What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are all hubstas the same do you think or have we just chosen similar models?
If you ignore the manufacturers manuals you can hardly complain. . Most models contain explicit warnings not to attempt conversation whilst sport is being watched, discussed or contemplated. For years of optimal performance locate in a dedicated environment free of distractions. Hubstas are often hand reared by dedicated ladies known as mums. These wonderful ladies are often more than willing to share their wisdom on how to create the optimal environment. Their after sales service is usually amazing:angelic:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow thats exciting news for you..its all happening today what with you and @ianpspurs on the move. I would love to come up on the roof and Mr PM would love to show off his blazing skills I’m sure but I would bring my fire extinguisher to be on the safe side. Please think carefully about a Futon we bought one for a previous home and it was very uncomfortable to sleep on. Would it work to keep your bed base and buy a new mattress, maybe? Wow what a day!

Thank you for the info about the futon. I have actually only slept on a couple, the last one was very hard and it was only for one night. Not exactly a good trial period. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Freezer stress continues.
Display reads -25 thermometer inside +6
All the food is probably waste, but the real issue is the freezer /fridge, less than six months old and €€€€
Off to the store we bought it from tomorrow morning. However it being Saturday not expecting them to send engineer immediately.

Stress, Wine and then MrSlims Chocolates probably screwed FBG as well.

Reactions: DJC3

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good evening chums. I test each day then note my results in my excel file.. the exciting news is that I’ve just done my January analysis and created my February file and folder. My January averages were
AM... 5.2
Lunch... 5.7
Bed... 5.4
Happy times...
so onwards to February

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All the food is probably waste, but the real issue is the freezer /fridge, less than six months old and €€€€
Off to the store we bought it from tomorrow morning. However it being Saturday not expecting them to send engineer immediately.

What a pain. Hopefully it is still under warranty. And hopefully the wine and chocolates will help cure the stress. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late-night thoughts ...

Why is it considered "safe" -- even "good" -- to sleep on a foam pillow and sit (and sleep) on foam-filled sofa cushions, while foam mattresses are reputed to release toxic chemicals into the air the minute they are brought into the home?

Does that make sense to you?
Just wondering ...

t57095.gif
t2202.gif
t2239.gif

t3609.gif
t2236.gif
t3612.gif

t57091.gif

t2220.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all - especially you @trick60 preparing for work. 5.1 today - ok I guess. There is still a whole day for bg to travel higher and a day's LC food to endure before I can wake too early and enjoy all this again. Psalm 68 V 18. A day to commemorate Brigid, Abess of Kildare. Have a great day

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.6 on the dice today. Good to hear your news on the move @SaskiaKC hope it all moves along swiftly and smoothly, exciting times ahead.

Hot cross buns a distant memory now, but either toasted with butter or straight out of the packet, I'd prefer a pic of the blowtorch now, did it have an ignitor button on the handle and will it work at different angles so as to avoid flaring, I do love a new tool, if anyone buys any new kit at work there is often a crowd scene as it comes out of the box with oohs and ahhs like kids at Christmas.

@SlimLizzy have you turned the fridge off for a couple of days and thoroughly defrosted it, sometimes that does the trick, but fridges can easily be damaged if they are moved whilst still frozen, I know you've had the builders in, have they been heaving it around, anyway hope you get it sorted.

Good morning Ian, yes off out in a minute, site shuts at 1.00pm so should be back for the rugby.

Have a lovely day all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.6 on the dice today. Good to hear your news on the move @SaskiaKC hope it all moves along swiftly and smoothly, exciting times ahead.

Hot cross buns a distant memory now, but either toasted with butter or straight out of the packet, I'd prefer a pic of the blowtorch now, did it have an ignitor button on the handle and will it work at different angles so as to avoid flaring, I do love a new tool, if anyone buys any new kit at work there is often a crowd scene as it comes out of the box with oohs and ahhs like kids at Christmas.

@SlimLizzy have you turned the fridge off for a couple of days and thoroughly defrosted it, sometimes that does the trick, but fridges can easily be damaged if they are moved whilst still frozen, I know you've had the builders in, have they been heaving it around, anyway hope you get it sorted.

Good morning Ian, yes off out in a minute, site shuts at 1.00pm so should be back for the rugby.

Have a lovely day all.
Here ya go https://www.screwfix.com/p/bernzomatic-propane-mapp-gas-trigger-start-brazing-torch/71976

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you ignore the manufacturers manuals you can hardly complain. . Most models contain explicit warnings not to attempt conversation whilst sport is being watched, discussed or contemplated. For years of optimal performance locate in a dedicated environment free of distractions. Hubstas are often hand reared by dedicated ladies known as mums. These wonderful ladies are often more than willing to share their wisdom on how to create the optimal environment. Their after sales service is usually amazing:angelic:

Ah but mine fooled me as the need for dedicated man time only appeared after he retired or was that after I retired....

Had a small glass of wine last night so bloods 4.8 this morning.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry to hear about your freezer problems hope you get things sorted quickly.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning. Had hoped that my pancreas and liver hadn't noticed a too much cream day yesterday. Unfortunately they were on high alert and spotted it. They always do and I can never get away with it.

Doggie walk shortly - then off to work. I finish at 3pm today so looking forward to an evening relaxing - minus the cream.