Ill food

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Not sure if just me but before diagnosis if I was Ill I’d always go fir something simple.

pot noodle, soup, noodles chips toast.

I’m laying here desperately wanting Ill food. I can’t be bothered to cook and I want Ill food.
What do you guys do instead when feeling ill?

I know I can’t have it but I don’t know what else to have. Nothing else I fancy

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello my mum use to make me drink chicken/ bone broth as a kid with soft veggies.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Not sure if just me but before diagnosis if I was Ill I’d always go fir something simple.

pot noodle, soup, noodles chips toast.

I’m laying here desperately wanting Ill food. I can’t be bothered to cook and I want Ill food.
What do you guys do instead when feeling ill?

I know I can’t have it but I don’t know what else to have. Nothing else I fancy

Scrambled eggs, soup, yogurt, if you can handle it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled eggs - two minutes to make, then grate some cheese, mix in and let it melt - if you have a tomato to hand you can slice it thinly and put it on top. Very comforting. You could even do two slices of Livlife bread toast to eat with it.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Scrambled eggs, soup, yogurt, if you can handle it.

I think it’s more food that is quick and no fuss.
Don’t really eat yoghurt anymore
My soup is out of date as cooked that last week
Don’t fancy eggs I had that at brekkie.

think things like noodles and pasta are my go to because they take 0 effort.

it could also be my cravings are kicking in big time. Very unnecessary and particularly mean if my body given I’m already poorly!

Bassard

I think it’s more food that is quick and no fuss.
Don’t really eat yoghurt anymore
My soup is out of date as cooked that last week
Don’t fancy eggs I had that at brekkie.

think things like noodles and pasta are my go to because they take 0 effort.

it could also be my cravings are kicking in big time. Very unnecessary and particularly mean if my body given I’m already poorly!
No don't eat noodles and pasta way too many carbohydrates

edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

We have precooked meals in the freezer most of the time, it's easy to pull something out and nuke it.

Having the sniffles / cold is not an excuse to lay around in bed hoping someone will feed you, it would not work with my partner...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@woollygal - soup in the IP is as easy as easy can be, if you're feeling "meh".

Some stock (I always have home made veggie stock I need the fridge, so a couple of decent dollops of tha, plus water), some fridge bottom veg - prepped minimally (carrots topped and tailed if using, just as an examp), or frozen veg - anything, or even mixed veg. Any seasonings you fancy. Obviously if you have any leftover meats, cold meats or bacon, or even a frozen chicken portion they could go in.

Lock down the lid, set to soup, recline on sofa mopping brow. After the magic pings, ignore it until you are ready to eat.

Depending on which veg and how chunky the lumpy bits were, either stick blend or potato masher it, and service. Any not eaten can stay on Keep Warm for later, or kept in the fridge or freezer for tomorrow.

The cauldron is so great for this sort of thing.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
@woollygal - soup in the IP is as easy as easy can be, if you're feeling "meh".

Some stock (I always have home made veggie stock I need the fridge, so a couple of decent dollops of tha, plus water), some fridge bottom veg - prepped minimally (carrots topped and tailed if using, just as an examp), or frozen veg - anything, or even mixed veg. Any seasonings you fancy. Obviously if you have any leftover meats, cold meats or bacon, or even a frozen chicken portion they could go in.

Lock down the lid, set to soup, recline on sofa mopping brow. After the magic pings, ignore it until you are ready to eat.

Depending on which veg and how chunky the lumpy bits were, either stick blend or potato masher it, and service. Any not eaten can stay on Keep Warm for later, or kept in the fridge or freezer for tomorrow.

The cauldron is so great for this sort of thing.

problem is I have no appetite fir my good diet. I am happy to eat but only my Ill food. I haven’t eaten it. I’m forcing my usual food in but it is an effort.

still seriously craving today so am having celeriac chips tonight. Hoping the salt and vinegar will will be enough to convince my body it’s having chips!!

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
We have precooked meals in the freezer most of the time, it's easy to pull something out and nuke it.

Having the sniffles / cold is not an excuse to lay around in bed hoping someone will feed you, it would not work with my partner...
It’s not just the sniffles and I’m not lying around in bed.
I’m working as much as I can and I’m single do no nothing gets done unless I do it.
I’m self employed so time off is unpaid.
So for me to take time off generally I’m sick.

M

Member496333

Lamb's liver fried rare in butter. Minimum effort, maximum nutrients. Just what the body needs when fighting illness.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Lamb's liver fried rare in butter. Minimum effort, maximum nutrients. Just what the body needs when fighting illness.

think I’d rather go hungry!

My body is really playing silly beggars. Last week moved up to 90% chocolate as I preferred it to 85%. Today absolutely disgusting and if I hadn’t been out in public would have spat it out.
Honestly! This body is determined to have sugar.

M

Member496333

think I’d rather go hungry!

My body is really playing silly beggars. Last week moved up to 90% chocolate as I preferred it to 85%. Today absolutely disgusting and if I hadn’t been out in public would have spat it out.
Honestly! This body is determined to have sugar.

Fair enough :cool:

Honeyend

When I was poorly I lived on miso soup, not cheap but I loved the salt in it and its just a hot drink with a bit of seaweed.