Weekly weigh in - Fridays

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am quite short, 5ft, but don't think I am particularly fine boned so at this stage of my life 55kgs maybe as you say my weight sweet spot. Don't know. Used to be 8 stone 2 in my youth, found if I went below this weight, the weight was difficult to maintain although did manage to stay at 7 and a half stone for a time.. Would like to get down to 8 stone 2 just to feel what that is like as my body shape will have changed over the years. I also have quite a thick waist so could do with losing inches. Interesting I have found my shape changing even though I haven't been losing weight. Anyway , I'll see how I get on over the next few weeks. I'll keep posting as I find it useful to post even if I don't or can't lose weight; it helps my control. Regards C.

I found my waist (and general shape) took a little while to catch up with the trimming up. I got to a low weight, then had to manage myself not to go any lower, but I was still had a pretty pillar shaped, but one day a bit later, getting dressed I saw this little thing in my mid section, called a waist, and it's only little? So, don't despair.

I don't know what close sizes you buy, but don't go to low. I'm a 6/8, but the 6s tend to be very young. I'm not a ruddy-duddy, but you. Probably know what I mean!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found my waist (and general shape) took a little while to catch up with the trimming up. I got to a low weight, then had to manage myself not to go any lower, but I was still had a pretty pillar shaped, but one day a bit later, getting dressed I saw this little thing in my mid section, called a waist, and it's only little? So, don't despair.

I don't know what close sizes you buy, but don't go to low. I'm a 6/8, but the 6s tend to be very young. I'm not a ruddy-duddy, but you. Probably know what I mean!
Jumper I am wearing today is boys aged 12 - 13 so quite sedate, no unicorns in site and what a bonus no vat. Its the only one I have though in children's sizes. Usually I am 12 on top, 10 in trousers although sometimes I can get into a 10 dress, even got a size 8 in the wardrobe. Always have been a bit top heavy although gravity has generally dealt with that. Lol. Know what you mean about styles although I am very fond of skinnies as my legs are so thin they are not skinny on me. Its interesting that I have had to fight my weight since early teens, probably shot my metabolism along the way as latterly if I tried to diet was having to limit my eating to 800 to 1000 cals a day and even then weight reduction was so slow. Then came along low carb, Cant be bothered to sort my macros and certainly don't count calories, just eat what I know will keep my bloods in check and hey presto lost more weight in less time than any diet I have ever encountered. Should be so thankful but we are never satisfied are we?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jumper I am wearing today is boys aged 12 - 13 so quite sedate, no unicorns in site and what a bonus no vat. Its the only one I have though in children's sizes. Usually I am 12 on top, 10 in trousers although sometimes I can get into a 10 dress, even got a size 8 in the wardrobe. Always have been a bit top heavy although gravity has generally dealt with that. Lol. Know what you mean about styles although I am very fond of skinnies as my legs are so thin they are not skinny on me. Its interesting that I have had to fight my weight since early teens, probably shot my metabolism along the way as latterly if I tried to diet was having to limit my eating to 800 to 1000 cals a day and even then weight reduction was so slow. Then came along low carb, Cant be bothered to sort my macros and certainly don't count calories, just eat what I know will keep my bloods in check and hey presto lost more weight in less time than any diet I have ever encountered. Should be so thankful but we are never satisfied are we?

I must admit I buy some of my casual trousers/jeans in Primark kids. 11-12 usually for me, and being a shorty, although at 160cm/5'3" here I'm a tiny bit taller than you, but the trouser length is just right.

As a great friend of mine always says, we have to work with what we've got. You and I have just got zero VAT - and on shoes for me.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
C. reporting in.

Think I need some tips on losing weight on Low Carb when you have hit a plateau. 55kgs. again.
Fluctuates mind you, sometimes its a few ounces over or a few ounces under or is that the mechanical scales at play. I said I would be content with getting to a healthy BMI but part of me would love to be at the weight I used to be in my young days, which entails losing a few more pounds. Probably eating far too many calories so think I need to do some serious IF, if I can discipline myself enough.

Coming up to my Dx anniversary this month and I have just received a letter asking me to book my annual eye and feet scan. Hardly seems a year but what a change a year has brought - and for the good too. Apart from D of course.
It is noted on the forum that breaking keto (which is diet caused not lack of insulin, in IR sufferers) can restart weight loss for low carbers. Just be selective on which carbs you choose and unfortunately it breaks theoss of carb cravings so a fight to return low carbing with carb flu too. However I'd suggest it to kick start loss again and a revision on what kind of fats your eating as protein can start being a carb replacement to your system but fats not.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
People think putting my on weight would be easy, but for some of us it's as difficult as losing it can be for others.
And now trying to keep BG low it's harder than ever.
If we swapped weights that would be brilliant. I would be at the weight I can only dream of and you would be at the ideal weight for your height. Wonder who we need to talk to, to get that arranged...

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit I buy some of my casual trousers/jeans in Primark kids. 11-12 usually for me, and being a shorty, although at 160cm/5'3" here I'm a tiny bit taller than you, but the trouser length is just right.

