Stiffness in foot and pins/needles sometimes related to diabeties or work or other?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So bassically this has happen for a few weeks . I seem to always get stiff ankles and the pins and needles in my toes this seems to happen after 3 things which are:
1. After volunteering at my local animal park more in the afternoon compared to morning
2. After cycling.
3. After being in one position for too long
(I used to get suden cramps but they went away. I also had my diabetes foot check where they check the sensatons and that was fine and recent)
Tends to be more in dominat (right for me) but occasionally other. The feeling goes away within an 1 hour
This has been happening since july.

I dont know if this is related to diabeties or other etc...

mouseee

Go to drs and ask!
Could be related as obviously feet are an issue but could be a trapped nerve or something else but only way to find out is to go and see someone!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So bassically this has happen for a few weeks . I seem to always get stiff ankles and the pins and needles in my toes this seems to happen after 3 things which are:
1. After volunteering at my local animal park more in the afternoon compared to morning
2. After cycling.
3. After being in one position for too long
(I used to get suden cramps but they went away. I also had my diabetes foot check where they check the sensatons and that was fine and recent)
Tends to be more in dominat (right for me) but occasionally other. The feeling goes away within an 1 hour
This has been happening since july.

I dont know if this is related to diabeties or other etc...

Hi Lulu - I know you know nobody here can diagnose you, but do your ankles swell at all, and/or are you wearing lace-up shies that might be a bit tight, or tied too tightly?

What has your Doc said about all this? (I'm assuming you've had that chat.)

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Go to drs and ask!
Could be related as obviously feet are an issue but could be a trapped nerve or something else but only way to find out is to go and see someone!

Hi Lulu - I know you know nobody here can diagnose you, but do your ankles swell at all, and/or are you wearing lace-up shies that might be a bit tight, or tied too tightly?

What has your Doc said about all this? (I'm assuming you've had that chat.)
I know and nope

I will

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know and nope

I will
Better to know one way or the other and they can test for neuropathy.
I'd also consider doing some stretching of your calf muscles because this occurs after exercise and adding some magnesium to your diet to improve your circulation both of which won't harm you to try! Magnesium is a commonly deficient mineral and is related to relaxing the blood vessels. Brazil nuts/dark chocolate/green leafy veg are good sources.
Best of luck

Barb McD

Neuropathies in extremis are (from my view in NI Trusts) treated like corns or bunions while the pain tortures the very soul day and night. Serious pain, serious problem. Linking my failing endocrine system with a giant (complex) MCA Aneurysm, nine hours surgery, pancreatic misdiagnoses - medical people!! Treat us as a whole body and read our notes, hear us speak, put down your golf clubs and after dinner circuits - do your jobs.

First, do no harm.
Second, the first steps to wisdom are “I do not know”.
*shifty* I think...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had this due to taking Aspirin when it was given to ALL diabetics. Then they discovered not good if a bleed in brain so it was stopped in 2008.
Are you on any blood thinners? Or any statins written side effect, or any of your existing meds side effect? @Lulu9101112

Reactions: Barb McD

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found that comfortable footwear helps. Or should I say uncomfortable footwear exacerbates the problem.

Barb McD

I had this due to taking Aspirin when it was given to ALL diabetics. Then they discovered not good if a bleed in brain so it was stopped in 2008.
Are you on any blood thinners? Or any statins written side effect, or any of your existing meds side effect? @Lulu9101112

Aneurysm - major surgery - fighting to defend my right to reject aspirin and Atorvastatin. Took a registered letter to my local & consultant doctors before anyone would listen.

They still think I’m wrong, we know what’s right for us, given the information

Let us live how we CHOOSE

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun nope I’m don’t take anything
I found that comfortable footwear helps. Or should I say uncomfortable footwear exacerbates the problem.
I do notice it more after wearing my wellies compared to my shoes I use my general activities

Aneurysm - major surgery - fighting to defend my right to reject aspirin and Atorvastatin. Took a registered letter to my local & consultant doctors before anyone would listen.

They still think I’m wrong, we know what’s right for us, given the information

Let us live how we CHOOSE

anyway Ive got my annual diabetic. Foot. Check tommorow so I should probably mention then recently it’s been moving all over the place like my toes after cycling my ankle and foot after volunteering. The pins and needs are only in my toes at the moment the rest is mild pain in foot and ankle

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun nope I’m don’t take anything

I do notice it more after wearing my wellies compared to my shoes I use my general activities

anyway Ive got my annual diabetic. Foot. Check tommorow so I should probably mention then recently it’s been moving all over the place like my toes after cycling my ankle and foot after volunteering. The pins and needs are only in my toes at the moment the rest is mild pain in foot and ankle
My checker just notes such things. My GP and A&E hv been only ones to help me with foot/toe pains with neuropathy. Physios don't get it for me as its mixed in with scatica pain and trapped nerves in my back and neck. My neck I feel has happened due to my partner janking my pillow from under my head in sleep. Of which when court has been highly barratted for, by me. I was shocked. His defence was he wanted one of my prop up pillows. We hv 15 on the go so I didn't feel a good enough reason. Really!!!!
Anyway as a result I'm constantly in pain on top of my leg/foot and numb toes or stinging big toe tip.
Pregabalin is very effective for my feet. In my teens I had cramping feet pain constantly but some from being obese. I think now I look back. Mind u another proof that I was diabetic young.

Barb McD

Lyrica (Pregabalin) does nothing for my neuropathies. Nor is it helping the nerve damage in & on my skull. I’m certain, positive even, that now the three year threshold from surgery is over I will get the help that the RVH in Belfast has so far withheld.

It’s not “first do no harm” that matters it’s do what you like, sew her up, kick her out & ignore her”

Thankfully my lack of medical support services is my only bugbear atm, the rest is just cake