Today’s carbs.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs today...........ran out of fingers and toes.....usual breakfast (60g carbs), and then it all went to cake......:joyful:......followed by last nights left over pasta dish for lunch and tonight I think it's Mexican, if I end up on the sameish BG number I started on today I suppose I could work out the carbs from the number of units I've had.......ball park figure?......lots!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rasps and yoghurt
2 slices whole meal seeded bread with a topping of
4 rashers bacon
2 fried eggs
Patterson’s chutney (a Grimsby chutney always stock up on visits home)
Orange
Oatie biscuit
Olives

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 .
Patterson’s chutney??????? Tell more.
A rapid drop after gym hence 4 jelly babies and a good slice of malt loaf.
Dinner was soup and French stick. New England butternut squash it said on the front label, wish I had turned it around. Back of label.....”with added cumin for warmth”. Not overly keen on spicy and the soup tasted more like curry sauce. The most annoying thing is that it now feels like a wasted meal.
Will have to make tomorrow’s full English extra special.

Reactions: kaylz91

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Patterson’s was a local Grimsby factory which made chutneys and pickles. They were taken over some years ago by some company not local, but they must have bought the recipe and produce and sell it. But only around that area. It is our favourite. Not too harsh, and it is just made to go with a fry up.

Reactions: therower

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - same old
Dinner - Milano salami sandwich and dark chocolate ginger (7 slices salami!)
Tea - 2 minute steaks, baby potatoes, roasted sprouts, onion gravy and a square lindt 90%
xx

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is my favourite thread to lurk in - I’m keto but I’m absolutely loving reading and tasting vicariously all the yummy carbs you are all having - I’m what you call a “feeder” so love seeing people enjoy their food no matter what it is :);)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Worked out I must have had about 250g of carbs today! Yeah ended the day on the same number I started on so I’m happyish - I could of bolused better and not corrected later as much as I had to.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Today I've had porridge made with soya milk, 3 bourbon biscuits, a spoonful of peanut butter, a madeleine and an instant pasta pot, I should probably eat some fruit or vegetables as I haven't had a single one today, but have had plenty of rubbish :meh:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After tonight’s soup let down and a breezy one hour walk I had to deal with a low.
Found 3 rashers of bacon in the fridge . OH left them there yesterday, she had bacon sarnies but didn’t use all the bacon.
Lucky me;). A few seconds in the microwave and the resulting bacon sarnie has been delicious.
A few biscuits ( rich teas ) with a cup of coffee , just to be on the safe side and I should be good to go for the night.:)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
After tonight’s soup let down and a breezy one hour walk I had to deal with a low.
Found 3 rashers of bacon in the fridge . OH left them there yesterday, she had bacon sarnies but didn’t use all the bacon.
Lucky me;). A few seconds in the microwave and the resulting bacon sarnie has been delicious.
A few biscuits ( rich teas ) with a cup of coffee , just to be on the safe side and I should be good to go for the night.:)

Bacon mmmmmmmmm

I’ve had a sausage butty Friday brekky

Chicken Spuds n veg for dinner

Cream crackers and Red Leicester around 9pm

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: typical berry smoothie. Golden (tumeric) latte
L: “Mediterranean plate” at the restaurant. Toasted Pita bread, olives, fresh mozzarella, red pepper, and hummus.. small salad.
D: homemade split pea soup, plus 2 added handfuls of kale as I was light on My goal for leafy greens for the day.. 2 pieces Ezekiel bread, toasted as croutons.
3 mile run :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well today, a bit of a Christmas dinner re run, yum yum!
Rasps and yoghurt (usual 10 carb breakfast)
Satsuma- a bit low pre walk (yesterday’s swimming making its presence known)
Dry Sherry
Roast Pheasant
Chipolata sausages
Roast celeriac
Carrots
Parsnips
Sprouts
Broccoli
Leeks
Peas
Gravy
Rebeccas own Christmas pudding and cream with a dash of brandy. (An old diabetic sugar free counted version)
Half a bottle of red wine
Prosecco
10 units taken for the lot. Sitting on a 5.9 with no rise above my 8.5 blue line limit on the Libre 4 hours later. A win win I would say.
May have a whisky later ( a treat after a manic week )

Reactions: sleepster

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Full English breakfast. Egg, bacon, tomatoes, beans, sausage, hash brown, black pudding, toast and fried bread.
All accompanied by a large latte.
Total carbs? Erm....... Guesstimated and following the 4 feet on floor 90 mins previously I followed up with a further 10 units.
Seemed there or there about. Highest BS was 9.7 and then came down again. I’ll take that.
Evening dinner is yet to be decided, in all honesty not overly hungry so maybe something snacky will suffice.

Reactions: sleepster

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, I had my shake this morning 15g and now I finished McDonald’s, half a burger and large fries, I’m guessing 50g, with a diet sprite :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same old brekkie of porridge, with sprinkling of cinnamon 40g
Roll and sausage +egg 30g

Tonight is fun trying to guesstimate. carry out from Indian, which will be about 5 pieces of pakora, 2 popadoms and some spiced onions, about 35 g of carbs ???

Followed by smallish portion of fried rice and Chiken Tikka Bhuna maybe 40/50 g of carbs

Will do a dual bolus over 3 hours on pump

ooooh followed by a cheeky wee bottle of Pinot

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before bed last night I had some carrot and celery sticks since I had been lacking in the vegetable department!
Today I've had a banana, an m&s chicken and bacon caesar wrap, 2 cheese and onion crispbakes with half a tin of baked beans, a madeleine cake (I don't eat these every day, I bought a box of them from costco a while ago and realised last week they were best before the end of December!) and I'm going to have an apple. Tea and water to drink :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I added 100g of green grapes, 15g, 1 small jazz apple, 8g and two boiled eggs, which I’m assuming 2-3g for both :)