New foods

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I have issues with food which I have mentioned on here a few times before. I’m am now trying different kinds of food to see if I like them or not. On Friday I bought an advcado, I didn’t like that at all, it had no taste and I didn’t like the pastie type texture. I also tried swede before Christmas and I didn’t like that either again the texture is horrible. I would like to try asparagus but that comes in packs and I’d sooner just try one in case I don’t like it then it’s wasted. Does anyone know if you can buy just 1 somewhere?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have issues with food which I have mentioned on here a few times before. I’m am now trying different kinds of food to see if I like them or not. On Friday I bought an advcado, I didn’t like that at all, it had no taste and I didn’t like the pastie type texture. I also tried swede before Christmas and I didn’t like that either again the texture is horrible. I would like to try asparagus but that comes in packs and I’d sooner just try one in case I don’t like it then it’s wasted. Does anyone know if you can buy just 1 somewhere?
If you say what foods you do like perhaps we can suggest some alternatives, also sometimes the method of preparation is as important as the ingredients.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Try asparagus in a small pack ... won't kill you.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Find a grocer who sells them loose?

Or second best - check supermarkets for packs of mixed vegetables - e.g. Tesco and Morrisons do asparagus and broccoli in divided packs and Waitrose do an asparagus, carrots, green beans and broccoli mixed bag.

Reactions: xfieldok

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I like chicken, lamb and beef. Peas, carrots, runner beans, fine beans, some sorts of cabbage, leeks and potatoes most ways except boiled. I like pizza, pasta, chicken nuggets, scampi cod, plaice or skate from a chip shop. I love jacket potatoes. Although these are the foods I like, I rarely eat them as I just don’t have an appetite for this kind of food and lots of other things also factor into this too.

mouseee

Do you like cheese? That's always a good option. I made low carb crackers last night to have with cheddar and brie. Yum

How do you get on with herbs and spices? That would help broaden what you eat as you can make chicken taste very different then.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Yes I like cheese sometimes I have cheese and crackers as a snack I also like it on ryvita.

I don’t mind a few herbs but nothing really spicy.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also avacado on its own is a bit bland, a twist of salt and a squeeze of line juice make it much nicer. I'm not s big fan of it plain, but with a little salt and lime juice it's loverly

D

Deleted member 308541

I bought an advcado, I didn’t like that at all, it had no taste and I didn’t like the pastie type texture.
Avo's are an acquired taste, I did not like them at all but tried one with a mix of ground pepper and chilli flakes on half a avo, with a sprinkle of salt as well.

I eat them occasionally as they are expensive due to the drought and bushfires.