Hba1c 6.6

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had been concerned about how my Hb would turn out following a dreaded Hospital stay where that actually took the Novorapid Insulin Pen from my handbag!!! I was furious They then mis-managed my Diabetes as they sometimes do in Hospital. However, my Diabetic Nurse told me it was 6.6 so I am now very happy. I am going to complain to the Hospital Trust CEO though.

J girl

Haha that's so funny! My 2nd hospital stay they gave me too much insulin and l had a hypo in the middle of the night, l woke up sweating like crazy, l managed to buzz for a nurse who came 10 mins later and told me sorry the kitchen is closed cause it's 3am. But the sweet nurse managed to find a cup of frozen milk, which l licked but couldn't drink obviously, l was so out of it, that l fell asleep again and the doctor came in the morning and had to inject me to wake me up, yes hospitals do blunders too just like we do to ourselves!

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to say will done on 6.6
That's beautiful!

Am dreading my next Hb because I had an Obstruction of the small Bowel a while ago; have always been thin but lost a lot more weight so have been put on a food supplement drink full of carbs and it is very difficult to get the amount of correct units of insulin in against the amount of carbs. If anyone can help; please do. I overdid the Insulin very early yesterday and woke with the same as you; sweat was dripping of me and I was nearly out of it and could not focus on where I had put the Glucose tablets but managed to grab a phone and dial 999.

At other times my sugars are way too high and it is starting to get me down a little.