And so it begins: Eat less meat or we’ll make you.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What's the issue with our visa system? Or were you kidding?

Reactions: Barb McD
D

Deleted member 308541

If I could get past your visa system I would join you in a shot, bush fires included for a plentiful supply of beef and lamb.
I got my Australian permanent resident visa after two years after I migrated here in 1970 from the UK, no problem them days. :D

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Seitan has been part of the diet in South East Asia for centuries but only went into commercial production in 1962. Similarly tofu and tempeh are also sources of amino acids that have been traditionally available in SE Asia. I fully understand the process and production costs of other new foods such as Quorn and have no intention of insulting anyone when I suggest that we may have to embrace eating less meat and related animal products in the future.
Problem is that these are condiments in their natural habitats and pancreas's and digestive systems for indigenous eaters have been used to this input. When "we" get hold of such items the portions are larger and just like with original wheat there are agra changes.

D

Deleted member 308541

If I could get past your visa system I would join you in a shot, bush fires included for a plentiful supply of beef and lamb.
There's a way to help you get a visa, say you are prepared to live and work in the regional areas, and not the capital or major cities of whatever state you want to go to.

milesrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spammers, off topic posters, side effects of a stroke
I've seen an article saying that adding a small percentage of a certain type of seaweed to the diets of cattle greatly reduces the amount of greenhouse gases they produce. It looks like time for research into whether the same type of seaweed or some other type has a similar effect on other types of meat animals.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I've seen an article saying that adding a small percentage of a certain type of seaweed to the diets of cattle greatly reduces the amount of greenhouse gases they produce. It looks like time for research into whether the same type of seaweed or some other type has a similar effect on other types of meat animals.
The 2 links below are inconvenient truths that some who are trying to push agendas will find uncomfortable......

(Clue - .... release of a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study)

http://blog.whiteoakpastures.com/blog/carbon-negative-grassfed-beef

(Clue - 9 million)
https://www.savory.global

It's a race to see if "we" can get the message out before legal changes make these truths and methods redundant. It's not the cow, it's the how.

M

Member496333

Reactions: zand and Barb McD

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Well, I'm probably going to be very unpopular here, but I agree that climate change needs to be tackled. If this means a shift in the way that agricultural land is used (more crops and less livestock) then we will have to pay more (or reduce) our consumption of animal-based products.

Countries like Australia won't be able to raise any lifestock if climate change means permanent severe drought and fires.

https://www.ewg.org/meateatersguide...at-matters/climate-and-environmental-impacts/

OK, not sure how accurate the above is but it does compare greenhouse gas emissions for different food types : lamb, beef and cheese are 1,2,3 on the list. Maybe meat eaters should substitute chicken and pork for beef and lanb?
https://veterinary-practice.com/art...XY5iFKlctCrOiPD27qAgb9BzYmBjC4uzbLntBALLJmDzA

Reactions: Rustytypin

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I don't think meat is cheap so Merkel has only agenda and that is to make meat so expensive that we are all forced into being vegetarians, dictatorship and glad we left the eu . I also do not believe in climate change. I think it is a big con to get more money from us by taxing us even more .

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I don't think meat is cheap so Merkel has only agenda and that is to make meat so expensive that we are all forced into being vegetarians, dictatorship and glad we left the eu . I also do not believe in climate change. I think it is a big con to get more money from us by taxing us even more .
I don't believe in fairies as there is just not enough supporting data. Climate change on the other hand .....

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I don't believe in fairies as there is just not enough supporting data. Climate change on the other hand .....
We all have our opinions and mine is climate change is a hoax .
I think it has been rammed down our throats and even that Greta Thunberg is now being exposed as a fake .
We have weather patterns and that is all it is .

M

Member496333

Outside the group-think of payroll researchers and mainstream media, there's actually not much real data at all that proves anything about climate change one way or the other. Can anyone remember the last time humans enacted a planet-wide nutrition policy based on not much more than some tenuous 'data'? :shifty:

Of course, as is tradition, free-thinkers are mobbed and labelled heretics, quacks, or deniers. And, as is tradition, history very often proves these whackos to be absolutely correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
A fake? You mean the one we've seen is just a copy of the real Greta Thunberg? I didn't know that!
she is spreading fear and was found to lie about not having a seat on a German train.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
A fake? You mean the one we've seen is just a copy of the real Greta Thunberg? I didn't know that!
wow that's funny. I don't think she should be spreading fear and scaring little children telling them we are all going to die in ten years or so .

edited by moderator to remove reference to deleted content

Last edited by a moderator:

Honeyend

There was a good piece on the environmental side by George Monbiot (of all people). I've never agreed with him much, but he boldly faced up to a lot of the issues with the vegan=automatically greener argument. Definitely worth a look.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/06/meat-production-veganism-deforestation

I can not work this out. Its was written in 2010, he has obviously decided for what ever reason to change his oppinion. Most of the farming community seem to think he is just out to make money, being moderate doesn't give you much air time or sell books.