Type 2 Smoking

taxi lee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mazza. I got my A1c down to 46 after 6 months of being diagnosed.. first diagnosis was 94.. then kept it pretty stable for over a year.. and now it's just crept back up.
Out of curiosity what level did you get your A1c down to after being diagnosed? My levels sometimes goes high for what seems like no reason at all. I find sometimes if I increase my carbs just a little, they actually come down. Maybe your body is producing extra sugar as it needs the energy. I'm still learning about this disease, so what works for me might not work for you. I think some more experienced people on here might correct me if I'm wrong about that.

taxi lee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Dark Horse

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mazza. I got my A1c down to 46 after 6 months of being diagnosed.. first diagnosis was 94.. then kept it pretty stable for over a year.. and now it's just crept back up.
Well done, that's great. Like others have said it could just be a co-incidence. Obviously stress and worry can have an effect of blood sugars but it does seem to have gone very high. What sort of readings are you getting before and after meals. I did read some research which stated blood sugars can increase for up to 3 years after stopping smoking. As I say mine did get higher for the first 6 months after stopping. Anyway, it's best to rule out LADA or other things that might be going on, so I suppose it's back to the doctors. I hope you can resolve this soon as I can tell you are very pro-active in looking after your health and I know how disappointing it can be when it doesn't seem to play ball. Take care and let us know how you get on.