Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Ah well, the run of 5s ended this morning. No matter, it was nice whilst it lasted. I has my theories, I does, and will be interested to see what happens when I apply them. Not today, though.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1540223404599.jpg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pumpers and prickers hope you are all doing well.

Had a pretty **** weekend BG wise especially yesterday. Started hitting double figures around lunchtime and no matter what I did it remained there. Eventually dropped to 8.9 at bedtime, but at 3am it was up to 14.9:bigtears: Took a correction dose which seems to have done the trick and got up to a 7.1.

Had really bad indigestion yesterday as well so felt ****, even this morning still feeling a bit yeeeuuuuch

Better get better as I am off to Benidorm for 5 days tomorrow morning for our wedding anniversary.

Hope you all have a lovely day

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hugs to anyone who spent the weekend feeling rough, double whammy when you feel like that on time off. Apart from a creaky back (I was well enough to do some strenuous cleaning over hte weekend), woke on a 5.3, thank you very much, I do like a good start to the day. Hope yours is too.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pumpers and prickers hope you are all doing well.

Had a pretty **** weekend BG wise especially yesterday. Started hitting double figures around lunchtime and no matter what I did it remained there. Eventually dropped to 8.9 at bedtime, but at 3am it was up to 14.9:bigtears: Took a correction dose which seems to have done the trick and got up to a 7.1.

Had really bad indigestion yesterday as well so felt ****, even this morning still feeling a bit yeeeuuuuch

Better get better as I am off to Benidorm for 5 days tomorrow morning for our wedding anniversary.

Hope you all have a lovely day
Hugs smc4761 hope you feel better for you anniversary getaway xx

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope that those that aren't feeling great get better soon.

Much like smc I was a bit high during the afternoon and as I was busy hanging doors I didn't want to correct too much and dive too low, but a correction at bedtime did the trick (a bit too much) woke on a 3.8 and had been scootering along that level for about an hour or 2 before I woke up. But breakfast and dose level timed just right so sitting pretty at the mo :D.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Finally made it to the big city on the final leg of our Asian adventure.

2 pharmacies in Manila (Watsons and Mercury) are not carrying stock of AccuCheck Fastclix lancet drums although they do have other brands and types.

Only 4 nights to go now so will carry on with the existing kit. So easy to take the availability of things in the UK for granted - now making a mental note not to forget spare lancet drums in future.

Reactions: Jaylee and hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For very obvious reasons, I'm not a pumper, but it strikes me if your pump is alarming, to tell you something is awry, and it is, that's a good thing, non? If it is alarming and the alerts are errors, maybe that's something that needs a tweak or two, somewhere along the line?

I must admit, i have a couple of alarms during the day when I take medication doses, and I detest them with every fibre of my body, but my body feels so much better with the support of the meds, so I am reluctantly training myself into a place of scant acceptance.

It's still early days pumping for you, isn't it Mei?

Indeed it is, My pump suspends before hypo but unfortunately the sensors aren’t as accurate as Dexcom so it’ll beep when I’m perfectly fine. So I’ve not been sleeping great due to the inaccuracy of the sensors.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, I’ve managed to get my prescription sorted because my doctor for some reason approved my test strips rather than ketone strips. Also Fiasp vials instead of novorapid vials. I had to tweak basal morning profile again, the first change helped and now DP is back with a vengeance. 15.0 this morning with a correction and I was back at 5.1 and 9.2 for the afternoon. I find my pump is okay with noodles, veggies and whatever protein I have but with rice, that thing hates rice. My dual bolus for McDonalds was perfect, for rice, I can dream on.

Reactions: urbanracer

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dentists this morning. Lichus Planus causing a few issues at the moment, so mouth feeling sore after hygienist has been at them. Clean bill of health though. Levels stayed good all day. A little blip up after swimming, quickly knocked on the head with a couple of units.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We had our monthly vegan lunch and I made a Chinese stir fry, thanks @MeiChanski for the suggestion, it turned out great and was all consumed! And one of the best things was no spike afterwards. I guessed I would eat at least 15 carbs and took that as soon as I got there and then did another dose once I filled up my plate. It ended up working out great! (This time).

