Winter Doldrums

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey there folks! The good news : blood sugars are all normal, I am totally used to the LCHF diet 16/8 IF after almost 2 years, sweet tooth is pretty much tamed and I managed to maintain the weight loss with the exception of 4-5 extra winter pounds. The bad news: I can't seem to budge my weight any lower. I suppose I could try a longer fast but somehow my enthusiasm for that is about zero. Exercise is 30 minutes treadmill most days and weekly swim...too wet for our usual cycling. Any tips or commiseration fully appreciated.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Gran25

I am very much for getting outdoors during winter months for fresh air, it’s better for our health to be outdoors exercising and doing a min of 10,000 steps a day so country walks, parks, any where green and clocking some miles up, staying indoors depresses me but getting outside really does work.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey there folks! The good news : blood sugars are all normal, I am totally used to the LCHF diet 16/8 IF after almost 2 years, sweet tooth is pretty much tamed and I managed to maintain the weight loss with the exception of 4-5 extra winter pounds. The bad news: I can't seem to budge my weight any lower. I suppose I could try a longer fast but somehow my enthusiasm for that is about zero. Exercise is 30 minutes treadmill most days and weekly swim...too wet for our usual cycling. Any tips or commiseration fully appreciated.

First ... many congratulations on all your successes..

How much more do you want to lose... I say "want" specifically because my body refuses to drop the final 20 pounds that I would like it to... its almost as if it has been programmed to stay around 200 pounds.

M

Member496333

...my body refuses to drop the final 20 pounds that I would like it to... its almost as if it has been programmed to stay around 200 pounds.

Homeostasis innit. If glucose and insulin are flatline, and you only eat when you're hungry, then my money is on that being your fighting weight :cool:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Homeostasis innit. If glucose and insulin are flatline, and you only eat when you're hungry, then my money is on that being your fighting weight :cool:
Yeah I know.. bit of a pain as I really want to be a bit lighter.. maybe egg fast february will help...

well alternate day EFF (ADEFF) starting monday though

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I am lucky to be able to get out cycling at the moment, and that seems to be helping my penance for indulgence over the holidays.
I am creeping closer to my target weight and have been encouraged by the experience of others to try and get even lower (if it is possible).
We shall see what February brings.

Well done, and keep up the good work.

Reactions: Gran25

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First ... many congratulations on all your successes..

How much more do you want to lose... I say "want" specifically because my body refuses to drop the final 20 pounds that I would like it to... its almost as if it has been programmed to stay around 200 pounds.
Hmmm.. as much as I know that numbers are just numbers, I would like to get below 200 lbs...

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, team! I needed that little bit of cheering on and I will give the idea of outdoor exercise a try, get out the umbrella and the wellies and see how that goes. The dreary weather sort of makes positive thinking a little harder.