What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel that I’ve missed something here

Here you go: :)

Y'all, I hope this doesn't offend any of you. It took me by surprise when I was innocently browsing Kindle books on amazon.com, and it made me laugh out loud. And there are even more editions of it on amazon.co.uk than on amazon.com :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prick-Diar..._5?keywords=prick+diary&qid=1581096557&sr=8-5

Very funny....what a great present for a Diabetic male!! St Valentines Day ?

I dont know what happened there but hope you can read my reply above.

Yes, I can. And I think your St Valentine's Day idea is a very good one -- perhaps something Mrs Trick could give to Trick60 as a first Valentine for them? :D

We need to keep this secret from @trick60 though. ;)

I would like to have a copy of the book myself. After all, there's no "My" in the title. :D

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hahaha..i thought that was the another of the Wicked willies type books..:hilarious:
(* do NOT seacrh on-line IF easily offended.)

On another small note..Kindle lover here., btw)

i look at a site called Hotdealsuk, a sort of best offers website
useful for some things..BUT it DOES have a very good listing for EBOOK..(Look THAT up NOT. Ebooks or any derivative)

Lots of free examples for top books, at zero or 99p.($1) prices..

Selection DO go back up pretty quickly, so you have to browse often or you miss some crackers

sci fi fool here, read many but to have again on the Kindle for free..priceless...(;):D)
is very nice

And a raft of books that i heard of and should have given a go

recent examples.

Asimov foundation books 5****
1984 5****
animal farm 5****

legend..4****,,..Omega man filum ,
Charlton heston..worth trying to find...far better then will smiths version

the Rats..read back in school
the road..always intending to read or see film..hard slog though i am told
max Hastings Armageddon..i like max, gets good reviews
fear and loathing in las vegas..heard of not read, ( have read his books on the Angels ..liked)

and many more, all sorts all genres..Might be worth a hit
(not sure if location bound, but a VPN will let you browse from overseas if that applies.)

And many more self help, food, etc

:)

Hahaha you know I did. That's like telling a little kid not to look in the cookie jar. :D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good shout @Barb McD

Back in the day when they WERE real Stars, huh..;):happy:
ooohh, and burt reynolds in deliverance...fabulous film.

not these 2 bob z list 'reality' :rolleyes: celebrities, they trundle out at the opening of every envelope, it seems.

(though i don't mean will smith, obviously..Fresh prince, MiB, bad Boys..independence day..what's not to love*..:):D)
(*well After EARTH, probably....absolute pants,,,0* )

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Going down...

Why?

Not sure, but I did read what several of you posted about inulin. But I don't eat the kind of food you can put a spoonful in. I don't sweeten tea or coffee. So I had a think. It's derived from chicory, so I am thinking that I used to drink chicory coffee...Camp coffee it was. Looked it up, but it has sugar in it I think.

So I looked up an organic chicory. Ordered it, and thought about when to take it. I think timings of food and drink is important, not always specifically what we eat.

So randomly I decided to take a mug of chicory before I went to sleep. The jar suggests 3 heaped teaspoons, but I thought first of all, that jar is not going to last if I use that much and it might be a bit strong. So I started with one level teaspoon in a mug of hot water. I liked it like that.

I have been doing this about 5 days now at bedtime.And my morning fbg has been coming down.

I don't think I have ever been 6.3 for fbg before.

I will keep you updated on my thoughts on this.

Now for my painting today. A red rose. Mostly done with a palette knife. A4 sized. Acrylics.

I despaired as I was doing it. It looked nothing like a rose, more like a begonia. Then I slapped a bit of orange on, blended it, then in s*d it mode I slapped some white on the petals and walked away.

When I came back with a cuppa, hey presto, it looked like a rose. I am sure the fairies had a go with improving this while I was away making my cuppa...

F473FD21-E280-4B2C-BC9E-FC4D01E29322.jpeg

Have fun
Have a great weekend
Hugs for anyone who wants one
Take care

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Going down...

Why?

Not sure, but I did read what several of you posted about inulin. But I don't eat the kind of food you can put a spoonful in. I don't sweeten tea or coffee. So I had a think. It's derived from chicory, so I am thinking that I used to drink chicory coffee...Camp coffee it was. Looked it up, but it has sugar in it I think.

So I looked up an organic chicory. Ordered it, and thought about when to take it. I think timings of food and drink is important, not always specifically what we eat.

