TRYING TO BRING DOWN GLUCOSE LEVELS

DAZLER1970

hi

im hoping someone can help me.

i have been type 2 diabetic for probably 10 years but ive never got a handle on my blood levels and generally my HBA1C's are bad.
i have been advised the next stop for me if i dont lower them is insulin injections.
i think finally i have realised im not mortal and have really made an effort the past week or 2 to change my diet and stay away from carbs and sugar as much as possible.

so i have been testing and the first day i tested my blood before eating or drinking anything in the morning was just under 20. i am now testing at the same time at 13.4 but through parts of the day its lowe.

my question is 2 fold and im hoping someone can help

1 will these reading continue to drop over time if i continue to eat and excessive as i am?

2 when should i test my blood before after how long before or after?

hope someone can give me some guidance

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
What are you eating and drinking through the day? You will be surprised at what food contains carbs!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You should test before you eat and again 2 hours after the first bite. If the rise is more than 2 then there were too many carbs.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you aren't achieving the desired HbA1c and you are not on insulin, it only leaves the food choices you are making...

if you limit the carbs, your numbers should come down and stabilize.....although medication (oral) may still be needed to deal with your basal needs.....

as mentioned, before eating and 1.5 to 2 hours after eating should give you a good idea as to whether certain foods are good or bad for you.....and of course, a reading before bed and upon waking will also provide useful information.....

best of luck and well done for the effort....