Type 2 My levels

Dbp76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed few weeks ago type 2 diabetes am on Gliclazide twice a day I feel tried faint sleepy legs shake side to side feel terrible my levels are high the lowest 14.3 just now done my prick test 23 I felt like my eyes where rolling in the back of my head can’t see my gp till Friday any advice help please

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
what kind of things are you eating day in day out? xx

Dbp76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am eating as less sugar as possible for meals slimming world meals

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You do realise you diabetes isn't just about avoiding sugar right? Diabetics don't tolerate carbohydrates as carbohydrates turn to glucose in the body so things like bread, potatoes, cereal, pasta/rice etc should be eaten either in small portions if your blood glucose copes with them but many find they have to cut carbs out of their diet xx

M

Member496333

That sounds very serious. Since I doubt you have anything to hand for testing ketones, I recommend calling an ambulance. Now.

EDIT: Ketoacidosis kills. Better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dbp76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You do realise you diabetes isn't just about avoiding sugar right? Diabetics don't tolerate carbohydrates as carbohydrates turn to glucose in the body so things like bread, potatoes, cereal, pasta/rice etc should be eaten either in small portions if your blood glucose copes with them but many find they have to cut carbs out of their diet xx

I don’t know anything my gp has not told me anything

Dbp76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds very serious. Since I doubt you have anything to hand for testing ketones, I recommend calling an ambulance. Now.

EDIT: Ketoacidosis kills. Better to be safe than sorry.

Really because I don’t wanna look on goggle as it can be false and scary but u saying that now that is scary

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know form the other thread you have quite a sweet tooth. Have you cut out all the Chocolate, Lucazade, fruit juice?

You might want to look at Jims advice - numbers that high can cause Ketoacidosis which can be fatal.

**If you can get to a pharmacy you can get test strips for Ketones - if you dont feel well enough to do that then you should really think about the hospital.

Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

Really because I don’t wanna look on goggle as it can be false and scary but u saying that now that is scary

I'd rather scare you than the alternative. The symptoms you describe sound very serious to me, and combined with very high sugars can indicate ketoacidosis. You may be a misdiagnosed type 1. Don't look it up, just seek medical assistance now. Please.

Dbp76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know form the other thread you have quite a sweet tooth. Have you cut out all the Chocolate, Lucazade, fruit juice?

You might want to look at Jims advice - numbers that high can cause Ketoacidosis which can be fatal.

**If you can get to a pharmacy you can get test strips for Ketones - if you dont feel well enough to do that then you should really think about the hospital.

I haven’t had any think any less I felt bad then I’ve had choc or lucazade

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven’t had any think any less I felt bad then I’ve had choc or lucazade
Unless your testing your blood and its lower then 5 you shouldn't be having any choc or lucazade. Your just pushing your numbers up every time they fall.

Unfortunately as your numbers come down you can feel unwell as your body may be used to living with very high blood sugars, you have to be testing to see what your numbers are. If your feeling unwell but you numbers are 13, if you reach for the sugar your numbers will go shooting back up to 20 and never come down.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetic ketoacidocis *is* scary. I hope you've called for help by now. Better to call help and not need it than to never ever need anyone's help again.

We're usually a friendly bunch of optimists who'll tell someone everything'll be fine. But you need help. So please do take it seriously. Make the call. We're not trolling you.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you can tell us what you eat in a typical day, we may be able to suggest alternatives.

Slimming World will do you no favours. They are not qualified to tell T2s what to eat.

It's scary at first, once you are a little more educated, you will settle into slightly different way of living and your numbers will come down.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
just now done my prick test 23 I felt like my eyes where rolling in the back of my head can’t see my gp till Friday
Please call 111 for advice if you haven't done so already. Better safe than sorry.
Wish you all the best!

Dbp76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please call 111 for advice if you haven't done so already. Better safe than sorry.
Wish you all the best!

Just got the phone to them going a&e thank you every one for your time and advice