a bet on a runner at the local point-to-point! I'm sure his seat stick is just out-of-frame.

The painting is absolutely beautiful. I hope you do make a calendar someday -- that deserves to be published in the wider world beyond this thread. My church used to have father-daughter banquets -- does your neighborhood have family talent shows or something?

The cat poem made me laugh out loud (although IME it's more true of dogs, I may read it to the KittenCat with the added comment that "You see, some cats do their own clean-ups!") ^. .^

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a very dark but blissful Fenland on a day redolent with the very special aroma of Nos 1 and 3 sons and 3 grandchildren. Since all GCs are now mobile we need to Rosa proof the place. Fbg was a flat 5 (± 5%) which is ok in and of itself but .... Nothing special and being only one metric doesn't offset the weaknesses (for me) in the LCHF all court game. Burns night - no Haggis for us this year (can't see H N and T making the Keto crew) and Conversion of Paul day today. Take care, spread the love and may the bird of paradise fly up your nose. Psalm 66 vvs 17-18 made flesh and blood right here later:):)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7 at 4am

My painting for today...
A4 sized. Acrylics and white chalk pen and white gel pen...
Took about an hour...
FD5E1A4C-1677-475E-BFAB-2FDBE37FF272.jpeg

Have a good weekend
Hugs for those who would like them
Take care

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day away and the thread moves on like an express train. Dreams, cats, viruses, spring flowers, BG readings, paintings, stories, delicious bread, chicken, burgers, taps, weather, jets and automobiles, just another typical day in this thread :)

Aunties Funeral went as well as funerals can go. In typical Aunty fashion the old dear put me to the test from wherever she now resides. In her will I was left a hand written poem with the request I read it at her cremation, Remember by Christina Rossetti but abridged by Aunty. In the order of service the full poem is printed with the heading read by Muddy Cyclist (actually my real name not MC) so what does one do, read the hand written abridged or the full poem expected by those sitting in the pews? Either way an explanation was going to be required, thanks Aunty!

The evening with son and my two oldes granddaughters brightened up a somewhat difficult day.

Dressing up their long suffering, scruffy, badly constructed but much loved dog. Here is the outfit I voted for....
View attachment 38093

Apparently they take him long walks dressed so and he puts up with it.

Then being aware I am behind on my daily painting I convinced them to help me create a picture, we decided on Frost on Cow Parsley which seems to grow profusely along their lane. I had some heavy watercolour paper and so loaning their paints they helped paint the blue background. After the paper had dried we scratched off the paint to show the white paper and form the Cow Parsley, so joint effort. A4 size.
View attachment 38095
Then the oldes insisted on telling me this rhyme.... sorry all you cat lovers, but it is so true....

Quick, quick the cats been sick.
Where, where?
Under the chair.
To late, to late, ''tis all in vain.
The cat has licked it up again.

She really isn't a horrid child, honest. :joyful:

Just done loads of food prep as tomorrow may be Burns night but here it's a jam session for 16 musicians, must be mad. Still at least no bagpipes.

Love the cow parsley @Muddy Cyclist
I like it when it is covered in frost.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 now that’s better. We are out with friends for an Indian meal this evening so I needed a good start. @ianpspurs that is a full on McGarrett score which makes everyone happy. Have a great day with sons and the littlies. @Muddy Cyclist sounds quite a day yesterday but nice ending with the GC. Dog made me laugh, he had such a resigned look. The cow parsley pic is beautiful and so clever to do it involving the GC as well. The cat poem made me glad mine dont do that since they spend a lot of time cuddled up with me, mouse breath is bad enough!
Happy Burns night to all celebrating. Have a great weekend everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 now that’s better. We are out with friends for an Indian meal this evening so I needed a good start. @ianpspurs that is a full on McGarrett score which makes everyone happy. Have a great day with sons and the littlies. @Muddy Cyclist sounds quite a day yesterday but nice ending with the GC. Dog made me laugh, he had such a resigned look. The cow parsley pic is beautiful and so clever to do it involving the GC as well. The cat poem made me glad mine dont do that since they spend a lot of time cuddled up with me, mouse breath is bad enough!
Happy Burns night to all celebrating. Have a great weekend everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Told you the higher numbers were a blip and normal service would be restored but delighted to be able to say told you so. Thanks for the good wishes for today. Added bonus is No1 son and his 2 are staying tonight - Julie had a late message. I may shoot off and see if there are any freshly shot Haggis/Haggises or Haggi at the Croc farm. Enjoy the Indian - Sioux or Cherokee?:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking of starting a libre sensor graphs thread to help everyone including non users understand blood sugars a little more, although one may already exist. What are your thoughts? To include what was eaten, exercise, stress, illness and anything that can effect them.

That could be useful. I find that if I keep away from carbs, especially during the evening, my graph stays reasonably flat, unlike the roller coaster ride if carbs are gobbled down.
You also get a good picture of any dawn phenomenon, illustrating that taking a reading even five minutes after waking can give you quite a fright when there may be nothing to worry about. I can get my blood sugars from about 4 up to 6 just by a very brisk 30 minute walk.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I googled the Freestyle Libre but couldn't find any info on how it actually works. Is it something you wear? Do you apply it, or does your doctor install it? Its website didn't give details.
It arrives with and individual applicator. Simply swab the application site with the enclosed swabs and apply. This little video explains it better.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.9 today.

@gennepher good painting like the atmosphere you have captured. As well as a calendar maybe we should encourage @jjraak to write a science fiction or mythical book and you could illustrate it.

@ianpspurs you now have me wondering if I should join you on the haggis shoot and serve some at tonight's jam session. We have a huge piece of beef and a ham to cook but maybe haggis should be on the table also.

Lots to do as Mrs MC likes the house spik and span for the jam sessions.

Enjoy the day.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That could be useful. I find that if I keep away from carbs, especially during the evening, my graph stays reasonably flat, unlike the roller coaster ride if carbs are gobbled down.
You also get a good picture of any dawn phenomenon, illustrating that taking a reading even five minutes after waking can give you quite a fright when there may be nothing to worry about. I can get my blood sugars from about 4 up to 6 just by a very brisk 30 minute walk.
I know the feeling. Was chuffed with my 4.8 fbs this mirning. Did it again a few mins later and not so happy. But I think I might get a thread going, maybe start 1st Feb. Good time to do it as I'm going to be testing the eatwell plate to support my DUK complaint case. Probably nowhere near the 14 days I initially planned. Maybe even just one of their meals a day for 7 days. Haven't decided yet anyway, must dash, I've got a very important date with my running shoes :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-081904_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-081904_LibreLink.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 210

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Told you the higher numbers were a blip and normal service would be restored but delighted to be able to say told you so. Thanks for the good wishes for today. Added bonus is No1 son and his 2 are staying tonight - Julie had a late message. I may shoot off and see if there are any freshly shot Haggis/Haggises or Haggi =at the Croc farm. Enjoy the Indian - Sioux or Cherokee?:angelic:
Good luck finding a shot Haggis at the croc farm. (Cant believe I just said that). I hear on the news Vegan Haggis is all the rage this year. Bangladeshi most likely! Have fun.