Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They haven't finished yet and are coming in Mon to wire the boiler.
It's taken so long because a new boiler was installed so drilling thru the wall for the flue, pipes, removing the immersion heater and a whole load of pipes as well as taking out the old boiler which was behind the fire and taking the fire out too. A very big job that's going to cost oodles............. but I've got warm towels, heat and hot water.
BG still beastly

I had much the same down to my home. Removed the old immersion heater, removed the old water tank from the attic, installed a new combi boiler in cupboard downstairs, connected flue to outside wall. I am sure it only took around 2 days. Hope they are not ripping you off.

High BG maybe down to stress with all the work. ? Hope they improve. Big hug

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ all, or is it afternoon yet? Back home now and’ll be doing more or less b all today which is utter bliss to look forward to.
I saw few people wearing face masks on the journey home. The only one on the train from St P to the south east had just come in from Taiwan, a lovely young man who’s here for a language course as part of his MA requirement. He’ll be returning to Taiwan to complete when he’s done here. It’s an MA in chemical Engineering, concentrating on batteries: maybe we’ll be thanking him for better storage and longer lasting devices. Hope so. There was a bit of recoil to his mask in the lift at the station but people relaxed when he pressed the wrong button and he feared he’d broken the lift - joked that the man who was from the country that made much of our tech feared he’d wrecked it.
As a footnote he was surprised we weren’t all wearing face masks here. Discussed hand washing. His face lit up when I pointed him in the direction of the oriental food emporium when we both got off the train here in my home town.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mornin’ all, or is it afternoon yet? Back home now and’ll be doing more or less b all today which is utter bliss to look forward to.
I saw few people wearing face masks on the journey home. The only one on the train from St P to the south east had just come in from Taiwan, a lovely young man who’s here for a language course as part of his MA requirement. He’ll be returning to Taiwan to complete when he’s done here. It’s an MA in chemical Engineering, concentrating on batteries: maybe we’ll be thanking him for better storage and longer lasting devices. Hope so. There was a bit of recoil to his mask in the lift at the station but people relaxed when he pressed the wrong button and he feared he’d broken the lift - joked that the man who was from the country that made much of our tech feared he’d wrecked it.
As a footnote he was surprised we weren’t all wearing face masks here. Discussed hand washing. His face lit up when I pointed him in the direction of the oriental food emporium when we both got off the train here in my home town.

I was discussing this with my best face that face masks might be providing a false sense of security. Like if we have an open wound or an infection can go through our eye balls. I’d be the same telling everyone to wash their hands properly with warm soapy water.
I’d looked into chemical engineering few years ago and it wasn’t for me. But grats to him!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm in SE Asia at the moment. Quite a number of people do the mask thing here, as a meter of course.

Interestingly enough, a few days after arriving, my OH remarked there appeared fewer in masks than in the past.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are milking us for masks though.
IMG_0403.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Old woman who should know better finally clocks the reason she only wants to do b all today.
Husband’s spelt bread for breakfast. Slow-to-absorb carb drops her to 2.3 while the MiaoMiao’s recharging and awaits attachment to a new sensor. Luckily she can’t even be bovvered to swear.

Reactions: Leeannea

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in SE Asia at the moment. Quite a number of people do the mask thing here, as a meter of course.

Interestingly enough, a few days after arriving, my OH remarked there appeared fewer in masks than in the past.

I heard people in HK are not able to buy masks, hand sanitizers etc so there’s not many to go around

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was discussing this with my best face that face masks might be providing a false sense of security. Like if we have an open wound or an infection can go through our eye balls. I’d be the same telling everyone to wash their hands properly with warm soapy water.
I’d looked into chemical engineering few years ago and it wasn’t for me. But grats to him!

Worn for any amount of time, the masks, particularly the favoured disposable, paper style, very quickly become damp from the breath and create a mini incubator.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I heard people in HK are not able to buy masks, hand sanitizers etc so there’s not many to go around

There are still plenty here, and on Lazada (A bit like eBay). The local pharmacy had boxes of masks on the counter, when I was in briefly yesterday. I won't be buying any though.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wonder how much difference the masks really make.
Lovely Taiwanese young man and I also discussed the way humans are taking over the planet and our fear at being part of a potential righting of the situation. I said I admired the evolutionary speed of viruses but from a observer’s view, not a sufferer’s.
I’m tempted to revive the old scuba gear. How do you think they’d react in Lidl?

Reactions: Robinredbreast

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon. Feeling rubbish due to a not-flu-but-flu-like-lurgy, have missed my weekend in North Wales with my favourite and in the world (but did get a video message to say hello from the singer and my friends), teenager grumpy because he didn’t get his planned “home alone” weekend, and sugars are all over the place. Oh, and Brexit is pretty depressing for those of us (ie my husbeast and me) who were planning to retire to Portugal in a few years but were relying on the reciprocal healthcare agreement to do so.

Hope you’re all better than me ❤️

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
As for masks, unless it’s FFP3 rated, it’ll give you zero protection from a virus.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good to hear it from the Cat’s mouth @LooperCat, and hope you’re feeling better ASAP.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon. Feeling rubbish due to a not-flu-but-flu-like-lurgy, have missed my weekend in North Wales with my favourite and in the world (but did get a video message to say hello from the singer and my friends), teenager grumpy because he didn’t get his planned “home alone” weekend, and sugars are all over the place. Oh, and Brexit is pretty depressing for those of us (ie my husbeast and me) who were planning to retire to Portugal in a few years but were relying on the reciprocal healthcare agreement to do so.

Might you be able to create residence in Portugal during the eleven months we have left to retain the health care?

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon all, I have been down to the South coast for a few days, back home now and Saturday and Sunday was sunny with some blue skies, I will catch up later, unpacking still to do :rolleyes::)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

Sorry yer having the flu like lurgey.. Your favourite band of all time. Would that still be the Alarm perchance?
Pretty cool getting a message from Mike Peters.

Brexit. Not the box I marked either.. Lol, faith in humanity? It is what it is...

Not much of a "punk" myself.. But I have been known to attend the odd gig.. Stiff little fingers, Pistols & GBH, to name a few...

Adapt, protect your own. & survive.. This message in a glam rock tune sums it all up...

Hope you feel better soon.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else’s pump beeps frequently? I have yet to have a good nights sleep :( I can silence it/ turn the beeps off but it’ll defeat the purpose of having it right?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone else’s pump beeps frequently? I have yet to have a good nights sleep :( I can silence it/ turn the beeps off but it’ll defeat the purpose of having it right?

For very obvious reasons, I'm not a pumper, but it strikes me if your pump is alarming, to tell you something is awry, and it is, that's a good thing, non? If it is alarming and the alerts are errors, maybe that's something that needs a tweak or two, somewhere along the line?

I must admit, i have a couple of alarms during the day when I take medication doses, and I detest them with every fibre of my body, but my body feels so much better with the support of the meds, so I am reluctantly training myself into a place of scant acceptance.

It's still early days pumping for you, isn't it Mei?

Reactions: Leeannea