What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only slight damage from storm Ciara a couple of roof tiles...these are the results of storm Charlie & Lola while I was busy rearranging my clinic appointment... yes that was a toilet roll tucked away safely upstairs on a higher shelf than usual...I have no idea how he got it...have let them out in the garden to cool off.

View attachment 38476

storm-lola-charlie-jpg.38476

hahaha..camouflage cat..very effective..well done, Corporal Charlie..as you were Lad,,

Oh dear what a mess, and by the looks of it they are saying it wasn't them ?...I believe em :)

Good luck at the clinic..hope you get a space ans results are as you'd wish :happy:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hahaha..camouflage cat..very effective..well done.

Oh dear what a mess, and by the looks of it they are saying it wasn't them ?...I believe em :)

Good luck at the clinic..hope you get a space ans results are as you'd wish :happy:
I rearranged the appointment @jjraak as for the kittens I was thinking Marley & Lauren of Arabia might like some company!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I rearranged the appointment @jjraak as for the kittens I was thinking Marley & Lauren of Arabia might like some company!
aw bless em...
i know the feeling though...Belles ( rescued her from a colleague at work as she kept attacking his baby)
on first few months here was a Nightmare..scratching, biting, climbing EVERYTHING
we had a shelf close to top of doorway, she had a habit of sneaking up there and swiping anyone who walked past..aaghhh :wideyed::woot:

BUT i KNOW you would never be rid, despite such protests you MIGHT make.:rolleyes:
as they say down here, "It's FAM, init "

Good luck with the next appointment, bet they were glad to cross one off today as well i expect, what with the aftermath of the weather.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning. I have lost 2 pounds since my A1C nearly 3 weeks ago, and I seem to have overcome some craving for carbs. The last few times I've been at the grocery store I haven't been really tempted to buy bread or brownies or cake. I hope this keeps up! :)

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy Hug for the nightmare. I'm glad that's all it was. Your house is lovely.

@Krystyna23040 I hope Archie is improving as the day goes by. I hope Poppy doesn't catch the bug.

@HarryBeau I apologize for LOL'ing at Charlie and @jjraak's description of your Camouflage Cat. I once came home from a weekend away to find my toilet roll unwound and stretching all the way from the bathroom down the hall into the living room That was the work of my Smokey cat of long ago. ^. .^

@ianpspurs Good luck with the stove, and all the settling in. John 1:1-5.

@gennepher Your silver birches are beautiful. Is that a green stairwell going up in the background? If so I would like to climb it. I hope your roof is OK. I am assuming the wormery is part of your gardening/composting set-up?

@dogslife Hugs for the day.

The KittenCat let me sleep in this morning and was rewarded for the quiet with a breakfast of treats and salmon. I am now being rewarded with her sleeping presence in my lap while I enjoy my breakfast and coffee. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice fat and juicy McGarrett greeted me this morning.
GREAT start to the week...:D

Kudos to all those rolling with the ZA link..;):hilarious:
* I propose the coordinator role should go to @PenguinMum
as she's done such a Sterling job of the organising everyone for Day ONE of our arrival..
* and @trick60 to Head Pastry chef

Hugs for the damage and scaffold @SlimLizzy
bets wishes for Archies speedy recovery @Krystyna23040
on such a sad day, it does sound like they wanted it to be a celebration
hope the day goes well
@gennepher hope the clean up goes smoothly.
@ianpspurs , hope things are beginning to settle slightly.
i hope you find your feet before the ZA comes, ( heard it can be difficult to spot the differences otherwise...;) )
Similar problem here in the Capital with all the idiot phone zombies..:rolleyes:,,going to hard to tell when THEY turn.:sorry:

and @dunelm a win for the score and a spot on, for the "Beeb tells the truth" :wideyed:....:D

& finally @Muddy Cyclist ....THANK you for keeping the Zombie Mobile ready to go at a moments Notice.
perhaps there's a Go Fund Me page we can check out..?

Numbers still look ok, and good luck with the running around, lots of downed tress etc it seems

one or two MIA this morning..hope your all ok.
shout out to @DJC, @Ryhia & @Chris12345 the ones i noticed..(sorry if i missed anyone)

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hba1c results after pre Christmas blood test:-

BG down from 36ppm to 32ppm, so I can officially come off the metformin ( been off it over a year now).

Cholesterol up from 2.3 to 4.5 ( boo) guess that’s all the good living I’ve been doing, I’ll have to dial back on the cheese on toast.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @PenguinMum
We lost power in the night. And I lost my internet too.
I have rechargable LED lamps. Always kept charged up. So started painting with them on. Then power came back...and my internet...

Just the usual storm damage here as far as I can tell. Popeye and I have done our morning patrol round the garden, and the wind has destroyed me wheelie, recycle, and wormery shelter...it needs replacing...

