Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I like soap to wash hands @MeiChanski I think it should be as good as the stuff which comes in plastic bottles, but I could be wrong. I'm trying to reduce my footprint.
I've decided to try and make a low carb cheesecake to take round to my friend on Friday evening, no recipes as yet but think I'll just try and adapt a human recipe for those pancreatically challenged

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I prefer washing my hands with warm water and soap. Unfortunately hand sanitizer was the one thing I needed because I wasn’t near anywhere to wash my hands properly.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bloods were running too high for me last few days, but today with no insulin changes and 3rd day of cannula, which sometimes causes higher than usual results, they've been low last 24 hrs. The joys of madam diabetes. Oh and tile came off roof in gales. Hey ho, such is life. Just hope no more come off. It will be too wild tomorrow for the builders to come, even if they had time!! They'll be very busy I would imagine!!!

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Bloods were running too high for me last few days, but today with no insulin changes and 3rd day of cannula, which sometimes causes higher than usual results, they've been low last 24 hrs. The joys of madam diabetes. Oh and tile came off roof in gales. Hey ho, such is life. Just hope no more come off. It will be too wild tomorrow for the builders to come, even if they had time!! They'll be very busy I would imagine!!!

Hello and a big welcome to the thread :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was at the doctors earlier and I went to the pharmacy to buy hand sanitizer and low and behold, they didn’t have any.

I bought one in Morrisons to slip into my high Viz jacket on the school run, lots of sneezing going on, especially from one child !!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like soap to wash hands @MeiChanski I think it should be as good as the stuff which comes in plastic bottles, but I could be wrong. I'm trying to reduce my footprint.
I've decided to try and make a low carb cheesecake to take round to my friend on Friday evening, no recipes as yet but think I'll just try and adapt a human recipe for those pancreatically challenged

Sue, I'm not a desserts fan, so have made few, but this blogger tends to be rock solid, in terms of results, and this one looks straightforward, to make, and modestly enough costed if you wanted to do a "dry run" before the event.

I hope the party goes well.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, have had a friend staying for a few days, last day today, been nie to do nothing but please ourselves. Bg not too bad despite eating slightly differently from usual, though not thrilled but the waking 3.2 today. Hope your appointment goes well @karen8967.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not a good start to the day, scan said 16.1 with a steady rise through the night, bloods 13.something - where what and why?!? Either I'm coming down with something (I am feeling a bit more lethargic than normal :rolleyes:) or, and most likely, it was the peanuts I scoffed whilst watching Cold Feet last night.......

Now sat at 11.6 heading due south.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, have had a friend staying for a few days, last day today, been nie to do nothing but please ourselves. Bg not too bad despite eating slightly differently from usual, though not thrilled but the waking 3.2 today. Hope your appointment goes well @karen8967.
Thanks Hh1 x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother you’ll have them for a long time so get the ones that you like the look of. If it’s anything like our new kitchen a few years ago we went significantly over budget but not regretted it.
Just catching up after yesterday’s ceramics by the sea.
Yes, I agree it has to be the best-liked that we can get. We’ve both been retired from daily grind-life for a bit now so there’s a budget to stick to. But, it’s amazing what deals friends can get so the flooring’ll be high end with a big discount from one friend’s connections while the tiles I like best just happen to be cheaper ones, nice and simple. If the sky were the limit I’d have the units hand painted by the best Indian coachwork decorators: I’d fly them in first class and they’d stay at a top end hotel.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes, I prefer washing my hands with warm water and soap. Unfortunately hand sanitizer was the one thing I needed because I wasn’t near anywhere to wash my hands properly.
Wear gloves when travelling and try not to touch any ‘shared’ surfaces like rails and handles (tissues and hand towels are useful)?

Reactions: MeiChanski

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Welcome @Mad76. Good to see you here.
It’s a perfect blue skies sun shiny day here, very lovely. Apart from the fact that I was woken at 05.30 by a low BG alarm, it’s all cheeeful-making.
Hope your appointment’s fruitful @karen8967.
@MeiChanski, why not join a union? With any luck the rotten job will be the last one you have that’s that bad, but unions have lawyers who work for their members as part of the package.
If I were in your position now then I’d breathe a big sigh of relief that I was leaving and shake the dust off my heels.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Moaning all :)
Why do customers keep bringing in nice biscuits??? I have gone thru so much insulin this morning and loads of cups of tea to dunk the biscuits in
@karen8967 hope your apptmnt goes ok today. I would be bringing up the Omnipod and how you couldn't get on with it and be asking about a different pump....pretty sure that would be on your agenda anyways

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Moaning all :)
Why do customers keep bringing in nice biscuits??? I have gone thru so much insulin this morning and loads of cups of tea to dunk the biscuits in
@karen8967 hope your apptmnt goes ok today. I would be bringing up the Omnipod and how you couldn't get on with it and be asking about a different pump....pretty sure that would be on your agenda anyways
Morning,
When I used to work shared biscuits and cake were my daily downfall !! Literally every single day. I wasnt diagnosed then, so ate and ate and ate !!!!

Reactions: SueJB and Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do customers keep bringing in nice biscuits???

Have one more...........
375px-Nice_biscuit.jpg