As a great friend of mine always says, we have to work with what we've got. You and I have just got zero VAT - and on shoes for me.
Never used to be able to buy much from Primark in the size I used to be. Will need to have a visit and a try on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Never used to be able to buy much from Primark in the size I used to be. Will need to have a visit and a try on.
I found my ideal new winter coat but Superdry only made it up to a size 14 uk. Humf! I will get there but not this winter.

Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found my ideal new winter coat but Superdry only made it up to a size 14 uk. Humf! I will get there but not this winter.
Don't doubt for a minute you will get there. Keep up the good work and hope you are allowed to take up swimming again. C.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

A word to the wise. If you want to try on in the children's changing area, expect to be challenged. That don't like it. I have better luck if I only have child sized clothing with me, no adult bits.

Crazy? Maybe, but also maybe to stop those with odd preferences spending time in places where children could be found in various states of undress, so could be a safeguarding policy.

M&S is another great place for children's/teens stuff.

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
95.1k this am - pleased as weight has been a bit up and down and this is definitely a loss!

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
95.1k this am - pleased as weight has been a bit up and down and this is definitely a loss!
we are about the same @francesk im a 95,9 this morning and a few weeks ago got down to a twenty five year low of 93.4kgs..........................june 2017 i was 124 kgs {doctors weighed me) and im sure i got to 127 kgs (but no proof)..

Last edited:

Barb McD

I’ve gone down to 63kg from 112kg in February 2018, with the “bulk” of the loss (96 to 63) in the last six months due to chronic pancreatic issues. Gastric consult in two weeks.

Worried even sicker. It isn’t good when combined with continuous low bs readings.

Time will tell

Best of luck everyone, it is Not easy.
You are all

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Over the last couple of weeks since last I posted my weight has been very unstable have been up to 76.5 kg at one point today though I am back down to 73.8 kg so hope things are going to stabilize once again.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not been on here for ages but 44.8 Up from 44.3 how long for is anyones guess One problem with buying small clothes is that both daughter and granddaughter can nick them !! One is in Africa and the other in Spain so infrequent visits but I don't know where my black underskirt went :bored:
Carol

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
108.6kg 41.1%bf Last eeek!
109.1kg 41.0 bf this week :(
Was slightly dehydrated so not what effect that would have BUT
bra cup seems a tad looser. :)

Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not been on here for ages but 44.8 Up from 44.3 how long for is anyones guess One problem with buying small clothes is that both daughter and granddaughter can nick them !! One is in Africa and the other in Spain so infrequent visits but I don't know where my black underskirt went :bored:
Carol
I am waiting for the granddaughter to catch up with me in foot size. She's 9 and a size 2 at present. Told her as soon as she gets to a size 3 I have first claims on her castoffs. Mind you I have been known to squeeze into a 2 so might give her latest converse trainers a go. Mm..that said do I as an old crumbly dare go out in public with silver glitter shoes.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My grandson passed on to me a lot of his gear that is now too small for him but is now my size and as he never payed less than fifty pounds and sometimes double that for a shirt I did very well out of it. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My grandson passed on to me a lot of his gear that is now too small for him but is now my size and as he never payed less than fifty pounds and sometimes double that for a shirt I did very well out of it. :)
Wow. You lucky thing. Are you out around town with those new strides???
I'm too enjoying new smaller clothes. I sadly couldn't fir in a beautiful new winter coat so I may hv to wait til Autumn now. The size14 coat was too small for me, still. I'm losing much slower now. So it may be after Autumn that I'm small enough. We'll see!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Don't doubt for a minute you will get there. Keep up the good work and hope you are allowed to take up swimming again. C.
You just reminded me I must ask when I see surgeon next, if its not foolhardy based on what he tells me.
I'm still suffering with stomach pains. I'm at my max. allowed painkillers daily but sleep getting disturbed due to pain which worsens as the day goes on. So sleeping on and off. Some days more rested too.
I'm finding Friday and Saturday evenings a very painful time. Swellings preventing weight loss. Skinner legs but more swollen stomach. Humf.
A need a home with a private swimming pool. Need more than any future possible high earnings though. Need a miracle.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You just reminded me I must ask when I see surgeon next, if its not foolhardy based on what he tells me.
I'm still suffering with stomach pains. I'm at my max. allowed painkillers daily but sleep getting disturbed due to pain which worsens as the day goes on. So sleeping on and off. Some days more rested too.
I'm finding Friday and Saturday evenings a very painful time. Swellings preventing weight loss. Skinner legs but more swollen stomach. Humf.
A need a home with a private swimming pool. Need more than any future possible high earnings though. Need a miracle.
I want one of those endless pools, where you swim against a current and stay in the same place. Thought I might be able to get one fitted in the garage but when I looked a few years ago, they were around 17K so its never going to happen. Mind you, at my height, I might fit one in of those blow up hot tubs, just need to attach a strap to my ankle, fix it to the side of the hot tub and away I go. I can swim on the spot to my hearts desire.. Hope they find a reason for the stomach pains quickly and that it is something that can easily be resolved. Keep well.

Last edited: