What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too late now, I already found out! My right hand now looks a sickly yellow as opposed to the bright yellow of yesterday and I expect to forever have a kitchen towel with yellow stains now you've told me it won't disappear with normal washing. Doesn't matter, still perfectly usable, stains and all :)

:hilarious:
Sounds like my cats. MrSlim must be a very wise man to know it's much easier to make a cupboard than to keep cat from doing what it wants.:D

It'll fade in time, and I do recommend the sunlight thing. We have a tablecloth and a couple of napkins with turmeric stains, albeit very faded now, but never the less still I need evidence.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It'll fade in time, and I do recommend the sunlight thing.
If I put in in the garden I'm sure to forget about it and only find it back in a year or so, knowing myself. I'll just keep the stains as a reminder of the day I made my first wonderful oxtail stew :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
10 am breakfast - 3 small sardines (out of a tin with olive oil - can't get fresh sardines here).

Lunch will be chicken green "gloopy" soup. All the left-over green veg made quite a large pot so there'll be enough for a few days. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and then harissa and turmeric. Not too happy with the harissa/veg combination so I've added a big knob of butter this morning. That should smooth it out a bit. If not, I'll add some yoghurt. It's a rather odd colour though - a bit on the khaki side of green. Just keep my eyes shut while I'm having it.

Dinner will be an omelette.

Winnie-the-Pooh

05-02-2020
@Winnie-the-Pooh melt butter in a pan, medium heat, if it browns too hot. add finely chopped chilli, grated ginger, and the prawns. Stir fry. If yours are cooked they just need heating through. Two or three mins should be plenty. If you overcook prawns they lose moisture, shrink and go tough. Good sprinkling of black pepper. Done. Enjoy.

Thanks ! I will try it tonight . It must be yum yum
One of my problems with cooking is that I never know when things are cooked so I tend to overcook things . I even burn my soup made out of soup mix powder ! I’m the only person on earth who can burn their soup.

Reactions: Chook

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
One of my problems with cooking is that I never know when things are cooked so I tend to overcook things . I even burn my soup made out of soup mix powder ! I’m the only person on earth who can burn their soup.

No, you're not. I have a bad habit of going off and doing something else and only remember that I am making something when I smell the burning.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
emoji445.png
emoji445.png

emoji12.png

Prawns I judge by their colour. For meats, if I needed doubt, I have a food thermometer, a bit like this

https://www.amazon.com/Kizen-Instan...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

We also have one a bit like this, that can stay stuck in the meat as it cooks, and alarm when the correct temperature is reached, so cooked. Ours can also be set to alarm when the item being cooked has been at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time. It's clever.

https://www.amazon.com/XYSQWZ-Therm...159&sprefix=Food+thermometer,aps,1325&sr=8-63

To be honest, the little one, because it's simpler and easier to use.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I am eating my usual breakfast of LL toast, butter, tea
Lunch was a mug of Leek & Brocolli doup and a can of mackerel.
Supper will be mushroom omelette.

It nearly the w/e and I want to celebrate @ianpspurs finding his wedding ring so a snifter for me. Tomorrow obs I will be marking his move to Suffolk. ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I am eating my usual breakfast of LL toast, butter, tea
Lunch was a mug of Leek & Brocolli doup and a can of mackerel.
Supper will be mushroom omelette.

It nearly the w/e and I want to celebrate @ianpspurs finding his wedding ring so a snifter for me. Tomorrow obs I will be marking his move to Suffolk. ;)
Feel free to celebrate both events. Unbelievable number of boxes with alcohol (20+) as well as 3 still full wine fridges and some cases of wine we had forgotten about. If you read my posts when do you ever really see me mention drinking wine? Quite unnerving seeing all your belongings in cardboard boxes knowing you have to unpack and store them all. Also condensed 2 American fridge freezers into 1. You wouldn't have liked the food waste - all kinds of things that were bargains - too good to miss offers. Gone:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel free to celebrate both events. Unbelievable number of boxes with alcohol (20+) as well as 3 still full wine fridges and some cases of wine we had forgotten about. If you read my posts when do you ever really see me mention drinking wine? Quite unnerving seeing all your belongings in cardboard boxes knowing you have to unpack and store them all. Also condensed 2 American fridge freezers into 1. You wouldn't have liked the food waste - all kinds of things that were bargains - too good to miss offers. Gone:banghead::banghead:
Its a long time since we did it but maybe this will be our year. There wont be much alcohol other than the stuff no one likes. But I hear you about food waste.
Bon voyage!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Removal men day today. Boxes and bags all over. Tea early then several more teas until I ate some cheese around 11.30 whilst clearing a fridge to go on the van/lorry. More tea.then celeriac lasagne rescued from the freezer earlier; chunk No 1 Swiss art cheese, small jar of lc blackberry and apple crumble (h/g probably last ever) and 1 dgf brownie - both found in freezer. Could be a small lump in throat when finally pulling away from this little piece of Fenland which I have been able to walk around for some part of all my 64 yrs (and 8 months). One of the removal men found my wedding ring which had been lost for 15 months. Obviously managing T2 is important but today and tomorrow aren't really about food.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Delighted with your triumph, @Antje77 :D

Evenin’ All,

B: bone broth and bovril, plus a small hot choc. Used pieces of Godiva choc. Astonishingly good.
L: that ol’ fave, corned beef and eggs and cheese. With a little tomato sauce.
D: ribeye a la AF. Lush.

dogs are wrestling this evening. All 3. V enthusiastic. Not sure why. They had a good walk at lunchtime. Full of vim and vigour now though. And the girls are humping each other. A lot. Dominance jostling, I think.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual omelette, fatty bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
Lunch: Chook wings done on the barbeque, peri peri dipping sauce.
Dinner: Tinned corned beef hash, with extra veggies.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary, water.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Removal men day today. Boxes and bags all over. Tea early then several more teas until I ate some cheese around 11.30 whilst clearing a fridge to go on the van/lorry. More tea.then celeriac lasagne rescued from the freezer earlier chunk No 1 Swiss art cheese, small jar of lc blackberry and apple crumble (h/g probably last ever) and 1 dgf brownie - both found in freezer. Could be a small lump in throat when finally pulling away from this little piece of Fenland which I have been able to walk around for some part of all my 64 yrs (and 8 moths). One of the removal men found my wedding ring which had been lost for 15 months. Obviously managing T2 is important but today and tomorrow aren't really about food.

Oh Ian! How marvellous! I remember when you lost the ring, and how much it means to you.

where was it found?

O happy day!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Ian! How marvellous! I remember when you lost the ring, and how much it means to you.

where was it found?

O happy day!
Found in a rucksack. Must have fallen off when packing it but I thought it was still on afterwards. Main thing is it is found and we know someone who resizes rings. Thanks.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch with my newly diagnosed type 2 friend who is embracing low carb and is a fantastic cook: piri piri chicken, celeriac dauphinois and fried courgette slices followed by creamy, peanutty, dark chocolate mini desserts.
Mid afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and strong cheddar omelette with leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.