What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi... daft question as just stumbled onto this thread. What target readings are you guys working to for first thing in morning, pre meals and 2 hour post prandial?

I suppose the answer is - different goals for most people and just trying hard to cope with individual circumstance. The big driver for me is to not lose a foot or my eyesight - I have been in remission now for a good while and strive to eat sensibly without ruining my day.
Today was a trip to a steak restaurant called Miller & Carter then some cold meats and cheeses for an early evening meal. You can see on the graph below how that worked out - my blood sugars did what they ought to do and I must have consumed at least six french fries and some caramelised onions with my lunch. Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works for you.

upload_2020-2-9_19-31-16.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chris12345 I am a little like @jjraak and happy with readings in the 5's but prefer mid to low and try to adjust my days eating based on the readings. I would love to get the readings @dunelm acheives but struggle to do so. I do loads of Aerobic exercises on my Mountain Bike 8 to 12 hours a week, this always pushes my BG into the 6's which I am always disappointed with. Like @dunelm I am driven by not wanting to loose anything important, I also saw what this disease did to my poor old mom and so struggle on trying to keep in the 5s. My daily carb intake is between 0 and 30 grams. We are all different and like @ianpspurs is keen to keep reminding us N=1. (Normal = 1 person) just do your very best.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is bad out here @PenguinMum
My garden has been re arranged by the wind. Including some bushes blown over.
We have electric power. I have a camping stove in the garage just in case, but to be honest I would be too scared to connect those gas cannisters....
We just had a massive driving hailstorm. That would have been lethal if you were out walking...
Glad your new camping stove worked well.
You take care.
It really is. We have been off grid for 3.5 hours just back. In the end tea for Mr PM was beans on buttered bread and tub of egg mayo, lettuce and tomatoes for me. Having a restotative gin & soda. Worse stuff for more deserving people and thats the truth. Hey what a storm

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose the answer is - different goals for most people and just trying hard to cope with individual circumstance. The big driver for me is to not lose a foot or my eyesight - I have been in remission now for a good while and strive to eat sensibly without ruining my day.
Today was a trip to a steak restaurant called Miller & Carter then some cold meats and cheeses for an early evening meal. You can see on the graph below how that worked out - my blood sugars did what they ought to do and I must have consumed at least six french fries and some caramelised onions with my lunch. Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works for you.

View attachment 38464

very interesting..BUT

that is what i would expect a zombies time line with a libre attached to look like..tbh...

not saying it's true :wideyed:....just putting it out there..:bookworm:

hahaha..nice line, @dunelm

btw..hope i don't have to get you in my cross hairs cos alfie is right....kinda liked ya.
but ain't no ONE stopping me getting to PM's when it all kicks off.

PLUS...all that GIN.. AND @PenguinMum, on site day ONE..
OMG ...SO little time..:woot:

Kind regards
your good friend
JJ.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher the storm seems to be passing over now here. Powerback and feeling more positive it will stay. Hope you and Popeye are safe amd well and with power! Hope when you get out in the garden tomorrow it wont be too bad. This has been 1 of 3 very bad storms we have had here in the 15 years we have been here.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher the storm seems to be passing over now here. Powerback and feeling more positive it will stay. Hope you and Popeye are safe amd well and with power! Hope when you get out in the garden tomorrow it wont be too bad. This has been 1 of 3 very bad storms we have had here in the 15 years we have been here.

seems to have slackened off here as well @PenguinMum

we normally do all right for the storm season..it's usually further north or out to the coasts that gets the worst of it.

have to say it's been the worst we have had this year or last.
but that's not saying too much, as i know that criteria pales into insignificance with how badly many other areas get hit each year.
but it's all i have to go on re experiences

Hope all out there are well and all are safe. PG :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad the weather has quietened down in some of your areas. My pharmacist told me the electricity went out at her house just long enough for her to want to take all the food in her fridge and store it in coolers -- and then the power came back on.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad the weather has quietened down in some of your areas. My pharmacist told me the electricity went out at her house just long enough for her to want to take all the food in her fridge and store it in coolers -- and then the power came back on.

Curious point..i always assumed..( a bad idea i know, as the a$$ statement proves )
you were in kansas..now i think it's KC = Kitten cat

but we only really get violent storms every 10 years or so.(could be wrong)
yet the USA get all sorts.. and i mean tornadoes, that make our worst storm seem like a mild wind.

hope you and KC are warm, well and snuggled up.

