Miaomiao apps

stephfish

Hi everyone. I've just ordered a miaomiao2 and am wondering what app to use. I'm an Android user in the UK. I've done lots of googling to try to understand what the difference is between Tomato, xDrip+ and Glimp but without much success. If anyone can let me know of any differences between them, or the reason for making the choice you did, I'd be very grateful! Thank you!

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Stephfish

I use the MiaoMiao 1, Glimp and an android phone.

I did try the tomato app but found that I did not stay connected to it for any length of time. I contacted the MiaoMiao people and they suggested I tried one of the other apps. Glimp seems to work for me quite well. Not always the easiest of app to use. Much has been trial and error.

If you have any specific questions please ask

Good luck.

Reactions: stephfish

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the miomio 2
Samsung Galaxy s10 plus
And use the glimp app

Tbh not tried any other apps. Glimp was recommended by someone on here. Works for me

Reactions: stephfish

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I loved glimp when I was scanning. Great app & can be calibrated to the BG meter. Worked reasonably well for me with the MM2.

XDrip, is simalar can be calibrated. But one natty feature I liked, was the reading along with the direction arrow can be used as a widget on the home screen it can also be set for the lock screen too for at a glance viewing.
Handy if the phone is cradled in the car...