Basal insulin question

Snazeh

T1D RECENTLY DIAGNOSED

Hello, I was wondering anyone would help me, Recently I’ve been doing the ketogenic diet, 10 days in now, my BG levels have been REALLY stable, I’m talking no less than 4.3 and no more than 4.9, apart from 2 occasions it’s dropped to high twos, so my question is, if I reduce my basal insulin, will that mean my fasting/regular BG levels will rise slightly? I was hoping if I reduce the basal dose my ‘fasting/regular’ BG levels might come to around mid 5s? Hopefully I’m making sense with what I’m explaining,

thankyou in advance!

Snazeh

**edit** to clear up any confusion, my intention in reducing my basal is to raise my fasting/normal bf levels to ‘safer’ numbers

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, but it's against the forum's rules to give medical advice about adjusting how much of any drug we take. We all have different insulin requirements, so an adjustment that will work for one person will be completely wrong for another, even if both people are taking the same amount of the same insulin. We aren't medical professionals either, just other people with diabetes, so what we know most about is how we react to insulin and carbs ourselves.

Snazeh

Sorry, but it's against the forum's rules to give medical advice about adjusting how much of any drug we take. We all have different insulin requirements, so an adjustment that will work for one person will be completely wrong for another, even if both people are taking the same amount of the same insulin. We aren't medical professionals either, just other people with diabetes, so what we know most about is how we react to insulin and carbs ourselves.

Ah I see, sorry! Although technically I wasn’t asking for advice on my dosage, my question is theoretically would reducing a basal dose raise my fasting BG levels :p

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I'm sure individuals are different
For me
My issue in the past has been sugars running high. And with the advise of my nurse I increased basal. Slowly. 1 unit at a time every few days. Seemed to work for me.
However I must say this was only done once I had tested basal
Good luck

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm also relatively newly diagnosed, less than a year. When new to insulin its definatly best to double check everything with nurse / doc at the beginning

Reactions: Snazeh