Marley is here, he snuck in out of the wind, howling outside earlier and hasn't left. yet..
so hoping he goes for a snugly kip on my chest.... if Lauren hasn't nicked ALL his affection, first.

Ps, we are all going to @PenguinMum come the Zombie apocalypes.., @Muddy Cyclist bringing the Zombie mobile.
CAN'T WAIT...be great if you could get here before it hits, ..but i guess that would be unrealistic...

i suppose you've already prepped and have a silo nominated to hunker down in in..or more likely a barn in the country, knowing you and your love of horses..:)..

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Curious point..i always assumed..( a bad idea i know, as the a$$ statement proves )

yet the USA get all sorts.. and i mean tornadoes, that make our worst storm seem like a mild wind.

Marley is here, he snuck in out of the wind, howling outside earlier and hasn't left. yet..
so hoping he goes for a snugly kip on my chest.... if Lauren hasn't nicked ALL his affection, first.

Ps, we are all going to @PenguinMum come the Zoimbie apocalypes.., @Muddy Cyclist bringing the Zombie mobile.
CAN'T WAIT...be great if you could get here before it hits, ..but i guess that would be unrealistic...

i suppose you've already prepped and have a silo nominated to hunker down in in..or more likely a barn in the country, knowing you and your love of horses..:)..

I have been reading about the gathering at @PenguinMum 's and if and when the ZA does hit wild horses couldn't keep me away ... In fact I might just harness a few to drag me and the KittenCat there :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just read an interesting post on Quora about drawing. "Teaching the mind to draw." Instead of quietening the left brain in order to use the right brain, this way of teaching involves using the left brain as well as the right when drawing. Asking questions about angles, tones, sizes, and spaces. Presumably any "creative" mind can be taught to draw.

I am rather skeptical, but I am also interested, so I am posting the link here, in case any of you are interested in reading it:
https://www.quora.com/q/fcoheqmigkuvnriu?sort=top

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.3 on the dice of doom, reflects the almond and Morello frangipan with ice cream and cream, didn't want it didn't need it but still ate it, and it was goooood. That aside it's misery Monday and still blowin' a hooley and I've got to trundle my white van down two motorways to work which will be fun. Bring on the zombie apocalypse I've got the puddings.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

t2009.gif

t09063.gif

Winnie-the-Pooh

Thank you for your encouraging words. :) And thanks also about the mattress. That is now 2-0 against a foam mattress. :) I haven't been able to find anything about this particular one online, other than customers' reviews; unlike the Wolf, and another brand that I can see and sample locally. And the one I posted does cost more than the other others I've liked online.
Here in the US it is also possible to try out a mattress for some weeks. :)
I may just go with one of the old standard innerspring brands -- what y'all call sprung ones? -- with the coils inside, either in pockets or just linked to each other.

I’m in US. I got a Puffy mattress over a yr ago and it is the best purchase I have done in my entire life. It cured my back pain , cured my numb leg, improved my sleep. They let u to test it for 3 months (I guess), and return it if u are unhappy . But who would want to return it? I ️ my Puffy.

https://puffy.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiA-P...yNFOdbviL0v5GP_sY0elOm3iqA6fpZjxoCVjYQAvD_BwE

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning which is much better than yesterday. The high BFG yesterday dropped rapidly and I spent the day in the upper 4's with a jump to 5.8 after lunch so that high number isn't too worrying in context I guess. I have to brave the weather and go a-wandering this morning, seems like the wind has died down a bit so no kites ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning which is much better than yesterday. The high BFG yesterday dropped rapidly and I spent the day in the upper 4's with a jump to 5.8 after lunch so that high number isn't too worrying in context I guess. I have to brave the weather and go a-wandering this morning, seems like the wind has died down a bit so no kites ;)

I hope your wandering will go well. :)

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the storm survival bunker in Birmingham.

The wonder wheel of downed trees and scattered bins shot out a 4.2 this am.

Allegedly we are now experiencing light rain and fresh showers but I have given up believing anything coming out of the BBC, best to just stick my head out of a window. Homeward bound today after taking Little Miss Pamplemousse to school, it has been a wonderful time with the children and their children also.

Have as wonderful a day as you can, koffy time.