Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Love this post xxx

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jo we adopted our two aged 5 months and 9 months several years ago and they had come from a cruel home. One of them was extremely “damaged” but with patience and love and calm we gradually won her trust and they are both so lovable now. Good luck!
Thank you! Our last two cats were "undesirables" too, according to the pound... Night had been with a man with senile dementia, so he never knew when and if he was going to be fed, get water, that sort of thing. He'd just forget about him. He'd also get aggressive, so Night wasn't exactly trusting. Mouse came from the streets, where she'd been kicked and stoned by a group of children. It took forever before she'd let us pet her, and by then we could feel where her ribs had been broken and knit back together. Heartbreaking. It took a while for her to really trust us, but at least she had Night to be her champion, when they met one another at the pound. We know it'll take a long time with these two as well, but that's alright. We've got all the time in the world. :)

mouseee

We just got our first cat yesterday. Husband had cats growing up, me, none. She's an almost rescue cat. Rehoming her as the old cat didn't want her around.
We do!
Only had her over night and she's already checking where all the humans are on a regular basis and found her favourite dosing spot is my daughters bed!
She did wake me up several times mewing. It's like having a newborn!

richf

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
rainy days
Brunneria thanks for starting this thread. I have read all posts a couple of times. I think I may have fallen off and actually lost my wagon and feel somewhat ashamed about it.
Earlier in the year my other half was diagnosed with cancer, had 2 operations in 12 hours and it has been an uphill struggle but now after various tests and scans there is no sign of it at the moment.
So we can both get on with our lives. During the last few months my diet has been grab what you can when you can and looking back I have undone a lot of previous effort. So after reading the above posts from others I feel even more determined to get back on track and Saturday will be my start day after shopping tomorrow evening.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great idea Brunneria! I have kept low carb and my blood sugars have behaved, however I have over indulged on the amount of food, cream and cheese in particular, so I haven’t yet dared to step on the scales! Need to reign it back but first New Year, hubby’s birthday, a weekend away with friends and a family holiday, all in January! There’s always February?! :joyful:
Edit for typo

I risked the scales this morning and am pleased to report the damage is not too shocking! Just a kilo on!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So pleased to see this thread! My particular wagon hitched up and left without me too long ago (to my shame)

Roy Taylor's articles in the Daily Mail and an appointment for a 3D eye scan has forced my oh so stupid head back into the "let's sort this" space. My niggling worry at being checked at Diabetic Clinic only once a year (was every 6 months) is also forcing me to get a grip.

So, as someone mentioned, we can't do anything about the past - just move forward with positivity!

Serious, yes SERIOUS, regime with VLCD and daily walking to knock this weight back off (nothing tastes better than the feeling of being slim - my mantra from now on) but more important reverse this condition - again :( - for good this time.

Good Luck all! Gotta go - can't type and drive this racing wagon -

Reactions: Lotties

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I really like this thread- it reminds me of how supportive people here are.

It was my first Christmas since my diagnosis- we usually host my extended family and have a carb fest- we didn't this Christmas - I had a good excuse as we are hosting a family event this weekend. We also changed radically our traditional food- not sure about next Christmas but too early to worry yet.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and not in a good way. These threads are awesome in reminding me that a 'fall of the wagon' can happen but it doesn't mean you have to stay off the wagon- it doesn't mean that you have failed.

This site is amazing

Cozmicpurple

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not sure I fell off it or just didn't manage to get on in the first place.

I just can't seem to get motivated. Know what I should be doing but can't seem to keep it up, as for exercise can't seem to get started.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I fell off it or just didn't manage to get on in the first place.

I just can't seem to get motivated. Know what I should be doing but can't seem to keep it up, as for exercise can't seem to get started.

Any help would be appreciated.

you are not the only one. I bet that 50 people will read your post who have the same experience.

I suggest you change one thing at a time, and for every step you take, commit to not stepping backwards.

for instance, take breakfast.
No idea what you currently eat, but Just switch to lower carb.
If you eat bread or cereal, switch to low carb versions, or switch to any combo of protein (such as egg n bacon, or sausages, or smoked salmon, or greek yoghurt).

try that for a while, then take the next step, lunch...