Low Carb Program referral via GP

Devonmade

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
meat
I was diagnosed last year and have done well. I have lost weight but want to continue with that now but it is stubborn. I did notice on the Low Carb Programme (recommended on here and by GP) that if you have a referral via a GP, you can have a free subscription. I have tried unsuccessfully to try and find out if my commissioning area supports this, but failed. I asked the GP and he said he hadnt even heard of it but also said if I could find out who to contact and what he needed to do, he would support it. Has anyone else done this and if so, how did you do it please? thank you

Reactions: Antje77

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I was assuming it was the lc prog.

Reactions: Devonmade

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed last year and have done well. I have lost weight but want to continue with that now but it is stubborn. I did notice on the Low Carb Programme (recommended on here and by GP) that if you have a referral via a GP, you can have a free subscription. I have tried unsuccessfully to try and find out if my commissioning area supports this, but failed. I asked the GP and he said he hadnt even heard of it but also said if I could find out who to contact and what he needed to do, he would support it. Has anyone else done this and if so, how did you do it please? thank you
It will be your Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) that is already funding the GP practice. They control the purse strings. Your GP practice should have a Practice Manager who does the main admin tasking. Failing that there may be a Patients Participation Group to contact or I believe PALS is still running but mainly attached to the Hospitals, no longer Primaty Care.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Devonmade, if your GP, or practise manager would contact [email protected] their message will be directed to the correct person, who will tell them what they need to do.

Your GP/Health Care Professionals might find this page interesting and informative: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/nhs/

Whilst we know who DietDoctor is, this is a different organisation, albeit the same aims, in terms of improving individuals' health outcomes, with particular reference to diabetes and metabolic conditions.

Thanks for the tag, @Diakat

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I edited my question, but the GP originally referred me to diet doctor, but yes, low carb program
Devonmade, would you like me to alter the title of your thread? I (or any of the Mods) can do this for you, but it isn't something you can't do for yourself.