I hope all is well for you. Have a good day.
Just back in but glad you and Popeye are ok but sorry about the damage outside. The rechargeable LED lamps sound brilliant. I have such a stash of all sizes of candles they will probably last for the rest of my life but I used my LED torch to read while we were cut off. Your silver birches are excellent.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice fat and juicy McGarrett greeted me this morning.
GREAT start to the week...:D

Kudos to all those rolling with the ZA link..;):hilarious:
* I propose the coordinator role should go to @PenguinMum
as she's done such a Sterling job of the organising everyone for Day ONE of our arrival..
* and @trick60 to Head Pastry chef

Hugs for the damage and scaffold @SlimLizzy
bets wishes for Archies speedy recovery @Krystyna23040
on such a sad day, it does sound like they wanted it to be a celebration
hope the day goes well
@gennepher hope the clean up goes smoothly.
@ianpspurs , hope things are beginning to settle slightly.
i hope you find your feet before the ZA comes, ( heard it can be difficult to spot the differences otherwise...;) )
Similar problem here in the Capital with all the idiot phone zombies..:rolleyes:,,going to hard to tell when THEY turn.:sorry:

and @dunelm a win for the score and a spot on, for the "Beeb tells the truth" :wideyed:....:D

& finally @Muddy Cyclist ....THANK you for keeping the Zombie Mobile ready to go at a moments Notice.
perhaps there's a Go Fund Me page we can check out..?

Numbers till look ok, and good luck with the running around, lots of downed tress etc it seems

one or two MIA this morning..hope your all ok.
shout out to @DJC, @Ryhia & @Chris12345 the ones i noticed..(sorry if i missed anyone)

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only slight damage from storm Ciara a couple of roof tiles...these are the results of storm Charlie & Lola while I was busy rearranging my clinic appointment... yes that was a toilet roll tucked away safely upstairs on a higher shelf than usual...I have no idea how he got it...have let them out in the garden to cool off.

View attachment 38476
I am sorry to LOL also but that is like a tissue in the wash x 100. It seems there’s no limit to their curiousity and naughtiness. When they get used to being out they will probably burn off some energy. Sorry the clinic didnt work out again. Take care.

Reactions: trick60 and jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning. I have lost 2 pounds since my A1C nearly 3 weeks ago, and I seem to have overcome some craving for carbs. The last few times I've been at the grocery store I haven't been really tempted to buy bread or brownies or cake. I hope this keeps up! :)
You are doing brilliantly I can see 6s beckoning and the KC is doing brilliantly too. What a team!

Reactions: Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

BG down from 36ppm to 32ppm, so I can officially come off the metformin ( been off it over a year now).

Cholesterol up from 2.3 to 4.5 ( boo) guess that’s all the good living I’ve been doing, I’ll have to dial back on the cheese on toast.

upload_2020-2-10_8-18-18.jpeg
equals

Hug for the cholesterol and cheese on toast
t4615.gif

plus Win for the BG
t31172.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak congrats on the H5O you are posting really great numbers lately. I think The ZA plan is coming along nicely. According to Matt Hancock today it might just happen. I have bought packs of disposable gloves in the pound shop today to keep in the cars and have booked me and Mr PM in for pneumonia jabs at Boots next Saturday. Its £70 each as we are not eligible on the NHS but it could be money well spent. Also the Boots vac is different to the NHS covering more strains.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Fab results Trick with those numbers I wouldnt worry about the cheese on toast and you should be proud and happy.

Reactions: trick60

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hope you made it back to Cornwall safely and all there was intact after the storm. Hope you enjoyed the show in London.

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

WONDERFUL News @trick60

the cholestrol at 2.3 was way too low, imo.
4,5 is probably just your body making up the shortfall to keep itself in tip top shape.
@bulkbiker has a thread on Cholesterol, with LOTS..and i do mean LOTS of information on it.

It's after all only real knowledge, that helps US decides what is best for yourselves...
but first we got to GET that knowledge, and that to me is WHY this site is just
SO Pivotal in our recovery and ongoing better health.

Pointers, Videos, Opinions & Debate by our peers, those also in the trenches with Skin in the game.
not everything works for everyone else,
but you know it's not just regurgitated BS ..these folk have tried it, and can show it worked..(or not)

we are like one massive army, taking over from where governments SHOULD be leading,
just to get ourselves into better shape health wise,
with many taking one for the team, to see if this or that leads to a better outcome.

Succeed or fail, i salute them all.

( and btw..it also gives me great honour to bestow upon you the order of Chef De Patisserie for the ZA..Penguin Battalion )

Go enjoy your day fella...richly deserved...
m1272.gif

Reactions: Ryhia

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry to LOL also but that is like a tissue in the wash x 100
That was just a small part of it PM...it was in the kitchen...up the stairs under the dining table...I am still clearing it up along with the sooty paw prints where someone? knocked over the fire guard and 'paddled' in the ash fall out...honestly I might laugh when I've finally finished...emptied the hoover twice & unblocked the pipe...the bathroom door is firmly closed...all toilet rolls are on the top shelf there...wow they are so adorable but also exhausting.