What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Any Biltong lovers here?
I eat it when I can get it, but have just been chewing on beef jerky with a funny name.

The habanero one is the best out of the three...

D5Woixf.jpg

Edit: Spell checkers are mot worth a shirt...

Last edited by a moderator:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lunch with my newly diagnosed type 2 friend who is embracing low carb and is a fantastic cook: piri piri chicken, celeriac dauphinois and fried courgette slices followed by creamy, peanutty, dark chocolate mini desserts.
Where do you find such friends? I want one for every day of the week! Or maybe for 5 days a week, I like my own cooking as well but 2 days a week of cooking would be enough if I had the choice :)

Reactions: Goonergal
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Almost nothing :)
I eat it when I can get it, but have just been chewing on beef jerky with a funny name.

D5Woixf.jpg

Ohh that looks nice! Where can I get them and are they expensive? :p

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Almost nothing :)

D5Woixf.jpg

Also, if you want Biltong, go to a Savanna store :D Chili cutney is awesome!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
06-02-2020
Sounds like my cats. MrSlim must be a very wise man to know it's much easier to make a cupboard than to keep cat from doing what it wants.:D
@Antje77 MrSlim is a wise man who builds the cupboard requested by his wife, who cited the cat as the reason it was neccessary. :rolleyes: In summer the doors will be open. Keeping her out then will be impossible. I called her greedy- she isgetting noticeably fat.
7.am FBG 5.2
Breakfast CWC, nut granola, smoked herring and scrambled egg.
Lunch another smoked herring with avocado , tomato, lettuce and radish.
Then had a "chocolate orange"
Have been waiting several days to try this.
Have to say it was a disappointment. The unusual appearance masking an entirely ordinary and not especially flavoursome fruit. CWC.
In between meals have been having lemon tea. The downside for this is I get hungry. Tonight was so hungry it hurt. Had half a dozen walnuts and a lemon tea to keep me going while I made dinner. Managed to resist the last of the pain kapnor, which was practically screaming TOAST at me.
Dinner 7.05pm
Chicken from yesterday reheated with the ratatouille veg. Threw in the other left over veg added chicken juices and another squirt of Tom purée. Cooked frozen beans and some more of the potato wedges. Dinner was ready in 15 mins. Portions a little larger than usual. Reflecting how hungry I was? Anyway 2 glasses of wine. Didt manage to finish before the watershed. Lemon tea at bedtime 1130 oops
Keep an eye on the clock Lizzie.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very quick late post here.
Black coffee x 4 until 13:30
Lunch: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-no-noodle-chicken-soup followed by 5 HC 100% choc buttons which weren’t on the plan.
Dinner: unexpectedly late and out. Steak (6oz) and salad. 1 glass red. I do like steak and would often choose to have it pre- lchf but I do get a bit cheesed off sometimes when yet again, it’s the only thing on the menu I can have. Oh well! First world problems and all that, shouldn’t complain really.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 MrSlim is a wise man who builds the cupboard requested by his wife, who cited the cat as the reason it was neccessary. :rolleyes: In summer the doors will be open. Keeping her out then will be impossible. I called her greedy- she isgetting noticeably fat.
Ah, MrSlim is even wiser than I thought!
And a good thing you save the visiting cat from eating all that bread. I love the looks of fat cats but I prefer cats to not be overweight so they can climb trees, steal bread and catch mice :)

D

Deleted member 308541

I love the looks of fat cats but I prefer cats to not be overweight so they can climb trees, steal bread and catch mice :)
The five cats we caught in the traps last week, were in good nick from what ever they had been eating. Reports on the tv / radionews bulletins that the feral cats are eating the animals that were injured in the recent bushfires.

The ones we caught looked like rabbits when Black Mario skinned them for his pelt collection.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast : omelette with ham

Lunch : nothing , just black tea

Dinner : took myself out and had stake salad . Picture is attached .

Have to work a bit tonight , then will watch a movie . I had a very busy day and my new Dexcom G6 sensor failed but the company is sending me a replacement.
IMG_4899.jpg

Winnie-the-Pooh

Ah, MrSlim is even wiser than I thought!
And a good thing you save the visiting cat from eating all that bread. I love the looks of fat cats but I prefer cats to not be overweight so they can climb trees, steal bread and catch mice :)

My life dream = a fluffy little kitten with furry little paws, light grey fur , blue eyes , little nose ! Awww !

I want him to chase hygienic toy mice, listen to opera , have milk and cream , eat prawns , play with a thread ball, and meow . I will put him in my backpack and take him to work so he can do cat maths, like + = 2 . His name will be Hilbert after David Hilbert , the mathematician.

Reactions: DJC3 and Barb McD

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 07/02/2020 no measurements taken, just healing, taking car of cut, and using asthma meds

Early post, as I am preparing dinner now. Have to take shower tonight after two days of no shower, it’s a bit of a cleaning routine afterwards to clean the shower, reduce the mould if any reoccurs and soap scum, gives me a bit of a workout. Plus keeping my finger dry is a tad annoying. Planning to have chamomile tea and try to go to bed early tonight. Hence the extra egg and calories coming up to 1260. No testing for the next couple of days, have another pear for tomorrow, but regular on the loo now, so they probably wont make an appearance except as a treat. Also taking asthma meds and they mess up my readings because i am taking more then usual.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 100g natural yoghurt fat free, 22g peanut butter, 148g pear, 15g blueberries, salt. Two white coffee before, two white coffee after, last white coffee at 9.30. 100ml 2% milk in total

Lunch: 60g spinach, 100g tomato, mustard, 56g ham, 61g sunflower sourdough, 3g butter, 17g fat reduced cheese, black pepper. Ginger, lemon, peppermint tea x2

Dinner: 3XL eggs, 2g butter, 2 white corn tortilla, 20g salsa, 125g broccoli.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Did food shopping this morning and reflected on the ingredients in my bags and how much healthier we are eating than before dx. Half of my supermarket bag contained veg (brocolli, aubergine, courgette, salad items) and berries, otherwise different cheeses, meat, eggs, fage yog, milk for tea. Then I went to my local farm shop and bought Coconut yogurt, organic lemons, goats cheese frittata, caponata (both made on the premises) and a couple of bottles of local ale for Mr PM. Finally visited the fish man and bought cod loin and scallops for tonight.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Prawns I judge by their colour. For meats, if I needed doubt, I have a food thermometer, a bit like this

https://www.amazon.com/Kizen-Instan...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

We also have one a bit like this, that can stay stuck in the meat as it cooks, and alarm when the correct temperature is reached, so cooked. Ours can also be set to alarm when the item being cooked has been at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time. It's clever.

https://www.amazon.com/XYSQWZ-Therm...159&sprefix=Food+thermometer,aps,1325&sr=8-63

To be honest, the little one, because it's simpler and easier to use.

Wow that is very nerdy . If I show this to bf he will want it

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Lunch today was my normal bacon, eggs and grated cheese.

Dinner was the most deliciously fatty pair of short ribs cooked in the IP. Really tasty and got the timing right on the pressure setting again. Meat was very tender. Just sautéed down the remaining sauce to form the base for tomorrow’s creation.