So randomly I decided to take a mug of chicory before I went to sleep. The jar suggests 3 heaped teaspoons, but I thought first of all, that jar is not going to last if I use that much and it might be a bit strong. So I started with one level teaspoon in a mug of hot water. I liked it like that.

I have been doing this about 5 days now at bedtime.And my morning fbg has been coming down.

I don't think I have ever been 6.3 for fbg before.

I will keep you updated on my thoughts on this.

Now for my painting today. A red rose. Mostly done with a palette knife. A4 sized. Acrylics.

I despaired as I was doing it. It looked nothing like a rose, more like a begonia. Then I slapped a bit of orange on, blended it, then in s*d it mode I slapped some white on the petals and walked away.

When I came back with a cuppa, hey presto, it looked like a rose. I am sure the fairies had a go with improving this while I was away making my cuppa...

View attachment 38423

Have fun
Have a great weekend
Hugs for anyone who wants one
Take care

Inulin - I stir mine into a glass of water an hour or so before bed.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the wild and wacky microverse of Birmingham - well this little bit at the very least.

The wonder wheel of turkey burgers topped with eggs and the suspicion of putting too much ice into a glass of perfectly good scotch came in at 3.8 this am and has been pretty much that way all night.

The grandchildren (twins Chaos and Mayem and their sister Little Miss Pamplemousse) are sitting round the dining room table watching an episode of Peppa Pig and eating breakfast cereals. Little Miss Pamplemousse has already declared that going out for lunch and a visit to the swing park are absolute musts for today.

For those of you who like graphs and the deep delving of statistical analysis you might want to dive into these thoughts on reversing T2 and some of the factors involved; https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/12/28/how-to-reverse-type-2-diabetes/

Have as wonderful a day as you can, you can’t pour from and empty cup so take care of yourself first.

upload_2020-2-8_7-53-8.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks,5.8 on the dice. Fitting an old oak beam above the fireplace today, weighs a ton and will have to bury it a bit in the wall because of the twist in it, it's going to be messy.

Hope the move went well @ianpspurs

Have a lovely day all.

All the best with placing the old oak beam into the slot - photo evidence required of course.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 not good after fish fried in butter but I did also eat a handful of walnuts and 4 squares of Lindt 90. I havent eaten any chocolate since Christmas and am wondering if it is now a no no. I have two bars left so will use them up as slowly as I can.
@gennepher fab FBG the chicory sounds promising. Thank you for the rose which is a fully blown rose to me in its last glory before the petals float to the ground. I have a designated rose bed and love them. My late mum who was a talented gardener always said roses are easy to grow and look after so you also made me think of her. @trick60 I love the sound of an oak beam above the fireplace really my sort of thing. When/if we move you might get a call ;). I so hope @ianpspurs is enjoying his first day at the new home and is making lots of plans and not doing too much too soon.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Batten down the hatches for storm Ciara. Most importantly, stay well, stay safe.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.0 yesterday and 4.4 today

took mum out to try a local community hall yesterday, they have a cafe four days a week over the lunch hour. Pensioner's special rate available on Tuesday and Friday, two courses plus a drink for a price ;)

Only mistake was a vague assumption that the portions would be smaller, they weren't :hilarious:
Large bowl of very good carrot and ginger soup (all veggie and stock - I asked about added thickeners and was assured none used), came with a small fresh bread roll and butter (which I took home), mum and mr gee had the 'special' of the day which was bangers and mash served with peas. Mr gee says the two sausages were good and the mash was the real deal and nicely creamy ;)

I had the chicken mayo salad, very good and plenty of it, homemade chicken mayo and coleslaw, lots of grated cheese and, unexpectedly, about a dozen chips :sorry: of which I ate two :D, mr gee and mum also tried a couple of chips each because they looked so good. Mr gee rated them the best chips he's eaten in a long while. He's already pondering a return to try their fish and chips ;)

Shopping today for lunch tomorrow, chicken breasts stuffed and baked wrapped in bacon I think, plus we need to stock up on a few other bits too. Hopefully we'll be back before the latest high winds get here .

loving the daily art gallery @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist it's very inspiring :joyful:

Stay safe everyone and I hope your day treats you kindly :)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and another higher than wanted reading 6.3 for me.

@gennepher Admiration for your Still Life Art, I'm not very accomplished or feel relaxed with Still Life painting or Portrait art come to that, great rose.

Granddaughter, oldest is 9 today so birthday party time later.

Spread good will and achieve much today.