Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
You got a cupboard??!!

I can only dream of having a cupboard..
I keep my non insulin supplies in an A4 sized wicker shoe box style container. Normally used for office paperwork.

View attachment 38257

You had a wicker shoe box style container.....LUXURY
When I was a kid......................:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have a cupboard and the "butter" shelf in the fridge. We needed a new fridge a few years ago and I was looking inside them with a box on Novosluggish pens to measure up the butter holding bits OR as it is known now the Vial storage :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
why oh why did i have toast for breakfast never normally do as the rise of a morning is ridiculous regardless of amounts of insulin i give went from a 5.4 to 16.2 although coming down now at 10 ate at 7.30am so will add a couple of units any other time of day i can eat toast no problem . i use salad draw in the fridge for insulin nestled between my bottles of corona ;)and i have a drawer for everything else :)

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well I thought it might not last, and it didn’t. Got up to a miserable 14.3 at bedtime and the huge bolus, MM off as constant alerts and the high-headache were too much. Down to 6.7 when I woke at 2am so fingers crossed for today. There’s a seriously tempting brownie from the best cafe in this East Midlands place waiting to tempt me away from the straight and narrow.
Yesterday wasn’t too bad though, all jobs arranged here completed and a new sensor soaking.
I keep my meds in an empty baked bean tin, it’s amazing how much the diagenie can fit in it.

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You had a wicker shoe box style container.....LUXURY
When I was a kid......................:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Yes I have..! I'm collecting them..?
I can only dreeeeeeeam of a full sized casket when I shuffle off this mortal coil. ;)

image.jpeg

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who would have thought a well ordered medical drawer would lead to caskets for burial

Reactions: porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Utterly Repentant Young Vampire. Japes' Well-honed and Polished Riot Act reading skills for the win!! Mind you, parents and carers evening is soon and I will be meeting the YV's parents. :D I may have gently mentioned this..... several times.

I am about to finish off the last two cup cakes from the gluten free and the lactose free experiments. I need cake. I am also contemplating tomorrow's long walk route.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just in case any of our younger forumers are wondering what we are talking about medical drawers, cupboards, you were lucky etc, all inspired by Monty Python and the great Terry Jones who died earlier this week

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Due to a shocking lack of drawers and an excess of cupboard space in the kitchen, in the Japes' abode, it's a medical cupboard + part of the top shelf of the fridge. All out of reach of any small people who may wander this way!

I was never entirely sure why the contents of my cupboards were so fascinating to two children who regularly visited when they were small but they were. The younger one continues to takes a keen interest in all matters of food and my diet is very different from their family's way of eating. We're probably due another baking session!

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just in case any of our younger forumers are wondering what we are talking about medical drawers, cupboards, you were lucky etc, all inspired by Monty Python and the great Terry Jones who died earlier this week

A little younger than yourself @smc4761 , (51.) caught a fair few late night re-runs on TV whilst fixing hypos in my youth..
Timeless. Lol, a couple of years back. I was in the basement of HMV & actually heard a 12 year old beg his mum to buy "life of Brian" on DVD.
Lol, I think I managed to see film this when I was about the same age..

Python inspired the next generation of greats too. :)

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to prove my point about 'tidy' - insulin on top shelf of fridge; needles & lancet drums in cupboard in the utility room above the eggs; test strips in a bedroom drawer with some other pills (which are separate from the pills in a different cupboard in theutility). Works for me :D

Reactions: porl69 and therower