XDrip + Samsung Galaxy Active Watch

JohnMitchell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get xDrip+ working on a Samsung Galaxy Active Watch?
I use Xdrip+ on Android and send data to Nightscout, also have another Android phone connected to Nightscout.

Cheers, John

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You won't be able to use xdrip+ on any Galaxy watch as they use their own Tizen OS. You need a watch that uses wear OS. I have a ticwatch which is perfect for the job.

JohnMitchell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Muneeb.

I just found a post which seems to indicate it might be possible. See comment from Osoblu.
I will post the link in another comment below (this forum has a funny spam protection that is preventing me from posting links until i have posted 3 comments. Go figure...

JohnMitchell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here is the URL forum.fudiabetes.org/t/xdrip-and-samsung-galaxy-watch-active/7163 (just add https:// to the front).
What do you think?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I know people have come up with ways of making xDrip provide data to a Samsung watch. It's a little involved, but it works better than Wearable Widgets. I'd take a look on the Facebook xDrip group - you should be able to find it there.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Do a google search

You can use an app that reads notifications to tasker as a variable

Then use watchmaker app to design or download a watch face that shows the tasker variable

I did find a page with detailed setup instructions if I find the link I will post but you should be able to locate it yourself

Watchmaker work quite well