Tentative question... HbA1c 81

Missmollymidi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've had stents. I have a great friend (he's a doctor) and he had to have them immediately after falling ill

He was told (as if he needed to be by the cardiologist) that full recovery would take 4 months. In the scheme of things, that's not a long time as he was an active guy as well. Riding horses (no matter how uplifting it might be) I would delay until you get clearance.

NOT worth the risk
Thank you. Halfway there then I guess.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You'll be better off for it. It's an invasive procedure. The nags can wait. :)

Barb McD

Or...weigh everything you are advised, take time to think it through, and do what feels right.

Just saying, none of us are experts. In either cardiovascular procedures or diabetes. What we do know is how our personal journey through this disease is going.

Missmollymidi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or...weigh everything you are advised, take time to think it through, and do what feels right.

Just saying, none of us are experts. In either cardiovascular procedures or diabetes. What we do know is how our personal journey through this disease is going.
Thank you. I am trying to work my way through what feels like a minefield. So much information. So much at opposite ends of the scale.

Missmollymidi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Once you start to lower the numbers below 8, I think it gives your metabolism time to recover. For me it was as though a switch was thrown and I got on the right track again. It was soon after that when I noticed the weightloss - my trousers fell down as I stood up.
Thank you. I am trying so had to lose weight. Not at all easy for me even eating very little.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I am trying so had to lose weight. Not at all easy for me even eating very little.
Oh I gave up on the eating very little option a long time ago - I used to go very pale and collapse as I was eating so little - but never lost much weight. Once I realized the way carbohydrate is metabolized - or in my case, not metabolized properly, it took very little time to sort out that eating protein and fat was fine, just avoid the food which I can't deal with and normality returns.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You may find that you are not eating enough - I learnt the hard way that if you reduce calories too low your metabolism goes into starvation mode and begins to shut down your body to preserve vital organs resulting in no, or little, weight loss.