What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

wet and a bit windy here this morning but we're not due the higher winds until later today according to the forecast ;)

We're just going to have dinner at mum's and then come home today. I don't think Katy likes the wind much, might be the noise (or her somewhat flappy ears :sorry:), so probably no walk with her today.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a straight 6.0 on the dice. Family over from Ireland today they could probably hold four corners of a bedsheet and fly themselves in this wind.

Just throwing this one in there @SaskiaKC our mattress is a pocket sprung one with the top three inch being memory foam, the wife likes it, I can sleep on anything. Over in Ireland when we stay with the wifes aunt we generally get allocated the downstairs bedroom, this has a really saggy mattress so if you go to bed over a crossed word you always wake up in the middle cuddled up to each other hence the family name for it, the "reconciliation bed", we have our second daughter to thank that bed for ;).

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

My painting for today...
Brushes used are at the top...
These are all thinnish washes mostly to create this.
You can see one of the brushes is cracking on the handle. It is because I leave them in water as I am working.
I wanted another set...but they came direct from China.........(a couple of years ago)....
View attachment 38458
My garden needs a tidy up from these high winds battering us....
Have fun
Hugs if you need them
Take care
I do love sunlight through trees. You have captured it beautifully.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a very windy Breckland. Fbg of 5.4 driven by slowroast roast goat in a very exotic marinade cooked by No1 son. The move went ok. 3 van loads of boxes to unpack and move. Much of it will probably go to a recycling centre although 1 American fridge freezer went to No 3 son - needed front door off. Huge corner unit / home cinema sofas may go same route. The scale of the downsize will be far , far bigger than we thought. Hit 22k steps on moving day as up before 4.0 am and averaging 16k steps over last week. Absolute chaos but bg seems to be poor but not terrible with exercise - some really heavy boxes of alcohol. Removers staggered by how much of that and how many clothes Julie had. Teapot, huge mug, kettle and teabags came in my car. Have a great day. I 'm going to put myself into storage for a whhile
So pleased to hear that the move went well. I don't envy you having to unpack all the boxes.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Torturous visit to Liv to deliver her birthday card`(right next door through the connecting gate) dropped off her Moonpig card covered with photos of Charlie Lola & Harry...she'd been to a party yesterday where she and six of her friends made cup cakes...obviously they take some home...there they were sitting proudly on the worktop...pink...purple...red...yellow...when asked if I wanted one I steeled myself & said 'No thanks I'm being good'...home second coffee was waiting for me my first thought was how well the cake would have gone with it...my second thought well one wouldn't hurt...my third thought was...stop this is not helping...temptation is everywhere:banghead::banghead::banghead:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi... daft question as just stumbled onto this thread. What target readings are you guys working to for first thing in morning, pre meals and 2 hour post prandial?
Hi Chris we all try to keep as low as we can for US I think its fair to say we all have our own individual targets so no one size fits all. But we cheer each other on and offer soothing support when we are disappointed. There are no entry levels in this friendly and supportive corner but a sense of humour helps. WELCOME.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just eaten brunch cooked on the new camping gas stove. Lights came back on just as I dished up. I rhink its going to be on and off until the storm passes tonight. Shocking out there but two adults and two felines fed and watered and cosy inside. Hope you are all ok, @gennepher are you still on the grid and you and Popeye safe and well?

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings, everyone. :) 6.8 this morning (1 decimal point down from yesterday), so I am still encamped by Six Rivers Falls, this morning in a fog that looks like fat-free milk. 1 degree outside -- brrrrrrrrrr!

@trick60 Thank you for telling me about your mattress. The score is now Sprung 4, Foam 0. I love the tale of the "reconciliation bed." :) I bet y'all could patent it and make a family fortune!

Thank you, everybody, for your feedback about mattresses. I hope to go furniture-shopping tomorrow and try every mattress in the store.

@PenguinMum and @HarryBeau The KittenCat is beginning her training today. Wish us luck! This morning she woke me up meowing again. I keep repeating "HUSH" and refusing to get out of bed until she stops meowing. As soon as she does, I get up and go to her; if she starts up again I repeat "HUSH" and I don't feed her until she is quiet. She has dry food out 24/7 and I leave some treats out for her overnight, so she is certainly not being starved -- I just want to stop the morning meowing. Especially on mornings when we have been up past three o'clock. The pet rules at the new apartment building say "no caterwauling cats," and while she isn't LOUD, she is persistent.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, I thought I'd best return to the fold. Blowing a literal gale here so I shall be staying in my burrow.

This morning my FBG was 7.0 at 0700, no idea of the 'why' of it as my scores are between 4.5-5.8 during the day. It has been like this for a few days and I've been low carb (<80) for a week. Have to go for my HbAc1 and COPD very soon so I'm not holding out for a good bg score.

Welcome back! :) It is good to "see" you again. I hope your HbAc1c and COPD go well.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

My painting for today...
Brushes used are at the top...
These are all thinnish washes mostly to create this.
You can see one of the brushes is cracking on the handle. It is because I leave them in water as I am working.
I wanted another set...but they came direct from China.........(a couple of years ago)....
View attachment 38458
My garden needs a tidy up from these high winds battering us....
Have fun
Hugs if you need them
Take care

I want to dance in that glade. ^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the thread, @Chris12345 .
c0106.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just eaten brunch cooked on the new camping gas stove. Lights came back on just as I dished up. I rhink its going to be on and off until the storm passes tonight. Shocking out there but two adults and two felines fed and watered and cosy inside. Hope you are all ok, @gennepher are you still on the grid and you and Popeye safe and well?

NICE....

good to know come the Zombie apocalypse, if Shaun's mums is out of reach, we can all pop around yours and wait it out..:D

(* would have suggested going to @dunelm ..but it seems he's one of the early zombies, according to @alf_Josiah )

FBG 5.7 for me..so pretty happy with that.
wind blowing a gale here, too..no damage anywhere as i can see in street, so hopefully stays that way.

@SaskiaKC , what a wealth of talent on here.....poem, very nice.
and good luck on the Princess and the Pea quest..:D

@Ryhia, suggest you get battened down, with this wind you'll be whizzed off to the Land OZ :wideyed:
@Muddy Cyclist , best wishes for Moet...and liking the paint lessons for the GD..like the pic
@SlimLizzy ..nice one there in 5's ..
@OldButBold , good to see you back pottering around on the thread oh wise one..:)
@ianpspurs ..great to see you back in the fold, hope the settling in is as easy as possible
have to say, have they just realised julies gender...?.
"surprised by how many clothes she had".

really, really bad observational skills, by them.. .;).:hilarious:

and @Chris12345
welcome to the hood...sense of humour..mmhh...... not optional, in my mind ;)..(just saying..:hilarious: )

enjoy the day as best ya can..remember, first signs of the Zombie Apocalypse and we all meet at PM's, right..:)

Last edited: