Today’s carbs.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Poached eggs on toast for brekky
Steak pie from Oddies for lunch ( wandering in town couldnt resist)
Fish , mushy peas and gravy for tea. Rather heavy for me but bruddy lush
Mushy peas and gravy!!!!! You’ve just took me back a few years with that one. Maybe 50yrs I’m thinking:woot:

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A work day so the usual stuff.
Granola and yogurt, a couple of bananas, a roast beef and chutney sandwich.
Dinner was a tuna steak with roast peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
A slightly light day on the carbs but it’s the weekend as of now so anything can happen over the next three days.

srm100841

Just a brief summary of all of the wonderfully delicious and health carbs and stuff I’ve consumed today.
Granola and set natural yogurt.
2 bananas ( usually have one )
A lovely tuna and tomato chutney sandwich on thick brown bread. ( no butter, far to fattening for me )
Sirloin steak and baked beans.
That’s it so far........

Feel free to post what you’ve eaten. It would be great to see other people’s choices . No questions, no advice and no judgement.
If I ate that as a normal diet I reckon I'd be 'brown bread' by now. Not a good diet for T2's on either no medication or minimal medication. So much sugar!!!!!
Careful folks on what you say.

Steve

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: fruit cup and a bag of peanuts, plus latte at the airport so a weird mix
L: chipotle salad with sofritos, pinto beans, guacamole and corn salsa
D: falafel patty on lettuce bun, carrots, and cherry tomatoes

I forgot how good Chipotle is there really isn’t one near me at home.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I ate that as a normal diet I reckon I'd be 'brown bread' by now. Not a good diet for T2's on either no medication or minimal medication. So much sugar!!!!!

Steve
This is why this thread is in the type 1 section and is not directed at Type 2 diabetics..
Post #1 no questions, no advice, no judgement.

Reactions: becca59

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Spanish omelette was a good way of using up a few vegetables and a lonely looking potato. (At least, I think the definition of a Spanish omelette is that it has potato in it.) About 50 carbs, I reckoned and judging by the current state of play on the BG front, I got the bolus right.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Steve
As a diet controlled T2 I too would not fare too well on this diet however this is in the T1 forum and refers to a T1 as opposed to a T2 diet.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B/Fast - Greek yoghurt with blueberries and ground flaxseed
Mid morn - mini chocolate covered rice cakes
Lunch - Cheese and chutney sandwich (one slice of pumpkin and sunflower seed bread), lemon yoghurt and a few almonds
A/noon - Aldi nut bar
Tea - pate on toast (couldn’t be bovvered to cook!!!)

Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Steve

Hi Steve, this is a non judgemental thread in the TYPE 1 SECTION. I eat less because that suits my management of type 1, as I know full well what my body can and cannot cope with.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Steve
Steve, this thread is in the type one section of the forum; discussing what foods we T1s can happily eat. We don’t have to eat low carb, even though some of us choose to do so. With the benefit of insulin, we can literally eat whatever we like and with correct dosing, manage that without too many glycaemic excursions. I’m sorry you’re not able to do that, but please don’t castigate those that can. The forum is supposed to be for everyone living with diabetes, not just diet controlled T2s :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been a while so hi to those who remember me, but if you look in the food posts somewhere there's a good few photos of the food I eat as a T1d for the last 35 years, porridge, 3 eggs 2 whole meal bread daily breakfast, 4.5u Humalog, tin of tuna 2 bread 2 or 3u lunch, chicken curry and brown basmati rice for tea with plenty of veg, 6.5u Humalog and another couple of u for 2 Weetabix for bed, every, single, day, my HBa1c is47, bmi 24.6, BP 116/16 and 79.6kg aged 53 so the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak*

But not all carbs are equal, complex ones can digest to match your insulin and simple ones digest before the insulin.

*I don't eat puddings.

Food thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...OC82Cv38Z1xqdlq5u4GZqQIGMl9OI6Ci7Q69GKZ735n10

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's been a while so hi to those who remember me, but if you look in the food posts somewhere there's a good few photos of the food I eat as a T1d for the last 35 years, porridge, 3 eggs 2 whole meal bread daily breakfast, 4.5u Humalog, tin of tuna 2 bread 2 or 3u lunch, chicken curry and brown basmati rice for tea with plenty of veg, 6.5u Humalog and another couple of u for 2 Weetabix for bed, every, single, day, my HBa1c is47, bmi 24.6, BP 116/16 and 79.6kg aged 53 so the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak*

But not all carbs are equal, complex ones can digest to match your insulin and simple ones digest before the insulin.

*I don't eat puddings.

Food thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...OC82Cv38Z1xqdlq5u4GZqQIGMl9OI6Ci7Q69GKZ735n10

Hi Kev, nice to see you, to see you nice

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Yesterday I had my shake 15g and a butter croissant - this one is a bit difficult for me to carb guess, I estimated 35g and according to the internet, I under carb guessed it. crisps 30g and 7 chocolate discs 20g. I did go hypo after my walk, 4 strawberry haribos.

This morning another shake 15g and tonight’s plan is rice 30-60g carbs, with a stir fry or curry. I’m leaning towards a chick pea curry.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just bolused for a mid-morning banana as my snack - about 24g. No canteen at work today so I picked up a meal deal from Tesco last night instead. Been a while since I had pasta. Think that will be about 75g all in. No idea about dinner yet, see what I fancy later.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @kev-w . A blast from the past:):). Great to see you again. I remember well your carby but healthy and scrumptious dinner pictures.
Skipped breakfast today in anticipation of lunch out.
Needed 3 biscuits whilst doing some electrical work for my daughter prior to going for lunch.
Tried a new venue today. A strange unexpected menu.
A flat bread, a BLT and two coffees. No idea how many carbs, went with 12 units. 3 hrs later was 6.6. Happy with that.:)
A largish chunk of malt loaf prior to going up the gym.
Dinner tonight?????? Not decided yet.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Today
Bk 7g yogurt
Lunch 5 small 'ritz' gf crackers, cheese and onion topping, small bag of crisps, 1 orange and a Morrison's Splinter bar
School run, my levels were dropping, so I had 1 foam banana, I foam shrimp, 1 individual kinder choc bar and 2 dried apricots
Dinner tonight, homemade Sausage casserole and another yogurt

Reactions: kev-w