It's wonderful to try all the food, everyone has to bring an exact ingredient list with their dish so everyone can tell what's in it. But you can't tell how much carbs etc lol.....................so I usually have some kind of spike afterwards.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting apointment at a diabetic clinic in my area..

First question. "How are you feeling.?" Apart from the uncertainty regarding a vision field test result from an optician for the DVLA due to some box ticking with anti-VEGF jabs in the eyes. Pretty boyant.. They wouldn't tell me how I did...
No plans to self harm, just a "plan B" should the beurocracy at swansea revoke...

Looks like I may get my basal changed to Tesiba. Oh, & the possibilty of the Libre on scrypt...(though i don't seem to fit any criteria to qualify.)
I gotta send my results from my self funded sensors via "Libreview?"
& attend a "Freedom for life" course into the bargain... Sounds like an anti-abortion movement.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee sorry I didn't know to click on like, funny, optimistic or hug - so which would you prefer ? :rolleyes:

I was stubbornly mid-teens yesterday afternoon, novorapid had turned to water I think, anyway decided to correct before going home as the cycle ride would encourage the insulin to work better/quicker/harder.........well it did reduce my BG but not by the amount it should have done. which is fine as had a meeting early evening and then came back and cooked dinner/tea/supper and then it dropped to 3.7 (3hrs after the correction), had the food but didn't bolus (not much carbs - omelette with 'french fries'), walked the dog - which would normally drop me if I had IOB, I just crept up a bit into the 4s, settled down for the evening and waiting for the rise, got to 7.7 and did 2u just to stop it, bed time I was 6.7 and then this morning woke to a resounding straight line over night in the 6's.

For todays trick I am going to land a jumbo jet whilst juggling samurai swords standing on my head.......one handed.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, the house is quiet, the men have finished, the cleaning begins.
Beastly BG 3.2 this morning, didn't eat anything believing that liver would help.
Half an hour later 2.7, guzzle orange juice and the feeling of relief 7.7
I'd like to swear. Jumbo jets and swords!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I think the grim diabetes wreckers have won the latest round of number wrestling here. Fiasp like water most of yesterday so I struggled to get down to much below 9. Success arrived when the pool of sleeping Fiasp woke up on the way back home as I was just about to drive the final five minutes of the journey, from a decorators shop, during the rush hour. Another hour and a few jelly babies later and I made it back.
Changed the cartridge - why didn’t I do this earlier!!!? I was out all day and didn’t have a new one with me, that’ll learn me! Still not back to the lovely smooth runs of a few days ago though, they’re just a dream sequence of what life would be like without this wretched T1 thing. I want a holiday, from T1.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the grim diabetes wreckers have won the latest round of number wrestling here. Fiasp like water most of yesterday so I struggled to get down to much below 9. Success arrived when the pool of sleeping Fiasp woke up on the way back home as I was just about to drive the final five minutes of the journey, from a decorators shop, during the rush hour. Another hour and a few jelly babies later and I made it back.
Changed the cartridge - why didn’t I do this earlier!!!? I was out all day and didn’t have a new one with me, that’ll learn me! Still not back to the lovely smooth runs of a few days ago though, they’re just a dream sequence of what life would be like without this wretched T1 thing. I want a holiday, from T1.
i have days were the fiasp doesnt seem to be working then bang all of a sudden decides to work all at once :facepalm:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I want a holiday, from T1.

ummmmm.....you've got more chance wining the lottery (even if you don't play it :hilarious:) - we can only dream!

A few years ago this discussion cropped up on the forum about having a T1 holiday, someone taking charge of handling your T1 for a day for you - I wrote a light-hearted post about a scenario of handing control over to my wife - it concluded with me dead and the dog still waiting to go for a walk :rolleyes: