What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He's doing Ok, have him on a starting dose of Youmove for his stiffness, he seems to be coping with not being able to see, we just have to remember when out walking that he will bump into things if on his lead. Thanks for asking.

Good luck to you all ... hugs, and a pat for dear Moet :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He's doing Ok, have him on a starting dose of Youmove for his stiffness, he seems to be coping with not being able to see, we just have to remember when out walking that he will bump into things if on his lead. Thanks for asking.
So pleased that he is coping with not being able to see.
The YouMove is excellent. We started Archie our 13 year old Chocolate Labrador on it before Christmas and it really does seem to work.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope it will look just as impressive on the floor of an apartment without all that staging surround ... :D
It would eventually get some sort of platform or frame to support it ... :)
Really Saskia you could make a bed base out of lots of things...I have a friend who made one out of wooden pallets another who had a bed base made from old sturdy filing cabinets...lots of choices the most important thing is securing the best mattress...I would throw myself on that mattress anytime...it looks so inviting (as you say) like you yawning just looking at it!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope it will look just as impressive on the floor of an apartment without all that staging surround ... :D
It would eventually get some sort of platform or frame to support it ... :)
It does look very nice and comfy. I think the KC would like it!
I have had such a busy morning. We are forecast a storm later today and tomorrow and we often lose our power in storms because it is so wooded here. I made a sudden decision to buy another camping gas stove (despite the last one nearly burning down my kitchen last year) which was a 9 mile drive away. Its stowed in the garage with some cannisters of gas. Mr PM doesnt know yet maybe I won't mention it unless we need to use it ;). Then made two curries which could be heated up on a stove, made mackerel pate, ironed all his work shirts and am now sitting on the sofa with brilliant sunshine streaming in, completely opposite to what is forecast. I had intended to go out and get a digital photo to renew my passport but might leave it till Monday.
What are you and the KC up to today?

Reactions: geefull

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D73F02DB-1871-4901-A806-EF2B3BC6FD06.jpeg
I hope the work went well.
What is your new avatar a picture of?
I think it’s Union Square San Francisco taken from the restaurant at the top of a department store, could have been Macy’s.

Mantelpiece installed just a bit of filling and painting to do.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 38437
I think it’s Union Square San Francisco taken from the restaurant at the top of a department store, could have been Macy’s.

Mantelpiece installed just a bit of filling and painting to do.
Ooh thats very nice and the figurines look nice. You are very talented. I think @SaskiaKC needs you to knock up a bed base for the swanky new mattress she’s planning.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good shout @Barb McD

Back in the day when they WERE real Stars, huh..;):happy:
ooohh, and burt reynolds in deliverance...fabulous film.

not these 2 bob z list 'reality' :rolleyes: celebrities, they trundle out at the opening of every envelope, it seems.

(though i don't mean will smith, obviously..Fresh prince, MiB, bad Boys..independence day..what's not to love*..:):D)
(*well After EARTH, probably....absolute pants,,,0* )
Looking at the picture I thought at first you had posted something about Coronation street and the guy in the still was Roy Cropper .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher I have been thinking about your trial yesterday to avoid touching metal. Those multi packs of disposable see through gloves that you get in supermarkets and chemists would be ideal. Stuff a few in your coat pockets and have some in your car. Put them on as you leave your car and when returning to the car throw them in the nearest bin. I keep some in the house for any nasty jobs.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh thats very nice and the figurines look nice. You are very talented. I think @SaskiaKC needs you to knock up a bed base for the swanky new mattress she’s planning.
Well the wife’s been waiting 3 years for that chunk of oak to go on the wall so @SaskiaKC may have to kip on the settee for a while before I get round to making any bed base

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is beautiful. Thank you for posting it. And thank you for posting the story about your painting it and then going to make your tea.
I also was interested to read what you wrote about chicory. There is an old tradition in the US South of putting chicory in coffee (or drinking chicory instead of coffee).
I have never tried that @SaskiaKC
I am having a coffee now and i tried half a teaspoon of the chicory in it. Tastes nice!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I have been thinking about your trial yesterday to avoid touching metal. Those multi packs of disposable see through gloves that you get in supermarkets and chemists would be ideal. Stuff a few in your coat pockets and have some in your car. Put them on as you leave your car and when returning to the car throw them in the nearest bin. I keep some in the house for any nasty jobs.
Just looked on Amazon...
I have never bought these before...
I know you said see through....but is this on the lines of what you meant @PenguinMum
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GLOVES-Heavy-Nitrile-Disposable-Gloves/dp/B010HU1XP8

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking at the picture I thought at first you had posted something about Coronation street and the guy in the still was Roy Cropper .

hahaha does indeed now you mention it.

very similar storyline,
though deliverance has less sex and violence, to my mind ;)