Accuchek Solo Pump

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I've read everything I can find on the forum about this pump.

Know it's currently being trialled across England and wondered if anyone has it or knows anyone trialling it?

I'm really interested in it as was on the Insight before and this looks like it will be a relatively decent "upgrade" from what I can tell.

TIA

:)

RLMorgan

mariposa84 after seeing your post I phoned up Accu-Chek as my combo is up for renewal. They said that the trial on the Solo is finished and that it will be coming to market soon. I then contacted my DSN who said that they are aware of the Solo but as yet will not be using it in the Exeter area.

Rich

Reactions: mariposa84

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Solo roll out has been very slow. I know of only one person who has been able to get one, and she's been incredibly disappointed with it. It has needed the pump mechanism part replacing three times already.

I think it's a case of be a bit wary. remember it's a more than ten year old design that Roche bought out years ago.

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks @RLMorgan and @tim2000s for the info......

I held out as long as I could but gave up in the end as was really struggling with my control on MDI. I'm now on a tslim pump (started 3 weeks ago) and although things are still up and down, I know I made the right decision as my control has improved drastically even in that short time frame.

On another forum I read a post from someone else who said there had been lots of problems during trial of solo, so I was glad I didn't wait any longer.

Reactions: Chas C

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @mariposa84, I moved to the t:slim about the same time as you. Takes a bit of getting used to allowing the pump to take control but so far its been great. Other than getting the worst cold I've had in the mean time ;-)

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @mariposa84, I moved to the t:slim about the same time as you. Takes a bit of getting used to allowing the pump to take control but so far its been great. Other than getting the worst cold I've had in the mean time ;-)

Hope you're feeling better @Chas C! I really like the tslim. Have you got dexcom too? I've got the libre but it's not preventing me from stopping hypos and I seem to have lost hypo awareness which is rather worrying. Overall control is much better though so a big thumbs up from me so far :)

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the t:slim and self funded Dexcom G6. Basal IQ makes a significant difference.
I've been reading about the Americans' experiences with the recently released Control IQ (hybrid closed loop). Mostly very positive - can't wait!

Reactions: mariposa84

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have the t:slim and self funded Dexcom G6. Basal IQ makes a significant difference.
I've been reading about the Americans' experiences with the recently released Control IQ (hybrid closed loop). Mostly very positive - can't wait!

I would really like basal IQ as I'm not avoiding hypos even with the libre. I've read some really good things about Control IQ too. Not sure when it will be available here...hopefully asap!

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope you're feeling better @Chas C! I really like the tslim. Have you got dexcom too? I've got the libre but it's not preventing me from stopping hypos and I seem to have lost hypo awareness which is rather worrying. Overall control is much better though so a big thumbs up from me so far :)

I've been self funding Dexcom's for 8 yrs now, roughly from the end of the year they first came to the UK. So now on G6. Still taking me some time to get used to the pump - overcoming years of self management and letting the pump do it is still difficult but slowly getting there. Looking forward to control IQ as well.

Reactions: DunePlodder