Dexcom G6 Sensor Error

Jellytots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dishonest people, cruelty to animals, leaking cannulas!
Please tell me someone else is having the same issues as we are?!

My daughter has been on the Dexcom G6 since November. Shes 3 years old and has no hypo awareness so we have her on the G6. However in the time she has been on it, we have probably had 3 sensors that have been fine, and the rest always get sensor errors that last more than an hour at a time.

Dexcom give me advise, which I follow, but this is driving us crazy! I'm currently laid in bed waiting for the thing to come back on so I can at least settle a little to get some sleep. I can be up in the night up to 10 times with its alarms telling me there's another error and we aren't getting readings, or that it's come back on... Only to go off again a little later on.

Changing the sensor presents a whole new level of anxiety for me and my daughter as she HATES changing it. To the extremes of pushing me away and screaming the house down. Which is no good for any of us. When the sensors work they are the best things in the world for us, but with all these errors and replacements and the sleepless nights, I wonder what we are using them for sometimes.

*rant over*
Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jellytots .
So sorry to hear things aren’t going too well for your daughter and you.
I’ve been using Dexcom for a few years now, G6 since last November.
Being a complete technophobe and also not being able to have a phone on me in my workplace I’ve always used the Dexcom receivers.
Could your problems lie with your receiving device as opposed to the sensors.
I do recall a lot of people having connection problems with some iPhones and the like.
Fingers crossed you can get something sorted.

Heyrehair

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hey,

Our daughter was diagnosed just over two years ago and is now four. She wears a G6 and an accu chek insight. We still have multiple issues with sensor errors and compression lows and sometimes we feel like the alerts are never ending. Just treating img a hypo now after a day of hypers.

We can totally relate to how it feels. So hard on the kids at that young age....